Community Events: World Boss Weeks / Meta Train Weeks — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Community Events: World Boss Weeks / Meta Train Weeks

Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited June 27, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

When will those two special community event weeks return to PvE? :)

Have been anticipating them to return this summer, but so far no luck. :(

Comments

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The Devs did say those would return, as well as a new one. I'm waiting, as well.

  • lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

    At this point I accepted these events to have been mere PR stunts. Also, with the reported lag issues, I doubt that a majority of attendees would enjoy this sort of event.

    Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

  • Chichimec.9364Chichimec.9364 Member ✭✭✭

    Been looking forward to them as well. Hopefully they will return soon.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    PR stunt? In what way?
    Unless you mean every release/update/added content, permanent or temporary, is a PR stunt.

  • Shadowmoon.7986Shadowmoon.7986 Member ✭✭✭

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    PR stunt? In what way?
    Unless you mean every release/update/added content, permanent or temporary, is a PR stunt.

    Announcing and not delivering is a pr stunt. Last year we had 3 events by this time in q2. Add this to the list of pr vaporware stunts which include legendary armory and alliances.

  • Tyncale.1629Tyncale.1629 Member ✭✭✭

    I like them too. We also had the Champion Rush and the Destabilized Magic event which gave us the Ultra Shiny and Shiny weapons. The latter event will probably not return, seems like a one -off and you can still get the shiny weapons by buying the Ley Line Essences with Raid currencies.

    I hope some of these will return!

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shadowmoon.7986 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    PR stunt? In what way?
    Unless you mean every release/update/added content, permanent or temporary, is a PR stunt.

    Announcing and not delivering is a pr stunt. Last year we had 3 events by this time in q2. Add this to the list of pr vaporware stunts which include legendary armory and alliances.

    You stated the events were PR stunts, not the announcement.
    Of course, we should not factor in that the announcement was made before the lockdown, and nothing has been affected by said lockdown.

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2020

    They were filler content designed to distract from the slow pace of releases. This year, with a new release or recurring festival coming every month I'm not sure they're needed anymore.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Hmmm.. So, PvE is getting to experience a little of what WvW has had to deal with.

    Between this and lag.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Pifil.5193 said:
    They were filler content designed to distract from the slow pace of releases. This year, with a new release or recurring festival coming every month I'm not sure they're needed anymore.

    "Not needed anymore"? Everything that's fun has a right to return, regardless of whether it's "needed" or not. :)

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Pifil.5193 said:
    They were filler content designed to distract from the slow pace of releases. This year, with a new release or recurring festival coming every month I'm not sure they're needed anymore.

    "Not needed anymore"? Everything that's fun has a right to return, regardless of whether it's "needed" or not. :)

    OK, I thought they were tedious filler content, not fun at all and I don't miss them.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Pifil.5193 said:

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Pifil.5193 said:
    They were filler content designed to distract from the slow pace of releases. This year, with a new release or recurring festival coming every month I'm not sure they're needed anymore.

    "Not needed anymore"? Everything that's fun has a right to return, regardless of whether it's "needed" or not. :)

    OK, I thought they were tedious filler content, not fun at all and I don't miss them.

    I enjoyed the community goal aspect of it. :)

    Also, the meta event week wasn't all that tedious, only the world boss event was (sort of). ;)

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Pifil.5193 said:

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Pifil.5193 said:
    They were filler content designed to distract from the slow pace of releases. This year, with a new release or recurring festival coming every month I'm not sure they're needed anymore.

    "Not needed anymore"? Everything that's fun has a right to return, regardless of whether it's "needed" or not. :)

    OK, I thought they were tedious filler content, not fun at all and I don't miss them.

    I enjoyed the community goal aspect of it. :)

    Also, the meta event week wasn't all that tedious, only the world boss event was (sort of). ;)

    Yeah, the meta week was definitely better but the world boss week just reminded me of why I don't bother with world bosses anymore. :)

    I like the idea of bonus weeks, bonus HoT, PoF, LS3/LS4 weeks every now and again could be great for those who want to get achievements and so on. They could be great for people.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I enjoyed them. Looking forward to their return

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .