Questions about Linked Servers

Larin.1872

@Ekhetrima.9651 said:Thanks! I couldn't find that documented anywhere.

I don't think it was ever officially documented. There was a poll over a year ago regarding the linking schedule, and that's all I could find:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-6-June-World-Linking-Schedule-CLOSED/page/3 (look for Dev post)

"The poll has ended! After removing all votes for “Don’t Count My Vote” the final results are:38.1% Reevaluate match-ups monthly.28.9% Reevaluate match-ups quarterly.15.9% Reevaluate match-ups every other month.11.6% Reevaluate match-ups every 6 months.5.5% Reevaluate match-ups every 4 months.After analyzing the results we have decided to go with a 2 month world linking evaluation schedule because the majority of players voted for evaluations to be more frequent than quarterly but less frequent than monthly. Since we have decided to reevaluate every 2 months we will be reevaluating the current world links and making adjustments on the very last Friday of every even month starting this month on the 24th. Thank you to everyone who voted!"

I hope they reconsider that poll and change it to every month if they're going to make teams based off BG's population. As we've seen in hindsight now, making teams smaller than BG when the teams that are larger than BG still lose to BG and then having to deal with that for two months leaves those smaller teams open to the risk of players leaving to go to the larger teams.

@Chaba.5410 said:I hope they reconsider that poll and change it to every month if they're going to make teams based off BG's population. As we've seen in hindsight now, making teams smaller than BG when the teams that are larger than BG still lose to BG and then having to deal with that for two months leaves those smaller teams open to the risk of players leaving to go to the larger teams.

I'd like to have it changed to monthly as well. Not only for the reason you stated, but because it is no fun being stuck with a toxic link for two months.

Archived