Player Character in Cutscenes — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Player Character in Cutscenes

Is there a reason our player character is almost never featured in cutscenes? It seems to be possible since they’re were in one with Aurene, but I can’t recall another occasion when they were in one. It kind of brings you out of the game (though not in a way that spoils my enjoyment) when you were standing right next to someone and then you suddenly poof away during a cutscene.

Best Answer

Answers

• Poormany.4507Poormany.4507 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2020

It's much easier to make/program in pre-recorded cutscenes than individualized ones (like the Joko/Aurene one) and, as you said, it doesn't really spoil player enjoyment so it's often just not worth the extra effort doing.

• @Poormany.4507 said:
    It's much easier to make/program in pre-recorded cutscenes than individualized ones (like the Joko/Aurene one) and, as you said, it doesn't really spoil player enjoymenet so it's often just not worth the extra effort doing.

I guess so, but back when the cut in conversations were a thing they did animate your character talking and moving during those (though I would assume that’s easier to do than a full on cutscene)

• After killing zhaitan, at festivities cuts ene, the destinys edge group walks towards camera with the pc amongst them too.

• @Pepperball.5479 said:
    After killing zhaitan, at festivities cuts ene, the destinys edge group walks towards camera with the pc amongst them too.

I just wish stuff like that happened more often