Open letter. Let's talk about Chrono and why none of this makes any sense.

SaferMurderweapon.7143

So...... anybody remember this?

I dunno if you guys do, but these are the changes that went live before I quit a game that I played for x amount of years blah blah blah I know you've heard it a million times. But please try to understand (I beg you) where I am coming from and why I like many others kept coming back to this game and why I like many others am bothering to create yet another obnoxious wall of text in ever seemingly vain hope that something will change despite the fact that it will probably not get read.

It's because I love Chrono and I love this game. But I love Chrono more. Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike Everquest nostalgia more. Anyone else play that? Fun game, but it's not the game we remember now is it? In regards to the genre, stuff has changed, things are modernized and overall the MMO genre has grown stale. We know this. However, amongst all this Chrono is a gem. Forget that the rest of the game is even good debatable as that may be for some people. I would and have played it for this spec alone. And ever since last year, Chrono just felt so clunky and unfun to play y'know where I'm going with this if you're another forum user who plays or played Chrono. We all complain about the same things. But this is directed at Anet. I am not a developer. But despite this, and in light of witnessing the same trend that we witnessed with Necro, as coincidental as it may be, these changes have been complained about for almost a year if not more if you include others though they're not as sever as this one and our complaints have been met with what I can only describe as apathy based on what I've seen. Maybe an Anet dev had something constructive to say to another user at some point. I dunno. I didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. I want to try and acknowledge that there may be some people at Anet that feel the same way the Mesmer community does about... Mesmer. And that they may be trying to work on a problem they don't know how to solve.

But at the end of the day, what most people see are the patch notes. The ones that you so gracefully provide despite the fact it may result in pandemonium. However you do so for a reason. Transparency or whatever you decide what that reason is, you wouldn't be providing patch notes and having places to discuss patch notes if you weren't going to factor in feedback on said patch notes.

Little quick disclaimer; I am not saying Chrono is dead. It's presently not fun imho and I would like to have fun playing it again. And I am sure that there are too many people who can relate than there should be. Assuming they are still around. I'm guessing not. That's what typically happens when a developer does something that makes players upset about something. They go somewhere else and move on. I haven't been able to do that because in my opinion, with all due respect everything else sucks.

Anyway, topic at hand...

Put simply as far as the forums go, Chrono is a victim of those who don't understand it, don't want to understand it, and yet think they can discuss what should be done about it like they do understand it. I'm referring to the "QQers" and those who bandwagon against Mesmer as a black sheep amongst the rest of the professions that they keep losing against often ingame by people who don't like losing or don't like the meta focused comp bias which will always exist whether Chrono continues to or not. Even if it merits in a 5% increase in DPS. Don't believe me, go play another MMO. Elitists exist wherever elitism will matter. Including the "friendly" games. Anyway, those who have mastered Mesmer or Chrono rather are the ones that need to be heard. The ones who have been complaining for the past year instead of actually playing the game that they love and would otherwise be playing if their main wasn't unfairly shot in the kneecaps by a class rebalance disguised as a "rework".

We've seen this trend with Necro albeit not for the same duration but long enough to matter, it's happened to Mesmer at a much greater extent. Mesmer has become the new black sheep. Arenanet, we don't know what you're doing and you need to talk to us if you want your Mesmer players to come back. Or at least show through updates that our feedback is being taken into consideration while keeping in mind that the Mesmer community is in the minority among other professions and those that speak about that don't actually play it are often those that want to impose their own support build upon others in raids (looks at toughness firebrands in WvW guilds that try to raid), or those that often lose to it and can't be bothered to learn the game beyond treating it like its a tab-target Destiny where you just click an enemy player, CC them, and then burst them till dead.

Every. Profession. Does. This. And yet only Mesmers seem to be paying for it. How come Guardian doesn't have a tradeoff yet? I wonder...

Assuming you haven't already, please seriously consider the feedback you have received over the past two years from Mesmer players. It was in the perfect spot back in Summer of 2018 before the Signet of Inspiration change which was also when I first started raiding and Chronos were basically regarded as unicorns at the time despite being "overpowered" and I knew only one other person besides myself who enjoyed Chronojail.

We all know our class is overpowered and why nerfs may be necessary. But consider more alternatives like buffing other classes and offering them new options like the ones that make Mesmer so unique and fun to play or just dialing down its performance a bit without completely changing how it plays. Over the past year, I have seen some smart choices from you that are both fun and just plain good. Like giving Thieves portals for example. Utterly brilliant and this is coming from someone who likes helping other players with jumping puzzles FOR FREE without accepting tips and FOR FUN in addition to supporting them. Why not give Guardians a utility where they can target a player and give them invulnerability kinda like how Mesmers spread Distort around them or if not that, take damage for them? Why not make smoke screens do this instead of just blocking projectiles? Oh wait, they can reflect too when traited for. Why not provide more group pull abilities to other classes? Why not give another class the ability to provide more boons and create more options to play supports or tanks. I can go on and on. Honestly, if people who mained other classes played Chrono and took some time to understand it, they would see exactly what they are missing and would be asking for it instead of crying for nerfs kinda like how people have been asking for portals on other classes for YEARS and now we finally have 3 classes with portals in addition to any others that may have been added recently. I dunno if there are any since I've been primarily focused on Chrono this whole time. But my point stands nonetheless. Everything can be powerful and fun on top of being viable and the game shouldn't be balanced around people who crunch numbers all day and min-max DPS. It should be balanced around those who actually play the game instead of staring at spreadsheets and going for speed clears whenever they're not hitting a golem in the squad training area.

I'm not saying they should give everything Chrono has to other classes. But that, rather than just outright gutting a single class so that way everyone is bland, make everyone truly unique or rather, non-generic. If someone wants to play like a Chrono but play something other than Chrono, why not let them? It doesn't have to be a Chrono-like or Chrono-lite, it just needs additional complexity. More options, utility, anything you can think of that enables players to be tactful with their class and reward them for doing so and as a matter of fact, some of this exists already. We just need more. With your game, you have the most interesting class choices out of any modern MMO in my honest opinion. As financially successful as it may be, please don't FFXIV your game. It's growing because of WoW's failure but the quality has actually declined. Being a good game nonetheless, more people are going to talk about it and it will sound like it is getting better when it really isn't. It's just becoming more popular. Good or great, makes no difference. But this game is its own game. It's your game. Homogenized classes are bad. GW2's classes are special. Just look at Scholar. It was seen as the most complicated class in the game back in Heavensward. It was different and complex. Had pet micromangement and hard to play according to most people. It was my main and it was fun and I understood it thoroughly, taught many people how to play it, and once upon a time, one of my so called "mentees" better than me and went on to be one of the top Scholars in the game according to fflogs. He quit. These days you now often hear "it's the only class I don't suck at". Even my ex plays it now and she despises anything complicated. In addition to making it easy to play, they made it overpowered. People who used to dislike it now love it and those who loved it have moved on or fall asleep spamming Broil because that's their game and well... same case as Chrono basically. Meanwhile, anyone can fit into raids because anyone can play basically anything because the skill ceiling is super low due to the lack of complexity beyond abilities like Rescue that are often used as a trolling tool rather than what it was intended for.

Let me reiterate this another way in case none of this makes sense. I don't expect it to given that most of the feedback that does make sense somehow seems to not as a reflection of what is being done to the game in some instances, specifically Chrono. But you can make everyone happy without constantly nerfing things or making everything the same and have the whole Mesmer community view you as their savior. You have already proven that you're capable of this, that you're not an incompetent developer, you've done in an old engine (trust me, I know the spaghetti code and what this game's engine was originally intended for and in addition to lot of the technical issues you deal with and an idea of what you might deal with in studio and blah blah blah blah) what's taken a AAA dev like Square Enix far too long to do (specifically adding flying to earlier zones and swimming AFTER overhauling their entire game with a near world ending cataclysm which you never had to do ONCE), but we feel our feedback is being ignored. I say all this because people act like you have no idea what you are doing when you actually do and yet the changes to this class somehow don't reflect that hence the lack of faith in you as a developer. I don't know if someone in development has a class bias or feedback isn't being relayed properly. But we're beginning to assume the former given the case with Necro and its similarity to what is going on with Mesmer.

Anyway, please make good things happen so good things can happen. I mean, what you need is already there. Excluding the rants and vulgarities, you have a treasure trove of feedback that is seemingly untapped.

You truly have the power to make change o reader mine. ;)

Edit: Forgot to proofread. Don't have proof about proof read. Can't proofread the proof either because there is no proof to proofread. But if there was, what would it prove? Can you prove proof? Proveproofreadprove

@"Vincenzo.3145" said:So...... anybody remember this?

I dunno if you guys do, but these are the changes that went live before I quit a game that I played for x amount of years blah blah blah I know you've heard it a million times. But please try to understand (I beg you) where I am coming from and why I like many others kept coming back to this game and why I like many others am bothering to create yet another obnoxious wall of text in ever seemingly vain hope that something will change despite the fact that it will probably not get read.

It's because I love Chrono and I love this game. But I love Chrono more. Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike Everquest nostalgia more. Anyone else play that? Fun game, but it's not the game we remember now is it? In regards to the genre, stuff has changed, things are modernized and overall the MMO genre has grown stale. We know this. However, amongst all this Chrono is a gem. Forget that the rest of the game is even good debatable as that may be for some people. I would and have played it for this spec alone. And ever since last year, Chrono just felt so clunky and unfun to play y'know where I'm going with this if you're another forum user who plays or played Chrono. We all complain about the same things. But this is directed at Anet. I am not a developer. But despite this, and in light of witnessing the same trend that we witnessed with Necro, as coincidental as it may be, these changes have been complained about for almost a year if not more if you include others though they're not as sever as this one and our complaints have been met with what I can only describe as apathy based on what I've seen. Maybe an Anet dev had something constructive to say to another user at some point. I dunno. I didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. I want to try and acknowledge that there may be some people at Anet that feel the same way the Mesmer community does about... Mesmer. And that they may be trying to work on a problem they don't know how to solve.

But at the end of the day, what most people see are the patch notes. The ones that you so gracefully provide despite the fact it may result in pandemonium. However you do so for a reason. Transparency or whatever you decide what that reason is, you wouldn't be providing patch notes and having places to discuss patch notes if you weren't going to factor in feedback on said patch notes.

Little quick disclaimer; I am not saying Chrono is dead. It's presently not fun imho and I would like to have fun playing it again. And I am sure that there are too many people who can relate than there should be. Assuming they are still around. I'm guessing not. That's what typically happens when a developer does something that makes players upset about something. They go somewhere else and move on. I haven't been able to do that because in my opinion, with all due respect everything else sucks.

Anyway, topic at hand...

Put simply as far as the forums go, Chrono is a victim of those who don't understand it, don't want to understand it, and yet think they can discuss what should be done about it like they do understand it. I'm referring to the "QQers" and those who bandwagon against Mesmer as a black sheep amongst the rest of the professions that they keep losing against often ingame by people who don't like losing or don't like the meta focused comp bias which will always exist whether Chrono continues to or not. Even if it merits in a 5% increase in DPS. Don't believe me, go play another MMO. Elitists exist wherever elitism will matter. Including the "friendly" games. Anyway, those who have mastered Mesmer or Chrono rather are the ones that need to be heard. The ones who have been complaining for the past year instead of actually playing the game that they love and would otherwise be playing if their main wasn't unfairly shot in the kneecaps by a class rebalance disguised as a "rework".

We've seen this trend with Necro albeit not for the same duration but long enough to matter, it's happened to Mesmer at a much greater extent. Mesmer has become the new black sheep. Arenanet, we don't know what you're doing and you need to talk to us if you want your Mesmer players to come back. Or at least show through updates that our feedback is being taken into consideration while keeping in mind that the Mesmer community is in the minority among other professions and those that speak about that don't actually play it are often those that want to impose their own support build upon others in raids (looks at toughness firebrands in WvW guilds that try to raid), or those that often lose to it and can't be bothered to learn the game beyond treating it like its a tab-target Destiny where you just click an enemy player, CC them, and then burst them till dead.

Every. Profession. Does. This. And yet only Mesmers seem to be paying for it. How come Guardian doesn't have a tradeoff yet? I wonder...

Assuming you haven't already, please seriously consider the feedback you have received over the past two years from Mesmer players. It was in the perfect spot back in Summer of 2018 before the Signet of Inspiration change which was also when I first started raiding and Chronos were basically regarded as unicorns at the time despite being "overpowered" and I knew only one other person besides myself who enjoyed Chronojail.

We all know our class is overpowered and why nerfs may be necessary. But consider more alternatives like buffing other classes and offering them new options like the ones that make Mesmer so unique and fun to play or just dialing down its performance a bit without completely changing how it plays. Over the past year, I have seen some smart choices from you that are both fun and just plain good. Like giving Thieves portals for example. Utterly brilliant and this is coming from someone who likes helping other players with jumping puzzles FOR FREE without accepting tips and FOR FUN in addition to supporting them. Why not give Guardians a utility where they can target a player and give them invulnerability kinda like how Mesmers spread Distort around them or if not that, take damage for them? Why not make smoke screens do this instead of just blocking projectiles? Oh wait, they can reflect too when traited for. Why not provide more group pull abilities to other classes? Why not give another class the ability to provide more boons and create more options to play supports or tanks. I can go on and on. Honestly, if people who mained other classes played Chrono and took some time to understand it, they would see exactly what they are missing and would be asking for it instead of crying for nerfs kinda like how people have been asking for portals on other classes for YEARS and now we finally have 3 classes with portals in addition to any others that may have been added recently. I dunno if there are any since I've been primarily focused on Chrono this whole time. But my point stands nonetheless. Everything can be powerful and fun on top of being viable and the game shouldn't be balanced around people who crunch numbers all day and min-max DPS. It should be balanced around those who actually play the game instead of staring at spreadsheets and going for speed clears whenever they're not hitting a golem in the squad training area.

I'm not saying they should give everything Chrono has to other classes. But that, rather than just outright gutting a single class so that way everyone is bland, make everyone truly unique or rather, non-generic. If someone wants to play like a Chrono but play something other than Chrono, why not let them? It doesn't have to be a Chrono-like or Chrono-lite, it just needs additional complexity. More options, utility, anything you can think of that enables players to be tactful with their class and reward them for doing so and as a matter of fact, some of this exists already. We just need more. With your game, you have the most interesting class choices out of any modern MMO in my honest opinion. As financially successful as it may be, please don't FFXIV your game. It's growing because of WoW's failure but the quality has actually declined. Being a good game nonetheless, more people are going to talk about it and it will sound like it is getting better when it really isn't. It's just becoming more popular. Good or great, makes no difference. But this game is its own game. It's your game. Homogenized classes are bad. GW2's classes are special. Just look at Scholar. It was seen as the most complicated class in the game back in Heavensward. It was different and complex. Had pet micromangement and hard to play according to most people. It was my main and it was fun and I understood it thoroughly, taught many people how to play it, and once upon a time, one of my so called "mentees" better than me and went on to be one of the top Scholars in the game according to fflogs. He quit. These days you now often hear "it's the only class I don't suck at". Even my ex plays it now and she despises anything complicated. In addition to making it easy to play, they made it overpowered. People who used to dislike it now love it and those who loved it have moved on or fall asleep spamming Broil because that's their game and well... same case as Chrono basically. Meanwhile, anyone can fit into raids because anyone can play basically anything because the skill ceiling is super low due to the lack of complexity beyond abilities like Rescue that are often used as a trolling tool rather than what it was intended for.

Let me reiterate this another way in case none of this makes sense. I don't expect it to given that most of the feedback that does make sense somehow seems to not as a reflection of what is being done to the game in some instances, specifically Chrono. But you can make everyone happy without constantly nerfing things or making everything the same and have the whole Mesmer community view you as their savior. You have already proven that you're capable of this, that you're not an incompetent developer, you've done in an old engine (trust me, I know the spaghetti code and what this game's engine was originally intended for and in addition to lot of the technical issues you deal with and an idea of what you might deal with in studio and blah blah blah blah) what's taken a AAA dev like Square Enix far too long to do (specifically adding flying to earlier zones and swimming AFTER overhauling their entire game with a near world ending cataclysm which you never had to do ONCE), but we feel our feedback is being ignored. I say all this because people act like you have no idea what you are doing when you actually do and yet the changes to this class somehow don't reflect that hence the lack of faith in you as a developer. I don't know if someone in development has a class bias or feedback isn't being relayed properly. But we're beginning to assume the former given the case with Necro and its similarity to what is going on with Mesmer.

Anyway, please make good things happen so good things can happen. I mean, what you need is already there. Excluding the rants and vulgarities, you have a treasure trove of feedback that is seemingly untapped.

You truly have the power to make change o reader mine. ;)

Edit: Forgot to proofread. Don't have proof about proof read. Can't proofread the proof either because there is no proof to proofread. But if there was, what would it prove? Can you prove proof? Proveproofreadprove

First, I just wanted to say Yes! I too remember Everquest! I had many toons in EQ. Two of them had Epic Weapons a Warrior and an Enchanter. I played the enchanter the most I loved the way EQ did crowd control and large scale fighting in raids. I loved the way Death was more impactful in EQ and that ascpect was hard to get over when I first came to GW. GW felt kinda silly allot of the time because it doesnt really penalize players for things like death so it makes it harder to feel accomplished in GW in general. In pve you pretty much have to look past the actual game play allot of the time and find reward in experiencing the content itself allot of the time. Even when content is harder to succeed at the lack of penalty for death IMO is part of why people often say pve is boring and ez. That said, I have after all these years in GW1 and 2 gotten over that pretty much. It mostly only comes to mind when I think back to playing EQ and remember how the way crowd control and a more traditional trinity type combat system and the way you actually lost all your stuff on your corpse untill/unless you got it back added allot of reason to care about gameplay. It motivated people to care how they played. It provided motive for players to be generally nicer to each other and to be more willing to work together to do hard things because corpse recovery in some places was impossible without help. Places like Plane of Air come to mind. TO me Chrono and mesmer was kind of like this even though we didnt get ways to mesmerize mobs in gw but Mes got cool skill denial skills that where fun and had a similarly different way of doing its thing. We also dont get to take control of mobs and use them as a pet like in EQ, but in GW2 we got some cool utilities that provided value to teams. Like slow and quickness and then with Chrono alacrity. I really liked this about mesmer then chrono. I too was bummed out with the nerfs to chrono and now to mirage too. I play Mirage still but I mean lets face it, its pretty gimpy these days.

Back in 2001 during an Everquest Fan Fair was when I was first introduced to Guild Wars. Some of the orginal GW team came to San Diego during the EQ fan fair and did a preview in which they showed us a video and gave us all access to a very early beta preview. Basically as I recall it was 1 pve map and a pvp area. It has some basic drops incuding dye lol! After that I started doing the beta events and when GW came out I switched from the pay to play EQ model over to GW. Then later came back when GW2 came out, etc.

I agree that the changed to Mes and the latest 1 dodge changes havent seemed to help make QQers go away. It hasnt made PvP more fun (the polls say its worse now). It doesnt feel like it has improved much of anything. It does feel like it has driven more players away and caused those who still play to play less and I personally used to buy allot of gems and have totally stopped buying gems since the Mesmer changes from last year. I doubt I am the only one. I think Anet should consider reversing many of the changes. I would at least like to see them step up and get to working on balance.

All that said, I dont have high expectation Anet would ever admit they may have been in error or that they would ever come around and move things a good direction. I have lost faith in them all as developers. Seems like the people who could make the right choices and do the work have all left.

You can play a different class, that's what I did.

1. Chrono is basically unplayable unless you have constant clone output , I really wish they would restore the daze base shatter (diversion) when there are no clones if not Mind Wrack. If skill recharges from Continuum Split were such a problem they could have just made it revert health + endurance only.
  2. Mirage is a one dodge meme class that only works against skill spam or fast autoattack bosses , confusion is not anything remotely good otherwise.
  3. Core mesmer has two avenues of play: glassy power shatter or condi without the burst of mirage ambushes or axe weapon skills.

There is a Let's Play WvW on the GW2 Twitch channel from the 11th (if I remember correctly). It's a great opportunity to ask the devs WvW and PvP questions. In this particular instance there were a number of questions checking in on Mesmer (other professions too). Sounds like Chrono complaints have been heard and something is in the works, albeit specifics couldn't be discussed.

I think the "tradeoffs" thing has largely been a failure across the board, because:

1. Half the tradeoffs are just silly (like -HP for Scrapper).
  2. A bunch of classes still don't actually have "tradeoffs," presumably because no one could come up with one in the first place.
  3. Mesmer just got hosed completely, with both elite specs getting something that undercuts the fundamental focus of each elite spec.(Rev was basically the only class that benefited from the "tradeoff" redesign, imo, and that's only because it got a nice little new Core-only mechanic instead of a clunky nerf.)

@Allarius.5670 said:There is a Let's Play WvW on the GW2 Twitch channel from the 11th (if I remember correctly). It's a great opportunity to ask the devs WvW and PvP questions. In this particular instance there were a number of questions checking in on Mesmer (other professions too). Sounds like Chrono complaints have been heard and something is in the works, albeit specifics couldn't be discussed.

Don't. Don't give me hope. Q_Q

Just gonna leave what I wished Chrono was like here, since this is a Chrono thread :

• Clones are like "save spots" in time, frozen in place whenever a clone is generated.
  • Shatters do not consume Clones, and are always considered as Stage 1 Shatters
  • Continuum Split has a short cooldown (15 seconds or so) and Shatters the latest Clone created and reverts the Mesmer's position, but not their health or cooldowns
  • Alternate GM trait which makes Continuum Split the current version where it has a long cooldown, leaves behind a marker which can then be reactivated within 5 seconds and reverts Health and Cooldowns.

What does all this do?

If one predicts their generated Clone's location, they can potentially use this to outplay their opponents through superior positioning and juking.

For example : Phantasmal Berserker will summon a Phantasm which will spin through their target then become a Clone.If a Chrono takes advantage of this, they can then swap to the recently generated Clone to get closer to their target for any follow up skills.

Likewise, if a Chrono is looking to juke around, they can intentionally leave Clones in areas away from the fight and lead an enemy away from it before swapping back to it.

@"Yasai.3549" said:Just gonna leave what I wished Chrono was like here, since this is a Chrono thread :

• Clones are like "save spots" in time, frozen in place whenever a clone is generated.
  • Shatters do not consume Clones, and are always considered as Stage 1 Shatters
  • Continuum Split has a short cooldown (15 seconds or so) and Shatters the latest Clone created and reverts the Mesmer's position, but not their health or cooldowns
  • Alternate GM trait which makes Continuum Split the current version where it has a long cooldown, leaves behind a marker which can then be reactivated within 5 seconds and reverts Health and Cooldowns.

What does all this do?

If one predicts their generated Clone's location, they can potentially use this to outplay their opponents through superior positioning and juking.

For example : Phantasmal Berserker will summon a Phantasm which will spin through their target then become a Clone.If a Chrono takes advantage of this, they can then swap to the recently generated Clone to get closer to their target for any follow up skills.

Likewise, if a Chrono is looking to juke around, they can intentionally leave Clones in areas away from the fight and lead an enemy away from it before swapping back to it.

is chrono is core mesmer without shatters but in return every 15s they can teleport short distance towards the last place their retarded clones suicided themselves ?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

is chrono is core mesmer without shatters but in return every 15s they can teleport short distance towards the last place their kitten clones suicided themselves ?

No, it's Core Shatters, minus the ability for Clones to suicide themselves.

So if yu make a Clone at point A, it will linger at point A forever until replaced.If yu Shatter, Shatters will occur around Chrono, and all the frozen Clones. (Just imagine Clones as proxies in this case, similar to Sand Shades)

In exchange, yu get a 15s cooldown positional teleport and lose multi-stage Shatters (Shatters won't matter how many Clones yu have out anymore, and always count as Stage 1, meaning yu only have base damage Mindwrack and Cry, and a short daze Diversion and a 1 second Distortion.)

Since we tell what we like to change for chrono, here are my ideas. Those ideas are for pve only.1) The phantasms must become an attack with the animation of phantasm. With damage coefficient like an ordinary attack. We will free so much traits that are for phantasm only like phantasm fury and damage.2) The phantasms should go to 1/2 casting time like the focus one to give more burst. Also it would help if signet of Ether go to 1/2 and chrono phantasmata trait doesnt stun the respawn phantasm. In power chrono all the above are at 1 second and its so slow, especially for fractals.3) Mimic should be affected by cs. It is the only skill that does that. It is like a bug.4) Gravity well should at least have the damage of well of calamity plus the cc. It is an ulty after all with 90 sec CD.5) All profession must have clones to shatter. Mesmer is not a clone.

@Yasai.3549 said:

is chrono is core mesmer without shatters but in return every 15s they can teleport short distance towards the last place their kitten clones suicided themselves ?

No, it's Core Shatters, minus the ability for Clones to suicide themselves.

So if yu make a Clone at point A, it will linger at point A forever until replaced.If yu Shatter, Shatters will occur around Chrono, and all the frozen Clones. (Just imagine Clones as proxies in this case, similar to Sand Shades)

In exchange, yu get a 15s cooldown positional teleport and lose multi-stage Shatters (Shatters won't matter how many Clones yu have out anymore, and always count as Stage 1, meaning yu only have base damage Mindwrack and Cry, and a short daze Diversion and a 1 second Distortion.)

ah I understand.Im not sure if chrono now is worse or the one you are proposingon one hand you lose all damage, but on another you gain 1s disort and interrupt, so it takes 2s longer to kill you.

I don’t know what to do with chrono. From a PvP / WvW perspective Chrono has by far the most inconsistent design of all classes/especs. Nothing is useful and punishes the player if he makes the decision to take it. F1 for example is only useful with slow and there is no good way to apply slow beside interrupt and one damn utility skill.

I don’t even understand why the concept of this espec is master of time manipulation if the only thing that it does on a reliable base is applying alacrity to itself and a little bit of quickness to the group. And even that is done in the most clunky and unspectacular way you could imagine. Beside that, other classes do that too and better and don’t need to have a whole espec-design as an excuse to gain access to things like that.

I have to admit i do not even really have the feeling of playing a time based class design. It feels more like a other way of playing core Mesmer with clunky mechanics. If ANet wants to reduce chrono to only being able to manipulate cds and attack speed why do we have 2 boons (alacrity and quickness) and 2 conditions (chill and Slow) in the game wich are tied to this theme but we are not able to apply any of them in a form, that it’s viable.

Why is chill only accessible with well of recall. Where is the point of being able to inflict one second of chill. Having more access to chill would fit perfectly to the idea to manipulate cds and would make it for me more acceptable to be limited to only a few boons and conditions.

However I hope they will do something since chrono is my favorite espec of them all and being tied to builds that are just funbuilds is ironical not fun at all.