101 Reasons why WvW is a neglected, hatred plagued meme land — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

101 Reasons why WvW is a neglected, hatred plagued meme land

K THEN.5162K THEN.5162 Member ✭✭✭
edited June 28, 2020 in WvW

Reason #1 Desynced players spawning in open fields

WHAT?!? Did you expect something special would be written here

Comments

• K THEN.5162K THEN.5162 Member ✭✭✭

Reason #2: 4k Weapon swaps

• Slick.7164Slick.7164 Member ✭✭✭

Good example why range dmg should be nerfed. High dmg with 0 risk

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭

You forgot the most important one: Threads like this.

This could have been a valid topic but you are only complaining about obvious stuff with little bearing on the mode.

This is only small stuff that mildly annoys, well, you.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@subversiontwo.7501 said:
    You forgot the most important one: Threads like this.

This could have been a valid topic but you are only complaining about obvious stuff with little bearing on the mode.

This is only small stuff that mildly annoys, well, you.

Maybe its the 11th reason but thats problemic since there are only 3 reasons here.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@K THEN.5162 said:
    Reason #2: 4k Weapon swaps

8k Mind Wrack, what was he? A level 60 character?

Probably an ele that got caught without protection

Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

• ollbirtan.2915ollbirtan.2915 Member ✭✭✭

Still waiting for the remaining 98 reasons...

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2020

@K THEN.5162 said:
    Reason #3: Ranger longbow range is more than 1500, longer than sic-em in some cases

Sic Em hit the target in the first clip while the LB was out of Range on flat ground.
    In the second clip Ranger had high ground where LB could hit and Sic Em could not..

Edit*
    Just looking it up and this is right on the Wiki.

"A projectile is a ranged attack which must travel from the user to the target before dealing damage.

Most projectiles can be avoided by dodging, blocking or reflecting. Projectiles can also be obstructed by environment, or by other enemies in their way, though this can be negated by piercing. A few projectiles auto-track the target as it moves. Projectiles will travel further if they are fired from a height."

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@K THEN.5162 said:
    Reason #3: Ranger longbow range is more than 1500, longer than sic-em in some cases

How hard did you have to look to find that old vid rofl.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭

Okay then.

D:

Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

• vier.1327vier.1327 Member ✭✭✭

Reason 4#: We do not have enough WvW Alliances memes.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Teratus.2859 said:

@K THEN.5162 said:

Sic Em hit the target in the first clip while the LB was out of Range on flat ground.
    In the second clip Ranger had high ground where LB could hit and Sic Em could not..

Edit*

"A projectile is a ranged attack which must travel from the user to the target before dealing damage.

Most projectiles can be avoided by dodging, blocking or reflecting. Projectiles can also be obstructed by environment, or by other enemies in their way, though this can be negated by piercing. A few projectiles auto-track the target as it moves. Projectiles will travel further if they are fired from a height."

If this is so, then it's like real warfare where those on top has higher ground advantage.

I can imagine if game will have wall fog of war system. Like you can't see ppl in front so much. Would make wvw kinda scary

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

@K THEN.5162 said:

Edit*

If this is so, then it's like real warfare where those on top has higher ground advantage.

I can imagine if game will have wall fog of war system. Like you can't see ppl in front so much. Would make wvw kinda scary

Well people will only render so far out so we do?

Make me good at game!

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

not good enough. make fog of war 5000 units. ye now we're talking.

Te lazla otstara.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

I think that it already is that too? 5000 range in portal range which is a long way.

Make me good at game!

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

I think that it already is that too? 5000 range in portal range which is a long way.

We cant even see stealthers at 0 range, come on.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• ollbirtan.2915ollbirtan.2915 Member ✭✭✭

@K THEN.5162 said:

@ollbirtan.2915 said:
    Still waiting for the remaining 98 reasons...

Using some anet's words: This post is meant to be a long term project in which I am currently "laying the groundwork" in order bring some of the glaring issues in WvW to light. Fear not, I am committed to this project and will continue to update the community on the progress made

Translation: I'll probably post daily for 3 or 4 days, then you might get another reason every week or so. But eventually it will take me longer than 17 months to come out with an update

I miss the good old times when folks understood sarcasm.....

• Deimos.7901Deimos.7901 Member ✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020

Most anoying thing about WvW right now is LAGSSSSSSS , its like cancer and from WvW its jump in to normal maps PoF and LS4

Reason #6: WvW population is getting lower and lower yet skill lag has only gotten more frequent

Skip to 1:08

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭

well, that haven't been many valid reasons. this "daed gaem" meme is probs one of the worst existing. skilllag alone is annoying, yet skill lack is a problem of equal size.

besides, any there is a more limited sight range if u play on lower resolution... sometimes pretty annoying.
    also, much lag is created by stealthing / stealth engaging overall. i always get a smaller or bigger lag spike once anyone attacks out of stealth... no big deal if it's our group, but can get really bad if it's an enemic char. like 2 seconds on glassy cannons is tons. or for thieves, the most cowardish class existing.

and then we have people alike

@Slick.7164 said:

that really believe what they say. the least risk you can have is a bulky char (firebrand, scrapper) or a thief, mesmer, warrior. T and W have pretty good mobility and can outrun most stuff. thieves even have still a huge amount of stealth and all those permastealthers still threeshot you and often avoid nearly all damage during their visible time.

range chars with small risk are rangers, but ranger aren't good anyways. they are cheap pew pew, maybe what you'd play if you're drunk or bored or feeling evil. besides, all ranged chars are weak to pulls or missile blocks and fighting in non-flat terrain.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2020

@Slick.7164 said:

Kinda wish gw1 bow combat scheme would return to the game >_>, just look how many bow types gw1 had.,,

Flatbow 2.025 seconds 1.35 0.88 seconds High Maximum attack speed and maximum attack range Arrows easily dodged and slow to interrupt
    Longbow 2.475 seconds 1.35 0.59 seconds Medium Maximum attack range Lowest DPS against armor 70 or higher
    Hornbow 2.700 seconds 1.2 0.59 seconds Medium 10% armor penetration More damage based on enemy's armor rating Slow attack speed when neither using bow attack skills with activation time nor Deft Strike
    Recurve Bow 2.475 seconds 1.2 0.40 seconds Low Fastest arrows Lowest DPS against armor 70 or higher
    Shortbow 2.025 seconds 1.0 0.59 seconds Medium Maximum attack speed Shortest attack range

SAUCE! :
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Bow

edited July 1, 2020

Reason #8: Anet doesn't respect EU server reset time and releases a patch during that time to fix some colour bug on their newest skyscale skin, causing numerous WvW players to lose their que spot in the game mode

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/108337/game-update-notes-june-23-2020#latest

• Faenar.8036Faenar.8036 Member ✭✭✭

Reason #9: Game genre is slowly transfering from PvE / PvP into PvG - Players vs Game itself.

"Will my skills work today? Or, for this game session, I will be just "11111-ing Elite Specialization" ? Lets find it out and see what will happen today."
    ... GW2 in 2020 in a nutshell.