Farming toon that can survive and run

zethra.8491

Hey all,I’m trying to make a toon, using Lvl 80 boost for “ Mats farming “.Need it to Take damage / Survive and Escape / Run from mobs while I’m gathering Nodes..It doesn’t need to fight, just pick Mats and run, ie- dodging/ Evading/ Self Heals etc..

What’d you advice for such profession ?Thanks in advance !

Warrior or daredevil.

Warrior can eat a lot of damage, has good movement skills with greatsword and sword + warhorn, good access to condi clear, and has decent movement speed.

Daredevil can basically stay in stealth while moving around very quickly.

Pretty much any class can do what you are describing though, with the right armor and build.

Daredevil is kinda your only choice, others arent even worth it. You can stealth, you can dash and port all over the place, evade as much as you want. Sure you can take defensive gear and traits on every class, but they are nowhere as effective as daredevil when it comes to avoiding and escaping from combat.

Hmm, consider mesmer too.. especially because of self quickness that helps gathering those mats faster and incredible mobility, stealth and survivability.Firebrand is also very good because of quickness and aegis spam which helps sometimes to not get aggroed and mount up fast to run away. Doesn't have stealth or mobility, but with mounts it's not much needed either imo.

I tend to use all professions when I farm mat, it's more efficient to farm a few spot with a lot of characters than a lot of spots with 1 character. Thief can avoid a few fights but some tend to be unavoidable, all professions have their pro and cons for this task.

Guardian. Aegis, DH f3, sceptre block.and highest burst u can lay traps and while u gather stuff dies for instant remount ooc.

Thief is good too with shortbow f5 but honestly for chests and mats guardian+skyscale.

For zerging guardian is great too as firebrand and for raids fractal wvw it's hard meta.

I use my Soulbeast Ranger and my flamethrower Scrapper for all of my farming...I always get what I want and I never die. That said, I am currently using my Deadeye Thief as D/D so that I can practice those skills with her...she's does great, too, but I usually avoid champs and such because laziness. Once I get gud at switching back and forth between P/P and D/D, I'm going to make a new Deadeye Thief and permanently switch her over to Daredevil. Can't wait to use her for farming! Whatever character you decide on, make sure you always have a stack of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ash_Legion_Spy_Kit on them as they come in handy, from time to time.

Not as good as daredevil, but scrapper is also pretty good at this task.

Can go in long duration stealth with the sneak gyro and can take enormous punishment with the barrier generation and a hammer.Also alot of projectile protection which you can use while harvesting nodes/opening caches.