EXOTIC Marauder Crafting Armor Set — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

EXOTIC Marauder Crafting Armor Set

Can we buy ALL the items we need from market to craft exotic marauder? if yes is there any suggested guide?

'' Hey Moxxi you should be bright orange, because this body... is LEGENDARY!''. (Borderlands 2 Drunk)

Comments

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2020

    You need the insignia recipe for karma, but the rest you can buy for coins, yes. Just look it up on the wiki.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    After you buy the insignia the recipes for the armour are all discoverable, you can read more at:

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marauder_Intricate_Gossamer_Insignia

    That page lists the requirements for all marauder armour pieces.

  • Playing wvw up to 2nd chest would get you warlords armor, stats selectable. Very easy to get off peak hours on out numbered maps

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Runic Armor is also stat selectable armor, not just a skin, so if you've been doing Strike Missions you likely have a few prophet shards kicking around.

  • ancafr.9274ancafr.9274 Member ✭✭

    @AliamRationem.5172 said:
    Don't forget you can get stat-selectable exotic armor for 1g + 500 airship parts from the Itzel vendor in Verdant Brink (requires Itzel Language mastery). The chest is the only piece you can't purchase from the vendor, but it has a chance to drop from Verdant Brink bosses at the end of the night cycle and if your map manages a T4 win you receive an armor box guaranteed.

    This is a cheap/easy way to get whatever stats you like on your armor without the expense of crafting!

    Oh thanks, I thought that armor were fixed stats good knowing that. I'll check this out later.

    '' Hey Moxxi you should be bright orange, because this body... is LEGENDARY!''. (Borderlands 2 Drunk)

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2020

    @ancafr.9274 said:

    @AliamRationem.5172 said:
    Don't forget you can get stat-selectable exotic armor for 1g + 500 airship parts from the Itzel vendor in Verdant Brink (requires Itzel Language mastery). The chest is the only piece you can't purchase from the vendor, but it has a chance to drop from Verdant Brink bosses at the end of the night cycle and if your map manages a T4 win you receive an armor box guaranteed.

    This is a cheap/easy way to get whatever stats you like on your armor without the expense of crafting!

    Oh thanks, I thought that armor were fixed stats good knowing that. I'll check this out later.

    ANET made a change about 1 year ago that stat selectable gear now gives you the option of all available stat combinations. Elite Specialization collections are an exception though - still restricted to just 3 available combinations.

  • AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ancafr.9274 said:

    @AliamRationem.5172 said:
    Don't forget you can get stat-selectable exotic armor for 1g + 500 airship parts from the Itzel vendor in Verdant Brink (requires Itzel Language mastery). The chest is the only piece you can't purchase from the vendor, but it has a chance to drop from Verdant Brink bosses at the end of the night cycle and if your map manages a T4 win you receive an armor box guaranteed.

    This is a cheap/easy way to get whatever stats you like on your armor without the expense of crafting!

    Oh thanks, I thought that armor were fixed stats good knowing that. I'll check this out later.

    I believe the bladed armor used to have a very limited stat selection, but I checked and it lets you choose from the full list of stats.

  • Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2020

    You can also get some stat-selectable Exotic weapons off the TP as of the last few Living World updates. Just search the Trading Post for Iron Legion, I think Sword, Greatsword, Pistol and Rifle and Staff are available.

    They're expensive but for some stats they might be cheaper than crafting (like with Trailblazer).

    You can also stat-select on all Rare Bandit and Ogre weapons that don't have any stats listed.

    Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay (NA) | ♀♥♀
    Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Alisha Kei/Druid(PvE), Terakura/Spellbreaker & Kitty Koume/Reaper(WvW)
    The fun part of being a link server is tagging up and hearing "who are you?"

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Hannelore.8153 said:
    You can also get some stat-selectable Exotic weapons off the TP as of the last few Living World updates. Just search the Trading Post for Iron Legion, I think Sword, Greatsword, Pistol and Rifle and Staff are available.

    Some holiday rewards are stat selectable as well. The Haunted Weapons from the Mad King's Gift chests are all stat selectable. Being a hoarder pays off when you wake up needing a dagger with Minstrel stats :lol:

  • Vrath.1754Vrath.1754 Member ✭✭✭

    @AliamRationem.5172 said:
    Don't forget you can get stat-selectable exotic armor for 1g + 500 airship parts from the Itzel vendor in Verdant Brink (requires Itzel Language mastery). The chest is the only piece you can't purchase from the vendor, but it has a chance to drop from Verdant Brink bosses at the end of the night cycle and if your map manages a T4 win you receive an armor box guaranteed.

    This is a cheap/easy way to get whatever stats you like on your armor without the expense of crafting!

    This is what I do as well when I want to try new specs. Plus I like VB so the air ship parts seem to be easy to come by. Well I should qualify that if it's not berserker or something cheap to craft.

  • ancafr.9274ancafr.9274 Member ✭✭

    @AliamRationem.5172 said:
    Don't forget you can get stat-selectable exotic armor for 1g + 500 airship parts from the Itzel vendor in Verdant Brink (requires Itzel Language mastery).

    You mean this http://www.imagebam.com/image/5349421348078155? it seems to be rare and not exotic...

    '' Hey Moxxi you should be bright orange, because this body... is LEGENDARY!''. (Borderlands 2 Drunk)

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ancafr.9274 said:

    @AliamRationem.5172 said:
    Don't forget you can get stat-selectable exotic armor for 1g + 500 airship parts from the Itzel vendor in Verdant Brink (requires Itzel Language mastery).

    You mean this http://www.imagebam.com/image/5349421348078155? it seems to be rare and not exotic...

    That is just the container

  • ancafr.9274ancafr.9274 Member ✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020

    @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @ancafr.9274 said:

    @AliamRationem.5172 said:
    Don't forget you can get stat-selectable exotic armor for 1g + 500 airship parts from the Itzel vendor in Verdant Brink (requires Itzel Language mastery).

    You mean this http://www.imagebam.com/image/5349421348078155? it seems to be rare and not exotic...

    That is just the container

    I see thank you, anyone know where can i find the trinkets, market?

    '' Hey Moxxi you should be bright orange, because this body... is LEGENDARY!''. (Borderlands 2 Drunk)

  • Orack.9756Orack.9756 Member ✭✭

    Ascended trinket are faster and cheaper to get than Exo TBH with S3.
    Exo Armor can be buy at Itzel seller on the HoT's 1st map (the body part need you to do a 200% participation on the night event (easy))
    So, just weapon requiert craft, and, you can just pick some assa/zerk and save mat/money to get full ascended faster (that what I did and went full ascended very fast, way more easy than I though).

  • ancafr.9274ancafr.9274 Member ✭✭

    @Orack.9756 said:
    Ascended trinket are faster and cheaper to get than Exo TBH with S3.
    So, just weapon requiert craft, and, you can just pick some assa/zerk and save mat/money to get full ascended faster (that what I did and went full ascended very fast, way more easy than I though).

    If ascend gears were ''that easy'' me and many other players would be full ascend already, the only ascends i have are only trinkets(bought from vendor w/ laureus and 2-3 earned from wvw). I spent around 300G on craft ascend for nothing, just wasted the cash and so far 0, nada, nothing crafted. Seriously this game craft system and end gear(ascend/legendary) are kinda outdated, in my opinion they should make it easier specially for new players.

    The world has changed they need to update the craft system asap, AT LEAST adding new items on crafting. There are a lot of items to craft legend/ascend the players don't need/use who could be sold to help other player to craft his item or help them to make gold selling what they dont need.

    '' Hey Moxxi you should be bright orange, because this body... is LEGENDARY!''. (Borderlands 2 Drunk)

  • Orack.9756Orack.9756 Member ✭✭
    edited July 1, 2020

    @ancafr.9274 said:

    @Orack.9756 said:
    Ascended trinket are faster and cheaper to get than Exo TBH with S3.
    So, just weapon requiert craft, and, you can just pick some assa/zerk and save mat/money to get full ascended faster (that what I did and went full ascended very fast, way more easy than I though).

    If ascend gears were ''that easy'' me and many other players would be full ascend already, the only ascends i have are only trinkets(bought from vendor w/ laureus and 2-3 earned from wvw). I spent around 300G on craft ascend for nothing, just wasted the cash and so far 0, nada, nothing crafted. Seriously this game craft system and end gear(ascend/legendary) are kinda outdated, in my opinion they should make it easier specially for new players.

    The world has changed they need to update the craft system asap, AT LEAST adding new items on crafting. There are a lot of items to craft legend/ascend the players don't need/use who could be sold to help other player to craft his item or help them to make gold selling what they dont need.

    Read better what I write.
    I've specifically speak about trinket : bag + 2 ring + 2 earring + 1 necklace.
    Those, are VERY easy and fast to get, especially with multiple char (but not required)
    All S3 map give you access to special map currency and seller from the map have some of these trinket.

    I've NEVER speak about FULL ascended, I've said, you can have the good exo stat for armor easily with the 1st map of HoT.

    Weapon are a bit more tricky but you can get them by reforging cadalbog (start at the end of the HoT MQ with a mail)
    And if you're lucky Teqalt can drop some too (rare drop, very rng)

    That said, for craft I agree it's a mess, I played since 1 month with a friend and took you a bit to be motivate enough to start learning about craft.
    But once you start to read guide, and there are a lot of them if you're not lazy, then you saw that it's just boring but not hard.
    With 300G you should be full ascended, if you don't have look on internet or ask other player before making mistake, it's on you.

    Take your time, find guide, ask people and everything is going to be fine.

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2020

    @ancafr.9274 said:
    Can we buy ALL the items we need from market to craft exotic marauder? if yes is there any suggested guide?

    pretty much crafting exotic is no way worth it since the old days, as the armor pieces arent transferable amongst toons, all you can do when you move onto ascended gears is to salvage it to get a few silver back

    Anet had made it even more clear that it's not really worth craft exotics with warlord's armor from pvp and wvw pips, which is super easy to get

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ancafr.9274 said:

    @Orack.9756 said:
    Ascended trinket are faster and cheaper to get than Exo TBH with S3.
    So, just weapon requiert craft, and, you can just pick some assa/zerk and save mat/money to get full ascended faster (that what I did and went full ascended very fast, way more easy than I though).

    If ascend gears were ''that easy'' me and many other players would be full ascend already, the only ascends i have are only trinkets(bought from vendor w/ laureus and 2-3 earned from wvw). I spent around 300G on craft ascend for nothing, just wasted the cash and so far 0, nada, nothing crafted. Seriously this game craft system and end gear(ascend/legendary) are kinda outdated, in my opinion they should make it easier specially for new players.

    The world has changed they need to update the craft system asap, AT LEAST adding new items on crafting. There are a lot of items to craft legend/ascend the players don't need/use who could be sold to help other player to craft his item or help them to make gold selling what they dont need.

    If you spent 300g on asc crafting and got nothing, the mistake lies with you for bad management. Craft guides are there, you can ask guildies, you can ask in LA and people will still help you

  • ancafr.9274ancafr.9274 Member ✭✭
    edited July 3, 2020

    Thanks for the feedbacks but I already decided stay on Exo and since I dont do fracs they are more than enough for PVE content. While ascend take around 100G ONE piece, you get full exotic including trinkets with 100G.

    @Orack.9756 said:

    @ancafr.9274 said:

    @Orack.9756 said:
    Ascended trinket are faster and cheaper to get than Exo TBH with S3.
    So, just weapon requiert craft, and, you can just pick some assa/zerk and save mat/money to get full ascended faster (that what I did and went full ascended very fast, way more easy than I though).

    If ascend gears were ''that easy'' me and many other players would be full ascend already, the only ascends i have are only trinkets(bought from vendor w/ laureus and 2-3 earned from wvw). I spent around 300G on craft ascend for nothing, just wasted the cash and so far 0, nada, nothing crafted. Seriously this game craft system and end gear(ascend/legendary) are kinda outdated, in my opinion they should make it easier specially for new players.

    The world has changed they need to update the craft system asap, AT LEAST adding new items on crafting. There are a lot of items to craft legend/ascend the players don't need/use who could be sold to help other player to craft his item or help them to make gold selling what they dont need.

    Read better what I write.
    I've specifically speak about trinket : bag + 2 ring + 2 earring + 1 necklace.
    Those, are VERY easy and fast to get, especially with multiple char (but not required)
    All S3 map give you access to special map currency and seller from the map have some of these trinket.

    I've NEVER speak about FULL ascended, I've said, you can have the good exo stat for armor easily with the 1st map of HoT.

    Weapon are a bit more tricky but you can get them by reforging cadalbog (start at the end of the HoT MQ with a mail)
    And if you're lucky Teqalt can drop some too (rare drop, very rng)

    That said, for craft I agree it's a mess, I played since 1 month with a friend and took you a bit to be motivate enough to start learning about craft.
    But once you start to read guide, and there are a lot of them if you're not lazy, then you saw that it's just boring but not hard.
    With 300G you should be full ascended, if you don't have look on internet or ask other player before making mistake, it's on you.

    Take your time, find guide, ask people and everything is going to be fine.

    I never said you said that ''ascend are easy'', I just said that if ascend were that easy then lot of players would be full ascend already, you misunderstod thats all and moreover what is ''easy'' for you may not be easy for the others capice?. There are people who says that getting griffon is ''easy'' and take only 2-3 days to finish and scale is also easy and take only 4 days to finish :).

    '' Hey Moxxi you should be bright orange, because this body... is LEGENDARY!''. (Borderlands 2 Drunk)

  • Orack.9756Orack.9756 Member ✭✭
    edited July 4, 2020

    @ancafr.9274 said:
    Thanks for the feedbacks but I already decided stay on Exo and since I dont do fracs they are more than enough for PVE content. While ascend take around 100G ONE piece, you get full exotic including trinkets with 100G.

    @Orack.9756 said:

    @ancafr.9274 said:

    @Orack.9756 said:
    Ascended trinket are faster and cheaper to get than Exo TBH with S3.
    So, just weapon requiert craft, and, you can just pick some assa/zerk and save mat/money to get full ascended faster (that what I did and went full ascended very fast, way more easy than I though).

    If ascend gears were ''that easy'' me and many other players would be full ascend already, the only ascends i have are only trinkets(bought from vendor w/ laureus and 2-3 earned from wvw). I spent around 300G on craft ascend for nothing, just wasted the cash and so far 0, nada, nothing crafted. Seriously this game craft system and end gear(ascend/legendary) are kinda outdated, in my opinion they should make it easier specially for new players.

    The world has changed they need to update the craft system asap, AT LEAST adding new items on crafting. There are a lot of items to craft legend/ascend the players don't need/use who could be sold to help other player to craft his item or help them to make gold selling what they dont need.

    Read better what I write.
    I've specifically speak about trinket : bag + 2 ring + 2 earring + 1 necklace.
    Those, are VERY easy and fast to get, especially with multiple char (but not required)
    All S3 map give you access to special map currency and seller from the map have some of these trinket.

    I've NEVER speak about FULL ascended, I've said, you can have the good exo stat for armor easily with the 1st map of HoT.

    Weapon are a bit more tricky but you can get them by reforging cadalbog (start at the end of the HoT MQ with a mail)
    And if you're lucky Teqalt can drop some too (rare drop, very rng)

    That said, for craft I agree it's a mess, I played since 1 month with a friend and took you a bit to be motivate enough to start learning about craft.
    But once you start to read guide, and there are a lot of them if you're not lazy, then you saw that it's just boring but not hard.
    With 300G you should be full ascended, if you don't have look on internet or ask other player before making mistake, it's on you.

    Take your time, find guide, ask people and everything is going to be fine.

    I never said you said that ''ascend are easy'', I just said that if ascend were that easy then lot of players would be full ascend already, you misunderstod thats all and moreover what is ''easy'' for you may not be easy for the others capice?. There are people who says that getting griffon is ''easy'' and take only 2-3 days to finish and scale is also easy and take only 4 days to finish :).

    Fair haha ^^
    But, like I said, if you've LS3, you'll see by yourself that actually it's not an exgeration to say trinket are really easy to get ^^
    A bit boring cuz you've to take of your playtime to do 1 farm-run/map each day (if you wanna optimize, less if not) and you'll need nothing than map currency and you'll be able to select stat of your choice with these trinket.

    For weapon, you should look at this : https://ign.com/wikis/guild-wars-2/Knight_of_the_Thorn_(achievement)
    You can have an ascended weapon for free.

    You can also do Tequalt once a day to try to get the box of ascended weapon (you can change the stat with crafting so doesn't matter if this arent the good one ^^)
    It's very RNG so, do it for the drop and gold, and if you get the box, get happy, if not don't be sad ^^
    I've got my 1st one after 1 month of doing it and my friend already got 3 (this lucky kitten xD)

    Armor is the tricky part really, you've to make gold 1st, and grab some material to make it cheaper.
    And sue this site to level up the profession you need : https://gw2crafts.net/fr/

    My friend was like you, like "I don't need it, exo is fine, blabla" but it just cuz he was lost and looked boring and to long for a small increase.
    Like I said to him, I'll told you, don't see it as a "incredibly needed item I've to rush for", just play, do your daily farm routine with people you've fun to play and you'll get it far sooner than you expect.
    And that what happen, after speaking about it, looking for help on forum, youtube and in game about the best way to farm ascended, it took us around 1 week of casual play (we play from 21h00 to 00h00 usualy) to get all.

    Organisation and not doing it alone is the key to not get bored and get it easier ^^
    I know these day many people in mmorpg are used to get all fast and easy with close to no effort, but that not the purpose of mmorpg, and even with that, gw2 is still incredibly easy and casual friendly, don't push yourself, just find a fun way to do it and get it little by little, the gear cap wont move anyway, so nothing to rush ^^

    Have fun ^^