Player Character in Cutscenes

Is there a reason our player character is almost never featured in cutscenes? It seems to be possible since they’re were in one with Aurene, but I can’t recall another occasion when they were in one. It kind of brings you out of the game (though not in a way that spoils my enjoyment) when you were standing right next to someone and then you suddenly poof away during a cutscene.

@Poormany.4507 said:It's much easier to make/program in pre-recorded cutscenes than individualized ones (like the Joko/Aurene one) and, as you said, it doesn't really spoil player enjoymenet so it's often just not worth the extra effort doing.

I guess so, but back when the cut in conversations were a thing they did animate your character talking and moving during those (though I would assume that’s easier to do than a full on cutscene)

I think its because these cutscenes where your character doesn't appear are in fact video clips for quality sake, and the ones like the Joko/Aurene cutscenes are still using the ingame models.

There is a noticeable quality gap between these two types of cutscenes, specially with character's movement, but I do agree that its better to show your characters as this game has a lot of immersion and its weird not to see your character on these scenes.