Condi soulbeast and druid

Waromker.5081

Hello everyone,I'm interesting in a some build for the ranger in open world and fractals. Yes i know that the power soul beast in fractal is much more better, but for a some month it starts a little boring . Is there any chance to go there in another build?What about druid in open world? I saw that some people play with it, and i saw there some builds and recommended gear so I'm interesting how they make damage, i mean its tanky and mobs die of an old age, or it has some dps?

In my opinion Druid isn't good on Open World solo. I mean mostly what you get is just healing and it's not even "good" healing, at least to your self. At the moment I run around with my Druid and mostly because it gives +33% more running speed, but I'm using bow as ranger. I think base ranger is alot better in Open World than Druid. Druids staff base attack what is allmost only attack Druid has, does 3 times less damage than longbows base attack. So basicly allmost only damage you as Druid do is trough your pet. To play solo you need damage to kill the enemy, druid doesn't have damage.

@Waromker.5081 said:Hello everyone,I'm interesting in a some build for the ranger in open world and fractals. Yes i know that the power soul beast in fractal is much more better, but for a some month it starts a little boring . Is there any chance to go there in another build?What about druid in open world? I saw that some people play with it, and i saw there some builds and recommended gear so I'm interesting how they make damage, i mean its tanky and mobs die of an old age, or it has some dps?

Unfortunately right now druid is a subpar option for all environments except raids. It can work but at a loss of kill speed and survivability. The reduced pet stats make it so your pet either dies quickly or is completely ignored by mobs and as your personal sustain goes up, your damage goes down. Druid as lacks what the other two are able to take advantage of, which is a lot of damage modifiers. I'd recommend if you choose to go this route to make it a condi druid (which again soulbeast does better).

Both are great for open worldThings like that : druid and soulbeast

Soulbeast is higher dps.But honestly I prefer druid because of Natural Strike and Ancient seeds traits and because your pet can take aggro a bit. Plus Skirmishing and Wilderness Survival are already overperfmoing in Open World : 2 traps + entangle + #5 torch + #2 Axe = every elites are dead in the 10secondes. I don't need more. Druid is just the movement speed and some sustain.

For fractals :

! Power.

I have been playing a power ranger for few months. I got bored of the power soulbeast after a while and was wondering the same thing. I decided against a Druid (for reasons posted above). Then last week I tried a condi soulbeast build (check metabattle.com) and I am absolutely loving it. Condi SB has much better AoE potential (offhand dagger and traps) and survivability. Also the shortbow is meta so you get to be ranged again (I really missed the longbow with power SB). There are several ranger traits that are perfectly suited for this build. It also feels very sinister to just stack a bunch of conditions on mobs and then casually move away while they slowly suffer and die . In endgame its important to focus on dodges and evades and i feel with a condi soulbeast you can do that taking comfort in the fact that your conditions will be doing the dirty work for you. Also this dude has a bunch of traps. I can keep rambling but I think you get the point. I would say just buy a decent shortbow/dagger/torch and try out the build in open world for a while.