06/23/2020—June 23 Release Notes
Dragon Bash Festival
It's time for Dragon Bash! It wouldn't be a proper celebration without your attendance. Join me in Hoelbrak for another moot for the ages! There will be tests of strength, racing, food, song, and most importantly—ale.
I'll see you there. Unless, of course, you don't enjoy fun.
Join the celebration in Hoelbrak! Celebrate Tyria's resistance against the Elder Dragons while engaging in a variety of festive games:
- Dragon Arena: Show off your dragon-fighting prowess against lifelike holograms in the Dragon Arena, or tackle a more difficult gauntlet in Dragon Arena Survival.
- Hologram Stampede: The fighting continues in the Hologram Stampede, a map-wide scramble to clear the Hoelbrak countryside of deadly enemies.
- Pinata Bashing: Master the tradition of destroying dragon pinatas in the Pinata Bashing adventure.
- Dragon Bash Rally: Speed around Hoelbrak in a new mounted race, the Dragon Bash Rally.
- Moa Race: Tigg's famous racing moas return in a moa race event. Put your zhaitaffy on the line and cheer on the winner!
The festival meta-achievement, (Annual) Dragon Bash Feats, has been updated with a new reward: the Holographic Dragon Shoulders. Last year's reward, the Holographic Dragon Helm, can now be purchased from the Dragon Bash Merchant (Prizes).
- Norn weaponsmiths have crafted a new take on Dragon Bash's signature Holographic weapons, the Imbued Holographic set. Once you have earned a Holographic weapon, visit the Dragon Bash Merchant (Weapons) to purchase an alternate Imbued Holographic form!
- A new home instance node, the Commemorative Dragon Pinata, can now be purchased from the Dragon Bash Merchant (Prizes).
- A new festival invitation, "Invitation to Dragon Bash," will be included in festival announcement mail for easy travel directly to Hoelbrak. If you misplace your invitation, it can be repurchased from Sarettokk in Lion's Arch.
- New Dragon Bash themed guild decorations have been added.
- The party rages for three weeks, from June 23 until July 14 at noon Pacific Time (UTC-7). Get bashing!
- Artillery Strike: Updated the tooltip and description of the Strike Mission version of this skill to better communicate its damage, area of effect, and targets.
- Artillery Strike: Updated the tooltip and description of the story version of this skill and to better communicate its damage, area of effect, and targets.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
- The new Dark Monarch Skyscale Skin is now available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 2,000 gems.
- The new Zhaitaffy Gobbler Pack is now available in the Utility category of the Gem Store for 400 gems.
- To celebrate Dragon Bash, Dragon's Fortune Fireworks are free for a limited time. Dragon's Fortune Fireworks are available in the Toys category of the Gem Store, limited to one per account.
Black Lion Chest
The Black Lion Chest has been updated to the Dragonfire Chest and can be previewed for a full list of its contents.
- The new Evon Gnashblade Dragon Coffer has been added as the guaranteed item for the duration of the Dragonfire Chest.
- The new Wyrm's Breath Cape is available as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The new Dark Monarch Skyscale Skin is available as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The Seven Reapers Grasps return as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The Improvised Weapon Collection and the Tempest Weapon Collection are available as uncommon and rare drops respectively for the duration of this chest.
- Unused versions of the Glyph of Volatility and Glyph of the Crucible are available as rare drops for the duration of this chest.
The items available in exchange for Black Lion Statuettes have been updated. Black Lion Statuettes are redeemable by using the statuette itself or redeeming them at any of the Black Lion Chest Merchants located in every major city.
- A new selection of hats has been added, including the Swaggering Hat, Fuzzy Panda Hat, and Top Hat, among others.
- The exclusive Kasmeer's Regalia Cape, Dragon Fireworks Package, Fire-Breathing Package, and Hydra Staff are currently available.
- Additional items including Kasmeer's Regal Outfit, Kasmeer's Staff Skin, Marjory's Shrouded Outfit, and Marjory's Axe Skin, have been added, among others.
Improvements and Updates
- The two time-limited Black Lion Weapons Specialists have been removed from the Vaults area of Lion's Arch.
- Fixed an issue in which harvesting tools would fail to harvest all items from a plant in rare circumstances.
- Fixed an issue with the Mordrem Alpha jackal skin's icon ordering within the Hero panel.
ArenaNet Communications Team