enchantment collapse needs a cooldown

jamesdolla.3954

It's broken ripping all boons on inc in zerg fights because it has no cooldown. There's noway i should step into an enemy winds and insta lose all my boons. It's broken and needs at least 1 second icd.

@Pax.3548 said:Well, that was the point with SB no? stopping the boons abuse. So no, I think its fine, stop relying on boons if its necessary. But taking away the boons removal will strip the spec of its main purpose.

I'm talking about zerg fights. how can you melee with 0 boons? Not possible m8 unless you wanna sit in the back and pirateship

@jamesdolla.3954 said:It's broken ripping all boons on inc in zerg fights because it has no cooldown. There's noway i should step into an enemy winds and insta lose all my boons. It's broken and needs at least 1 second icd.

@Pax.3548 said:Well, that was the point with SB no? stopping the boons abuse. So no, I think its fine, stop relying on boons if its necessary. But taking away the boons removal will strip the spec of its main purpose.

I'm talking about zerg fights. how can you melee with 0 boons? Not possible m8 unless you wanna sit in the back and pirateship

Focus the spellbreakers then, they will need to get close in order to do their job, that mean get into de danger zone, spike them and corrupt their boons, or have your own SB do the same to the other zerg.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Don't step inside of it.

/end of thread.

Instead of fixing a broken trait we should not step into the god knows how many bubbles (hard to tell which one is yours and the enemies) great solution! ty

@Pax.3548 said:

@jamesdolla.3954 said:It's broken ripping all boons on inc in zerg fights because it has no cooldown. There's noway i should step into an enemy winds and insta lose all my boons. It's broken and needs at least 1 second icd.

Focus the spellbreakers then, they will need to get close in order to do their job, that mean get into de danger zone, spike them and corrupt their boons, or have your own SB do the same to the other zerg.

Get into the danger zone means having no boons and getting cc'd and spiked down. How about just nerf the broken trait that rips god knows how many boons when it chains off you and your allies.

@jamesdolla.3954 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Don't step inside of it.

/end of thread.

Instead of fixing a broken trait we should not step into the god knows how many bubbles (hard to tell which one is yours and the enemies) great solution! ty

@Pax.3548 said:

Get into the danger zone means having no boons and getting cc'd and spiked down. How about just nerf the broken trait that rips god knows how many boons when it chains off you and your allies.

You're making it look almighty when its not, it has a 8 sec cd, it is enough to spike him while on a bloody zerg, more than that it will come closer to a l2p issue.

The delusion in this thread is astounding.

The trait's interaction with Winds of Disenchantment is beyond broken. To give you an example. If one player stands inside the dome, then players outside of it will be boon stripped too. If the bubble is dropped on top of 2-3 players, then the group around them can suddenly find themselves with no boons - even whilst not standing in the bubble - simply because of how quickly and how often the trait procs.

Focus the spellbreaker you say? Yeah good luck with that with two endure pains (not reduced duration like in PvP), very high resistance uptime, very high access to stability - in addition to high number of evades and mobility making focusing the player moving towards you to drop the bubble extremely difficult. You also cannot chain cc the guy due the the 3/4 second ICD on stability stacks removal. Additionally, all the key survival boons applied to the warrior pulse, making corruption very difficult. Ergo, this is not the solution, especially in smaller groups where warriors can negate significant amounts of the group's damage for long periods of time.

This trait is brokenly overpowered. Every high level player in WvW understands and agrees with this, in a similar way to how strong scourge has been since PoF release, and it astounds me that people attempt to justify the current state of spellbreaker and the incredibly boring gameplay it brings along with it.

A small ICD is reasonable. I seriously doubt the intent was to create a boon rip bomb.

A 1-2s ICD should do the trick. The elite will be untouched, and the trait will still be extremely strong (unaffected in small scale, and still punishing at large scale to puerile who stand in the bubble).

@Choppy.4183 said:A small ICD is reasonable. I seriously doubt the intent was to create a boon rip bomb.

A 1-2s ICD should do the trick. The elite will be untouched, and the trait will still be extremely strong (unaffected in small scale, and still punishing at large scale to puerile who stand in the bubble).

I'd rather see a 1s than a 2s, you can't chain your CCs otherwise...TBH I'd rather see if it had an ICD that it get a 3/4s one, that'd still screw up my CC chain though.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@Choppy.4183 said:A small ICD is reasonable. I seriously doubt the intent was to create a boon rip bomb.

I'd rather see a 1s than a 2s, you can't chain your CCs otherwise...TBH I'd rather see if it had an ICD that it get a 3/4s one, that'd still screw up my CC chain though.

I'm not fussy either way. Providing enough time for people to get out of a bubble was my thinking.

But even a 1/2s ICD would stop the chain reaction so that Winds+Collapse could strip a max of two boons per person per pulse, which is still extremely strong.

Really? From the name of the trait, that's sort of what it implies, no? A collapse starting at a few players and rippling throughout a zerg. Not speaking to the balance with this post, but the fact that it has no ICD with "collapse" in the name makes me think they wanted it to work that way.

Really? From the name of the trait, that's sort of what it implies, no? A collapse starting at a few players and rippling throughout a zerg. Not speaking to the balance with this post, but the fact that it has no ICD with "collapse" in the name makes me think they wanted it to work that way.

@Choppy.4183 said:I seriously doubt the intent was to create a boon rip bomb.

@SWI.4127 said:

Really. Just based on how they changed Gunflame when they realized it was chain reacting after launch, that they tend to limit aoe impact, and that boon ripping is normally limited to 1-3 per instance, I don't think what's possible was intended.

Especially considering how much of an afterthought wvw seems to be in balance decisions, and that this particular issue is only a problem for zerging.

I'd bet they'll add an ICD in the next balance patch.

@AngelsShadow.7360 said:The delusion in this thread is astounding.

The trait's interaction with Winds of Disenchantment is beyond broken. To give you an example. If one player stands inside the dome, then players outside of it will be boon stripped too. If the bubble is dropped on top of 2-3 players, then the group around them can suddenly find themselves with no boons - even whilst not standing in the bubble - simply because of how quickly and how often the trait procs.

Focus the spellbreaker you say? Yeah good luck with that with two endure pains (not reduced duration like in PvP), very high resistance uptime, very high access to stability - in addition to high number of evades and mobility making focusing the player moving towards you to drop the bubble extremely difficult. You also cannot chain cc the guy due the the 3/4 second ICD on stability stacks removal. Additionally, all the key survival boons applied to the warrior pulse, making corruption very difficult. Ergo, this is not the solution, especially in smaller groups where warriors can negate significant amounts of the group's damage for long periods of time.

This trait is brokenly overpowered. Every high level player in WvW understands and agrees with this, in a similar way to how strong scourge has been since PoF release, and it astounds me that people attempt to justify the current state of spellbreaker and the incredibly boring gameplay it brings along with it.

Couldn't have said it better. a 1 icd to this trait would fix this issue ez

@Choppy.4183 said:

@SWI.4127 said:

Really. Just based on how they changed Gunflame when they realized it was chain reacting after launch, that they tend to limit aoe impact, and that boon ripping is normally limited to 1-3 per instance, I don't think what's possible was intended.

Especially considering how much of an afterthought wvw seems to be in balance decisions, and that this particular issue is only a problem for zerging.

I'd bet they'll add an ICD in the next balance patch.

You're right that WvW balance is usually an afterthought, but it's clear Spellbreaker was a spec designed for WvW and PvP. Look at WoD - I don't think there has ever been a skill that was so obviously designed for WvW. So I think it's one of the rare cases where they did actually have WvW in mind when making the class. IMO it's much more likely that they didn't realize how strong it would be to have a rippling boon-strip like that rather than them not intending for it to work that way.

I love it when people scream for a nerf, simply because they lack the skill to fight against it. The whole SB spec is build around boon removal. It would be like asking a nerf for stealth thiefs. SB's are easily killed with a little bit of skill. Sorry it's inpossible for you, but that only means you need to find your own ways to work around it. Honestly...FC was already nerfed, but sure, let's remove the boon removal aswell. Make sure SB's are free loot bags, simply because the skill to defeat them isn't there.

Archived