Change Fiery Dragon Sword Model to Sohothin

I think changing FDS to new model is unfair for both those who don't own GW1 or like current model. But making it totally new skin obtainable as legendary is very good idea IMO. I mean, it would be also cool if this skin was left just as ancient artifact that no player can use but come on, this skin is too good to left this opportunity for making it into awesome reward!

Now thinking about it, maybe if new raid is where I'm expecting it to be, Sohothin is going to be one of the rewards there.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Where is the choice to not change the FDS and not sell the similar sword in the gemstore or make it craftable?

I'd preferred straight up no lets not be changing my HoM rewards that i still enjoy 5 years later. nor medium HoM armor rest i'm down for change lol daggers ok to i suppose bow decent rest aye i never cared much for the look of nothing all that amazing so to speak or even unique in some ways.

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:None of the above. Anyone who wants the FDS can get it pretty easily if they really want it anyway and Sohothin is a
UNIQUE
weapon in the game, there should only be one.

Just like The Shining Blade, right?

The Shining Blade is already a legendary and it was stupid to attach lore to it to begin with. They should never have done that. The same goes for Sohothin, a weapon with lore attached that already belongs to a character in the game, it makes no sense for there to be many of them.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:None of the above. Anyone who wants the FDS can get it pretty easily if they really want it anyway and Sohothin is a
UNIQUE

The Shining Blade is already a legendary and it was stupid to attach lore to it to begin with. They should never have done that. The same goes for Sohothin, a weapon with lore attached that already belongs to a character in the game, it makes no sense for there to be many of them.

What if Rytlock dies / gives Sohothin to the Commader? As we all play the same character (in lore) that would be enough of justification for making Sohothin available for players.

They should never change these models because its explained in lore that the fiery dragon sword is a look alike meant as a "badge of honour" crafted for soldiers and combat civilians who have done something of particular recommendation.There's no need to change the models to Sohothin because it would break lore, and make Sohothin less special.

So my vote is: don't fit anything, its fine as is

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

UNIQUE

What if Rytlock dies / gives Sohothin to the Commader? As we all play the same character (in lore) that would be enough of justification for making Sohothin available for players.I suppose they could retcon some lore like that for the Shining Blade though too eh? I dunno, I just think it's nice to have weapons in the game that are one of a kind.

Can we just get a Vampiric Dragon Sword instead? https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vampiric_Dragon_Sword

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

UNIQUE

Nearly every legendary weapon in the game has lore attach to it. Lore wise there aren't multiple copies of any legendary weapon. This is one of those situations where "suspense of disbelief" is applied over the importance of remaining true to the Lore. Hell we've even got people running around with multiple versions of Caladbolg which the lore makes very clear there is only one of, the only reason the versions exist is because of reforging it's pieces, but still there's only one Caladbolg that exists in the lore.

In fact, attaching lore to a legendary weapon actually adds to it's appeal to many. Some of the most sought after weapons in other MMOs are weapons that were originally important lore worthy artifacts wielded only by important NPCs, later made available to the players. These weapons have intrinsic value because of their lore. Is it unimmersive to see 5000 copies of a weapon that according to lore there is only 1 in existance? Of course it is, but it doesn't make it any less valuable or desirable to the player base.

When making important weapons of lore available to players, the best option is always to make it hard to obtain. A legendary weapon accomplishes just that.

Sohothin, as same as like Magdaer should become just earnable (through story) legendary swords, as as part of some kind of story related collection achievement after the swords have been destroyed and you bein tasked to find a way to repair them to claim this way the right to own them from that point on, due to Rytlock by then beign either died (hopefully), or having found an other weapon as replacement so that he has a reason to think of you becomign the rightful new wielder and owner of the sword as part of his regret that it was him who freed balthazar, and that it was the PC, who saved all from Balthazar with the help of these swords, thinking, in his view, that only true heroes should wield such legendary weapons, which can also control its powers and are basicalyl "chosen" by the weapon, to be their master.

Gettign back Magdaer could be part of the legendary tour to claim the right to be the wielder of Sohothin, cause Magdaer is the twin dragon sword of Sohothin and also still exists, as its still in the hands of the corpse from King Adelbern in his grave.

ANet has added also the "Shining Blade" as a legendary sword, which exists now in unendless copies, which was known also to exist only once basicalyl as the symbol of the shining blade of kryta.. we run around with tons of copies also now from Caladbolg, which was once known also to be unique... not now anymore.

So i see now issues with anet implementing Sohothin/magdaer in a story related way with some kind of special collection achievement stuff into the game as well as maybe some kind of earnable ingame reward for doing somethign special within maybe Living World Season 4 now that earns us as reward these sword(s)I also see now reason, why legendary weapons should be receiveable only through crafting, when Anet could also alternatively add them as earnable rewards that you just get for doing something epic in the game as part of a collection achievement, which earns you in regard of this then also a legendary weapon based title maybe like in this case for example of "Wielder of the Twin Dragonswords" or somethign more simple like Swordmaster of Sohothin/Magdaer

@Fjaeldmark.9043 said:Changing the model for the FDS screws over anyone who happens to like that model.Putting it on the gem store means it will be everywhere and it won't be special anymore.Making it a legendary or something similarly difficult to craft makes it obtainable but limits how much it gets around.

No thanks. We already have a legendary sword from HoT, and are missing a longbow, greatsword, focus, scepter, and dagger still.

I seem to recall Sohothin looking almost exactly like the Fiery Dragon Sword. I love the FDS and have used it on several characters for a long time, and I remember seeing Sohothin and thinking "Hey, Rytlock's got an FDS too!"

Anyone have any screenshots they could post for a side-by-side comparison? Every screenshot I find of Sohothin on Google Images looks identical to the Fiery Dragon Sword to me. What's the difference?

@drunkenpilot.9837 said:I seem to recall Sohothin looking almost exactly like the Fiery Dragon Sword. I love the FDS and have used it on several characters for a long time, and I remember seeing Sohothin and thinking "Hey, Rytlock's got an FDS too!"

Anyone have any screenshots they could post for a side-by-side comparison? Every screenshot I find of Sohothin on Google Images looks identical to the Fiery Dragon Sword to me. What's the difference?

I haven't seen it for myself yet, but from what I've heard Sohothin got an updated appearance with more detail and a better flame effect. It certainly would be nice if someone were to post a comparison shot though.

@drunkenpilot.9837 said:I seem to recall Sohothin looking almost exactly like the Fiery Dragon Sword. I love the FDS and have used it on several characters for a long time, and I remember seeing Sohothin and thinking "Hey, Rytlock's got an FDS too!"

. Rytlock already uses it, not only in PoF but all his models in old instances got update (this goes for personal story and all LW seasons)

Archived