Besides the story, what am I missing if I don't get the LW packages?

rsiloliveira.6429

I played a long time ago in HoT for a month or two, but never really invested much in the game. Now I'm bored at quarentine and want to give it a go again.I will buy PoF but I'm reading a lot of mixed comments about the LW parts that you need to buy with gems.My question is, if I don't care much about the story, what else am I missing if I don't get the other LWs?(I only have the 4th unlocked)

Do I miss stuff like gear, mounts, achievements, skins and other cosmetic related things?

I'm from Brasil and the currency exchange makes everything quite expensive for me, so I would love to know beforehand where to put my money.Any help is appreciated :)

• Story
  • Maps (6 in ls3 and 6 in ls4)
  • Some ascended (la3 has a few ascended trinkets and backpacks)
  • Season related skins
  • Season exclusive legendary trinket (Ls3 and ls4)
  • Beetle mount (ls4 ep3)
  • Skyscale mount (ls4)

I’ve included ls4 stuff anyway even if you have it just as an overview. LS2 is mostly skins as I think you can access the maps regardless

The ls3 maps are quite varied and fun

Besides the above, the LS maps contain faucets of mats via nodes and loot and vendor exchange. They also count to their region's dailies so if you have the portal tomes you can knock out many dailies in under five minutes for a set of three, depending on that day's set.

The maps also tend to have metas of varying degrees of fun, though now that the dailies rotate through the maps you probably won't be able to do whichever one you feel like but will want to focus on that day's map in order to get enough other players to successfully complete the meta.

And of course there are a ton of achievement points to be gained as well as unique skins rewarded for doing enough of a map's achieves, plus mastery points that count to that expansion's masteries. In fact there are also some handy masteries, eg Ancient Magics which includes a fifth downed state skill that knocks everything down around you and can make the difference between rally and defeat.

@Randulf.7614 said:

• Maps (6 in ls3 and 6 in ls4)
  • Some ascended (la3 has a few ascended trinkets and backpacks)
  • Season related skins
  • Season exclusive legendary trinket (Ls3 and ls4)
  • Beetle mount (ls4 ep3)
  • Skyscale mount (ls4)

These are the most important mentions: Exclusive armor and weapons sets, tons of ascended trinkets (one type that can even swap stats), the Roller Beetle and the Skyscale mounts. I am not into the legendary trinkets due to their annoying effect presence, but many love collecting those.