Im so confused guys ....

From the patch notes today:

"Added a conversation option on the Lionguard Aircrew aboard the Phoenix Dawn in Lion’s Arch to send players who have completed the “Sparking the Flame” chapter of Path of Fire to the Free City of Amnoon."

I did all of the story on my Dragonhunter ... so .. Why when I go to the airship in LA with my warrior to go to Amnoon there is no "conversation option' ??? It literally wants me to do the story again. What am I missing?

I tested this using a new character, but found no option to travel. Yes, I completed Sparking the Flame on to characters already. Yes, I interacted with all of the NPC's both on the ship and by the ramp on shore.

As is sometimes the case, ANet wording leaves something to be desired. Or, maybe it is bugged out of the box? Do they mean character, or the player's characters that did not do the story? Maybe you have to be L80? I don't have an 80 who has not been there. At this moment I am clueless.

I know Im thinking my misunderstanding comes from the wording :3

All of my characters are level 80, 200++ mastery points ...I completed the story on my DragonhunterI went to the airship in LA and interacted with all NPC on my warrior and nothing happened.Then I activated the POF story on my warrior and went to the NPC and it wanted me to do the story which to me defeats the purpose of what Anet says it did in the patch notes. If I wanted to do the story again I would have.

I ended up using the Spearmarshalls Plea to head into Vabbi ... then going backwards until I ended up in Amnoon ....

Has anyone else tried whats in the patch notes?

@Leablo.2651 said:I think people are misreading this feature. It's not for allowing alts to skip the first chapter. It's to give you a free travel option for characters that already completed it. As there is no other way to reach Elona other than waypointing.

This works only if you are in LA and want to save a few silver on a WP cost?? Thats so dumb LOL

Confirmed: There is an airship NPC with a boat icon above thier heads for the only toon who already completed the story >.>

@EpicBanHammer.7521 said:Did they do something similar for HoT? I'm going back to grab HP and want to know if I can avoid doing the first few sections of story over and over.

If you've done the first chapter of the HoT story on one character, all of your characters can just run through the portal in the southwestern portion of the Silverwsates to get to Verdant Brink.

I think their wording just sucks, but there were connectivity problems and if you finished Sparking the Flame you'd be disconnected. So you'd have to replay the chapter to get to Amnoon. This obviously is a bigger deal than playing the chapter on a different character.

Would be nice if they just let you go straight to Amnoon, but Idk if that's what this particular fix was about.

@Purgatori.3645 said:

@Leablo.2651 said:I think people are misreading this feature. It's not for allowing alts to skip the first chapter. It's to give you a free travel option for characters that already completed it. As there is no other way to reach Elona other than waypointing.

This works only if you are in LA and want to save a few silver on a WP cost?? Thats so kitten LOL

Confirmed
: There is an airship NPC with a boat icon above thier heads for the only toon who already completed the story >.>

I don't even see it on my toon that completed the story.

@Cuddy.6247 said:I think their wording just sucks, but there were connectivity problems and if you finished Sparking the Flame you'd be disconnected. So you'd have to replay the chapter to get to Amnoon. This obviously is a bigger deal than playing the chapter on a different character.

Would be nice if they just let you go straight to Amnoon, but Idk if that's what this particular fix was about.

Yep ... my mistake is that they said "players" and not "characters"

Players to me means account ....

characters to me means individual characters LOL

Archived