Ascended set with gold only?

exspect around 250 gold for one full ascended armor set. (plus 40-50 gold for one crafting discipline to 500, leather more)exspect around 50 gold for one weapon (plus 40-50 gold for one crafting discipline to 500)

learn crafting guide with shopping-list & prices: https://gw2crafts.net/armor guide with shopping-list & prices https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/ascended?filter.type=0weapon guide with shopping-list & prices: https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/ascended

for the recipes it depends, some for gold in the TP, some for laurels from the teacher, generally it doesn't matter much with stats you craft you can transform them afterwards quite cheap: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge#Ascended_equipment_prefix_change

The only thing which yu need to cough up on yur own is the Vision Crystal and Lesser Vision Crystals.If yur seriously rich, yu can buy the materials to craft it with.

But that requires yu to have Lv500 in the particular craft which makes the equipment, which is another gold sink in itself if one is trying to rush it.

So yu will end up doing this :

• Dump a bunch of Gold levelling crafts
  • Dump a bunch of Gold buying Ascended Insignia and Inscriptions
  • Dump a bunch of Gold buying pre-crafted Weapon and Armor parts
  • Dump gold and timegated Laurels into learning Recipies
  • Dump more Gold if yu wish to switch the stats on it.

So unless yur willing to shell out ridiculous amounts of money, and still have to farm for the Vision Crystals, then yes yu can make Ascended with Gold.

My advice for a quick Ascended with not so much investment?Find a Guild that does regular WvW / Meta / WB trains.These events all have a chance to drop Ascended Armor or Weapon coffers, and are pretty fun to do, and yu can participate in them with just Exotic gear.

Then it's just a small matter to stat change these Armor pieces.

@Yasai.3549 said:The only thing which yu need to cough up won yur own is the Vision Crystal and Lesser Vision Crystals.If yur seriously rich, yu can buy the materials to craft it with.

But that requires yu to have Lv500 in the particular craft which makes the equipment, which is another gold sink in itself if one is trying to rush it.

So yu will end up doing this :

• Dump a bunch of Gold levelling crafts
  • Dump a bunch of Gold buying Ascended Insignia and Inscriptions
  • Dump a bunch of Gold buying pre-crafted Weapon and Armor parts
  • Dump gold and timegated Laurels into learning Recipies
  • Dump more Gold if yu wish to switch the stats on it.

So unless yur willing to shell out ridiculous amounts of money, and still have to farm for the Vision Crystals, then yes yu can make Ascended with Gold.

ridiculous :) just around 700 gold for full equipment :) a single leggy is still 3-6 times as much. And I saw newbies who‘s first move in the Game was to buy a leggy :)

@Andswith.8149 said:Hey guys, is it possible to get all ascended items using only gold? Or at least full armors?

I'm just crafting my first ascended armor and I notice there are materials what you can't buy and one material what can be buyed, but not with gold. But I'm still newbie, so I don't really know all the possibilities.

• Augur's Stone I had to buy with Spirit Shards in Lion's Arch npc.
  • Empyreal Fragment you can get from many chests as loot and Living World Story 2 rewards, can't be buyed
  • Dragonite Ore you can get from loots or harvesting resources in some zones after done Living World Story 3.
  • Bloodstone Dust you get from loots, it's I think most common loot there is.
  • Thermocatalytic Reagent you can buy from master armorsmith npc with gold or even TP
  • Glob of Dark Matter you get by salvage exotic gear, of course you can buy exotic gear from TP with gold.
  • Glob of Ectoplasm you can get by salvage rare or exotic gears or buying it from npcs with many different ways, but not gold, example karma.

I don't remember what else was needed, what was harder to get material. Others was just common stuff what you can buy with gold from TP.

• 2 weeks later...