So wheres the frequent balance changes patch? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

So wheres the frequent balance changes patch?

Mikhael.2391Mikhael.2391 Member ✭✭✭

Tweaks every month to try new balance should be a thing but nooo, god forbid that the flavour of the month (years) changes if only for one month.

Comments

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭

They are probably allocating the hackers and exploiters to different server linkings every 8 weeks for better balancing.

That would be quite frequent.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

Much like we will not get Alliances because to give us that would be to cut off the Gem sales from WvW Transfers, they have decided that Balance Patches come only with paid Xpacs. Expect the next balance patch around March 2021 with the Cantha Weeb Fanfic Asian Xpac.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

Maybe they forgot the 1 when they talked about 2 months .. could be 12 or 21 then .. or .. omg so much numbers could fit :(

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am sure Jormag froze every wvw update/work in progress. Uh, yes. Jormag did it. Yup.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Voltekka.2375 said:
    I am sure Jormag froze every wvw update/work in progress. Uh, yes. Jormag did it. Yup.

Let. Me. In.

• Mikhael.2391Mikhael.2391 Member ✭✭✭

We kid about this but they just ignore us and everyone keeps playing this. I try to play as litle as possible over the year only to check if anything is done every few months. Usually 3 to5 months and then only manage to play 2 to 4 weeks before everything is just unbearable.

With some luck NEW WORLD is going to be every bit of good as it is looking so far. Not having sub is already good enough to give it a try since 8years of giving this one they do not care.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

@acidic.4356 said:
    its in the same folder as alliances, in a subfolder named "to do"

This can be found in the Recycle Bin or Deleted Items.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@acidic.4356 said:

I think that's a sub-folder underneath the main folder "Laying the groundwork"

Maybe someone set them to hidden by accident?

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@acidic.4356 said:

I think that's a sub-folder underneath the main folder "Laying the groundwork"

Maybe someone set them to hidden by accident?

Possibly? It seems silly to think they would make the same mistake they made with the folder "Nerfs for Guardian", but who knows?

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Excursion.9752 said:

@acidic.4356 said:

This can be found in the Recycle Bin or Deleted Items.

Pssshhh.. We call it the ‘circular file’

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Redponey.8352Redponey.8352 Member ✭✭✭

@Mikhael.2391 said:
    Tweaks every month to try new balance should be a thing but nooo, god forbid that the flavour of the month (years) changes if only for one month.

404 error patch not found.

• ancafr.9274ancafr.9274 Member ✭✭

No idea I dont play PVP and WVW just for daily, in fact i'm not playing GW2 much xD.

'' Hey Moxxi you should be bright orange, because this body... is LEGENDARY!''. (Borderlands 2 Drunk)

• Zuko.7132Zuko.7132 Member ✭✭✭

@Valelutra.9128 said:
    Yeah we were really spoiled with communication for a couple months there. Kinda feeling like that kid who has a deadbeat parent that pops into their life for a little while and gives you a ton of attention only for them to up and disappear for months at a time with their new fling.

Oof. Hit the nail on the head. Gw2 has given so many poor children abandonment issues.

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

@Swagger.1459 said:
    I bet any day now! Just wait and see!

Its that yesterday would not work well so today we couldn't continue from yesterday but right now tomorrow we might be able to get back to yesterday.

Alliance Update #3

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Klypto.1703 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:
    I bet any day now! Just wait and see!

Its that yesterday would not work well so today we couldn't continue from yesterday but right now tomorrow we might be able to get back to yesterday.

Alliance Update #3

Well said! I completely agree!

I bet IF any any dev actually passes his eyes on this post they are laughing at us minions. Hopefully not for too long if NEW WORLD is going to be as good as i expect it.

• Stavros.8249Stavros.8249 Member ✭✭

We still have a long way to go, since they now preview balance patches 1 month ahead. If I remember correct they show the preview at 5th of February and the balance patch was at 25th.
    We now don't even have the preview announcement, so he have a long time to go..

@Mikhael.2391 said:
    I bet IF any any dev actually passes his eyes on this post they are laughing at us minions. Hopefully not for too long if NEW WORLD is going to be as good as i expect it.

Man I hope it is, but the video clips of the lag fest it is even with far lower numbers than it professes to support make me..... Not optimistic.

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Mikhael.2391 said:

Man I hope it is, but the video clips of the lag fest it is even with far lower numbers than it professes to support make me..... Not optimistic.

still seems much less lag than the 25FPS every time a zerg approaches on this sh... game. for years now and no matter what top gaming pc you have.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Mikhael.2391 said:

The threadbare skill bar is my greatest concern.. games engines can be optimized, but the continued "streamlining" of gameplay is a disappointing industry trend.

But yeah, what you said also valid.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Mikhael.2391 said:

The threadbare skill bar is my greatest concern.. games engines can be optimized, but the continued "streamlining" of gameplay is a disappointing industry trend.

But yeah, what you said also valid.

Soon we’ll see stick 🦯 and bow 🏹. One skill each.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mikhael.2391 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Mikhael.2391 said:

still seems much less lag than the 25FPS every time a zerg approaches on this sh... game. for years now and no matter what top gaming pc you have.

Thats still 10x the fps of New World animations when the stop motion zerg approach you looking like original Doom sprites.
    I'm just gonna laugh real hard if thats still in the release version, but I have a feeling we wont see that until in a year or so.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• SWI.4127SWI.4127 Member ✭✭✭

@Mikhael.2391 said:

Have you seen the gameplay footage? It looks incredibly slow-paced and clunky.

@SWI.4127 said:

@Mikhael.2391 said:

Play necro in gw2 and its the same. at least its balanced. It will come down to skill and best of all no stealth bull so far. ill def give it a go and see if it takes them 8 years to not resolve basic balance issues.

I dont think any other company will take this long to address balance properly or at least frequently.

• SWI.4127SWI.4127 Member ✭✭✭

@Mikhael.2391 said:

@SWI.4127 said:

@Mikhael.2391 said:

Play necro in gw2 and its the same. at least its balanced. It will come down to skill and best of all no stealth bull so far. ill def give it a go and see if it takes them 8 years to not resolve basic balance issues.

I dont think any other company will take this long to address balance properly or at least frequently.

Well it just looks very simple overall IMO. I definitely can't blame you for not wanting to play GW2 anymore though with the lack of attention they pay to WvW.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2020

Burn burst need to be toned down as well, its stacking atm is overperforming since it cames from sevferal aoe and traits, :\ when one one has 8 condi cleanse and they ment nothing :.
    And the lag when a group with perma quickness apear..... one cant even cleanse those instant 8k burn ticks.

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

@Aeolus.3615 said:
    Burn burst need to be toned down as well, its stacking atm is overperforming since it cames from sevferal aoe and traits, :\ when one one has 8 condi cleanse and they ment nothing :.
    And the lag when a group with perma quickness apear..... one cant even cleanse those instant 8k burn ticks.

I like red bl and watching people fight on fire shrines its just too kitten funny because they are using fire damage from the last time anet manually changed those npcs which is condi from like 3 or 4 years ago that can instantly kill you if you let it stay on you without resistance for 2-3 seconds.