Possible issue with Windows 10 Update. (Insider Preview Build 20150.1000)

Hi Guys, I have been using the Fast Release version of Microsoft Windows 10 Insider Preview Build on my home PC. Its a Dell Laptop with i5 & GTX 1050 Graphics card. The update released Wednesday 17th June appears to completely Brick the GW2.exe (32 & 64) launchers. The error is "Connection error(s) detected, retrying" which I looked up as a common issue often related to either port traffic, DNS or connectivity issue...I tried the posted fixes for -clientport -authsrv & -assetsrv and was unable to resolve with DNS name or (after looking it up) the current IP address.I rolled a clean build over my laptop (Same image Windows 10 Insider Preview 20150.100) and tried again with the same results.I then cleared the Operating System drive and installed Windows 10 v2004 from a fresh download and have no issues running Gw2setup (gw2.exe) to connect and download the game.

So if you use an Insider build be very wary of the current (or next, if you're on a slower release track) Windows Insider Preview Build.

I did not have time or inclination to investigate further I'm afraid because I just wanted to get it working correctly.(I sent a message to GW Support and they suggested posting to the forum)

Why would anyone willingly join any program to get Preview releases of updates from an operating system which is known to have deleted personal data because of an update in the past? I download updates with Wsus Offline Updater, wait a few month to see, if there are any more bad news about them, then I install them.

@Nokomis.5076 said:Why would anyone willingly join any program to get Preview releases of updates from an operating system which is known to have deleted personal data because of an update in the past? I download updates with Wsus Offline Updater, wait a few month to see, if there are any more bad news about them, then I install them.

Least of all, installing preview releases on production systems. Can't understand the OP's thought process here.

@"Nokomis.5076" said:Why would anyone willingly join any program to get Preview releases of updates from an operating system which is known to have deleted personal data because of an update in the past? I download updates with Wsus Offline Updater, wait a few month to see, if there are any more bad news about them, then I install them.

I work in IT Services and find it very useful to be one of the first to "experience" Microsoft's changes. My system is built to be resilient to circumstances like this and rolled back/rebuilt in around an hour. Being part of the Insider Preview is (for me) about picking up these and other issues along with interface changes as early as possible so that they can be reported and prepared for. I'd only ever use a tested build on production systems myself but someone still has to do the testing...

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Nokomis.5076 said:Why would anyone willingly join any program to get Preview releases of updates from an operating system which is known to have deleted personal data because of an update in the past? I download updates with Wsus Offline Updater, wait a few month to see, if there are any more bad news about them, then I install them.

Least of all, installing preview releases on production systems. Can't understand the OP's thought process here.

be glad someone is willing to charge in first so you don't have to :p

Someone has to test them out so that you have a flawless experience. p.s you're welcome.

• 2 weeks later...