VIP Lounges are not equal - flaw or feature? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

VIP Lounges are not equal - flaw or feature?

As the title suggest i would like to understand if the difference between the VIP Lounges are a problem to be corrected later or a feature intended by arena NET.

Is this a way to get income by making old VIP lounges obsolete? or are you invested in making them all equal in value but some problem prevents you?
If it's the first option i think an honest aproach would do better.
I am also interested in hearing the public opinion on the matter. Am i the only one bothered by this?

Thank you all for your time.
Best Regards,

Comments

  • Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They're not intended to be equal. No it doesn't bother me. I was far more bothered by owning multile salvomatics before shared slots came out than having an extra pass to a different place.

  • Akir.9312Akir.9312 Member ✭✭

    "They're not intended to be equal"
    you speak on behalf of arenanet?

  • Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Akir.9312 said:
    "They're not intended to be equal"
    you speak on behalf of arenanet?

    do you think Anet are going to respond?

  • Friday.7864Friday.7864 Member ✭✭✭

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Akir.9312 said:
    "They're not intended to be equal"
    you speak on behalf of arenanet?

    do you think Anet are going to respond?

    From a customer perspective that would be amazing, it would be a way of showing they care, make you feel appreciated, it wouldn't make you think twice if you want to spend money on the game; even if the answer was a simple "No".
    That being said, I expect nothing of the sort from them anymore.

  • Akir.9312Akir.9312 Member ✭✭

    @Friday.7864 said:

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Akir.9312 said:
    "They're not intended to be equal"
    you speak on behalf of arenanet?

    do you think Anet are going to respond?

    From a customer perspective that would be amazing, it would be a way of showing they care, make you feel appreciated, it wouldn't make you think twice if you want to spend money on the game; even if the answer was a simple "No".
    That being said, I expect nothing of the sort from them anymore.

    Agreed, and this is what we expect as costumers from every other brand, why should it be different this case? the lounges are not equal that's a fact. all i want to know is the company stand on this. And, as stated before, i would also like to know if this affects other people in the community.
    Thank you for your feedback so far

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yes, it's intended; they are not supposed to be equal.
    If you want to hear it from ArenaNet, watch the pertinent Guild Chat.

  • Akir.9312Akir.9312 Member ✭✭

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Yes, it's intended; they are not supposed to be equal.
    If you want to hear it from ArenaNet, watch the pertinent Guild Chat.

    What is this guild chat? and where can i watch it?

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Akir.9312 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Yes, it's intended; they are not supposed to be equal.
    If you want to hear it from ArenaNet, watch the pertinent Guild Chat.

    What is this guild chat? and where can i watch it?

    https://www.youtube.com/user/arenanetofficial

    You now just have to find the correct episode.

  • Akir.9312Akir.9312 Member ✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Akir.9312 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Yes, it's intended; they are not supposed to be equal.
    If you want to hear it from ArenaNet, watch the pertinent Guild Chat.

    What is this guild chat? and where can i watch it?

    https://www.youtube.com/user/arenanetofficial

    You now just have to find the correct episode.

    TYVM i will try to find it

  • they are not equal and that is a good thing. Armistice bastion has a lot of wvw specific stuff. The one in the mists fractal specific stuff. I usually do not need that stuff, so I am glad they are not clogging up Lava lounge - which is my fav.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2020

    Given the wiki on this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lounge

    It is rather obvious that the different lounge passes available are intended to cater to different activities in the game.

    Most offer similar basic services like crafting stations, merchants, trading post and Mystic Forge. While the "advanced" features can be summarized as:

    • instant access to HoT (Noble's Folly)
    • instant access to PoF (Lily of the Elon)
    • dedicated Spvp pass (Champion's Rest)
    • dedicated WvW pass (Armastice Bastion)
    • dedicated Fractal pass (Mistlock Sanctuary)

    with some thematic/story passes like the Royal Terrace, Havoc's Heir and Lava Lounge.

    Besides the guild chat mentioning the different pass variants, it seems highly unlikely that all of these passes are different by accident. Even less so given how many of them are targeting specific game activities while others were added during specific story related events.

  • Akir.9312Akir.9312 Member ✭✭

    @Cyninja.2954 said:
    Given the wiki on this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lounge

    It is rather obvious that the different lounge passes available are intended to cater to different activities in the game.

    Most offer similar basic services like crafting stations, merchants, trading post and Mystic Forge. While the "advanced" features can be summarized as:

    • instant access to HoT (Noble's Folly)
    • instant access to PoF (Lily of the Elon)
    • dedicated Spvp pass (Champion's Rest)
    • dedicated WvW pass (Armastice Bastion)
    • dedicated Fractal pass (Mistlock Sanctuary)

    with some thematic/story passes like the Royal Terrace, Havoc's Heir and Lava Lounge.

    Besides the guild chat mentioning the different pass variants, it seems highly unlikely that all of these passes are different by accident. Even less so given how many of them are targeting specific game activities while others were added during specific story related events.

    Thank you for your comment, personally i believe these:

    • instant access to HoT (Noble's Folly)
    • instant access to PoF (Lily of the Elon)
    • dedicated Spvp pass (Champion's Rest)
    • dedicated WvW pass (Armastice Bastion)
    • dedicated Fractal pass (Mistlock Sanctuary)

    should cost more then. but thank you for your answer. as it stands i consider my first question answered, and it doesnt seem to bother many people that for the same price you get very different things, i also believe the description of the pass should have all the perks of the lounge. if its's too much text just say something like cyninja did, one is pvp oriented, other wvw etc...

  • Akir.9312Akir.9312 Member ✭✭

    @Akir.9312 said:

    @Cyninja.2954 said:
    Given the wiki on this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lounge

    It is rather obvious that the different lounge passes available are intended to cater to different activities in the game.

    Most offer similar basic services like crafting stations, merchants, trading post and Mystic Forge. While the "advanced" features can be summarized as:

    • instant access to HoT (Noble's Folly)
    • instant access to PoF (Lily of the Elon)
    • dedicated Spvp pass (Champion's Rest)
    • dedicated WvW pass (Armastice Bastion)
    • dedicated Fractal pass (Mistlock Sanctuary)

    with some thematic/story passes like the Royal Terrace, Havoc's Heir and Lava Lounge.

    Besides the guild chat mentioning the different pass variants, it seems highly unlikely that all of these passes are different by accident. Even less so given how many of them are targeting specific game activities while others were added during specific story related events.

    Thank you for your comment, personally i believe these:

    • instant access to HoT (Noble's Folly)
    • instant access to PoF (Lily of the Elon)
    • dedicated Spvp pass (Champion's Rest)
    • dedicated WvW pass (Armastice Bastion)
    • dedicated Fractal pass (Mistlock Sanctuary)

    should cost more then. but thank you for your answer. as it stands i consider my first question answered, and it doesnt seem to bother many people that for the same price you get very different things, i also believe the description of the pass should have all the perks of the lounge. if its's too much text just say something like cyninja did, one is pvp oriented, other wvw etc...

    disregard the description comment, it alrteady has that. not sure if it had when i bought mine some years ago. but now it does and that's all that matters.