What balances do you think are coming soon? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

What balances do you think are coming soon?

anjo.6143anjo.6143 Member ✭✭✭

Big ones:

unknown.png

<13

Comments

  • wux.7314wux.7314 Member ✭✭

    I hope they nerf condition damage as a whole TBH. I'm getting pretty bored of using condi builds and also fighting other ppl using them... every death recap involves conditions as the top damaging skills.

  • Avatar.3568Avatar.3568 Member ✭✭✭

    Probably condi Rev and holo Bades gonna be addressed, maybe some things gonna be changed for mesmer and warrior

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020

    Rev and ranger sustain nerfed, holosmith grenades nerfed but no sustain nerfs so holo will continue to be the top class as Gods chosen. Condi thief nerfed to useless.

  • DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Arheundel.6451 said:
    Please...we've been with Anet for like 8 years now..the balance patch will be exactly the same as always:

    1)Nerf to the ground for those specs, people created 5+ pages nerf thread
    2)Buff to the sky to those classes , people created 5+ pages buff thread
    3)Tooltip changes/fix
    4)The same people who cry the loudest atm on the forum will be the same ones crying after the patch..and the one after...and the one following..

    And it will be glorius!

  • Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @wux.7314 said:
    every death recap involves conditions as the top damaging skills.

    Often doesn't mean what you are insinuating.

  • mistsim.2748mistsim.2748 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020

    Really need and want that Druid buff. The spec is entirely useless in pvp and wvw.

    I feel condis are generally fine. Necros are also fine. Guards are fine.

    Holos and Malyx revs need shaving. I don't want them dead, but their kits are way too good relative to everything else in the game.

    Pls leave rangers alone.

    Generally, I want Anet to stop listening to people who want all builds to be good at 1v1's. Bunker, +1'er, duelist, support. These are the roles for conquest, balance around them.

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Engineer, thief, necro, and mesmer nerfs. Warrior gets a bone thrown it's way. Revenant untouched.

    Best Dressed Memser NA.

  • Kuma.1503Kuma.1503 Member ✭✭✭

    I predict another nerf to core engi.

    It's out of control and clearly needs to be toned down.

  • @anjo.6143 said:
    Big ones:

    unknown.png

    ... I fully understand that bigger major patches needs time. What I miss r quick small, tiny patches to bring busted in line fast. Holo, Crev ... Just do it faster why it take month to bring kitten in line ...

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020

    Since Arenanet is only doing changes for the sake of changing things up, I'm certain that their won't be any balance updates within the next seven years of the game.

    Even if Arenanet calls it balance, it's not going to be even attempt to balance anything.

  • Rukia.4802Rukia.4802 Member ✭✭✭

    @Master Ketsu.4569 said:
    Hopefully anet will finally realize that mechanics and AoE need to be looked at for most of the current balance issues.

    Realistically I know they will increase the energy cost of call-to-anguish to 40e. The actual nerf it needs is a reduction in radius size so it doesn't cover the entire freaking point, but that would make the Timmys who like to spam their big Timmy AoEs sad. So 40e it is. Will 40e fix the skill? Nope. But whatever.

    AoE needs fixing in general, meanwhile war F1 requires melee range to hit.. you would think an aoe animation of arcing slice would have like at least 200 range lul.
    I just want to see some war love, sometimes I enjoy playing a rage fueled machine rather than thief. Aside from some QoL fixes I think they are ina perfectly balanced state, its other classes that need to be toned down instead of constantly power creeping.

    GW2 need list:
    GW1 Assassin elite spec
    Option to hide party/squad nameplate
    Particle effect slider/ability to turn friendly player effects off

  • georgessj.4198georgessj.4198 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020

    @Arheundel.6451 said:
    Please...we've been with Anet for like 8 years now..the balance patch will be exactly the same as always:

    1)Nerf to the ground for those specs, people created 5+ pages nerf thread
    2)Buff to the sky to those classes , people created 5+ pages buff thread
    3)Tooltip changes/fix
    4)The same people who cry the loudest atm on the forum will be the same ones crying after the patch..and the one after...and the one following..

    You see any condi rev nerf for the last 1 year??? cause i think it has more than 15+ pages nerf thread not just 5. Besides bots dont care bots dont complain and they are the big majority right now.

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020

    @mortrialus.3062 said:
    Engineer, thief, necro, and mesmer nerfs. Warrior gets a bone thrown its way. Revenant untouched.

    You might as well delete nec if you nerf em the way people want because you take out the reward part of reaper.

    Risk: Very slow melee class a slow-moving monster who can take a hit, if you take out the dmg and sustain you got a target dummy.

    If you nerf lich, you take out the reward part as it got a super long cd and its duration was already cut.

    I predict that nec is gonna be dumpster tier again and become a target dummy since noobs do nothing but QQ.

    Want to know why so many are leaving GW2? because balance is atrocious like really atrocious worse than wow.

    Class balance is basically this: Warrior WAA i can't kill a guardian nerf Next patch guardian gets deleted from SPVP and guardian cries because they were nerfed in a way that was unnecessary and breaks the class more. It's like trying to cure a blister on your hand by cutting off a person's arm, without actually looking at the symptoms and problem and analyzing the best action.

    I don't believe for a second that there couldn't have been better ways of nerf scourge without deleting it in pve with dmg, and for sure Anet needs to make sure to keep reaper dmg intact since it's supposed to be scary. Imagine if a reaper that's easily ragdolled loses quickness and all damage on reaper shroud, you'd end up with a laughing stock of a class, and an unfun class to PVP with.

    Furthermore, we got issues with people being put with veteran PVP players who have builds which are good at side node vs people with classes who aren't effective at side node and get stomped hard without a clue why because they get high-end veteran players and end up ragequitting because they aren't really learning how to play

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @mistsim.2748 said:
    Really need and want that Druid buff. The spec is entirely useless in pvp and wvw.

    I feel condis are generally fine. Necros are also fine. Guards are fine.

    Holos and Malyx revs need shaving. I don't want them dead, but their kits are way too good relative to everything else in the game.

    Pls leave rangers alone.

    Generally, I want Anet to stop listening to people who want all builds to be good at 1v1's. Bunker, +1'er, duelist, support. These are the roles for conquest, balance around them.

    It's useless in PvE too, it's only played in raids. They butchered and gutted this spec for 4 years, much like most specs in the game, for no reason. Really want a new skill design team.

  • Megametzler.5729Megametzler.5729 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Sneaky power rev buffs! :lol:

  • Warlord.9074Warlord.9074 Member ✭✭✭

    Every class will become as bad as warrior, at the same time fixing warrior.

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:
    Engineer, thief, necro, and mesmer nerfs. Warrior gets a bone thrown its way. Revenant untouched.

    You might as well delete nec if you nerf em the way people want because you take out the reward part of reaper.

    Risk: Very slow melee class a slow-moving monster who can take a hit, if you take out the dmg and sustain you got a target dummy.

    If you nerf lich, you take out the reward part as it got a super long cd and its duration was already cut.

    I predict that nec is gonna be dumpster tier again and become a target dummy since noobs do nothing but QQ.

    Want to know why so many are leaving GW2? because balance is atrocious like really atrocious worse than wow.

    Class balance is basically this: Warrior WAA i can't kill a guardian nerf Next patch guardian gets deleted from SPVP and guardian cries because they were nerfed in a way that was unnecessary and breaks the class more. It's like trying to cure a blister on your hand by cutting off a person's arm, without actually looking at the symptoms and problem and analyzing the best action.

    I don't believe for a second that there couldn't have been better ways of nerf scourge without deleting it in pve with dmg, and for sure Anet needs to make sure to keep reaper dmg intact since it's supposed to be scary. Imagine if a reaper that's easily ragdolled loses quickness and all damage on reaper shroud, you'd end up with a laughing stock of a class, and an unfun class to PVP with.

    Furthermore, we got issues with people being put with veteran PVP players who have builds which are good at side node vs people with classes who aren't effective at side node and get stomped hard without a clue why because they get high-end veteran players and end up ragequitting because they aren't really learning how to play

    Necromancer has never been dumpster tier.

    Best Dressed Memser NA.

  • Patch will come at the end of this season.
    1. Condi rev will be gutted but Power rev will be untouched
    2. Ranger continues to be Godtier with only taking a frisk hit from the nerf bat
    3. Holo gets tuned down
    4. A whole lot of actually interesting and positive changes that will be ignored by the community at large because:
    5. MaT meta still sucks

  • Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Conjure GS nerfed but CD remains at 180s,
    x amount of classes nerfed
    x amount of classes buffed
    people still cry about x amount of classes
    Nothing changes

  • dronte.3416dronte.3416 Member ✭✭✭

    Hope we can see some previews

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020

    This is not a news. They said it already a few weeks ago that the next patch will be a bigger one. They did just not say what exactly they want to adress.

    Fixes for the february patch?
    PvP/PvE unsplittings?
    300s trait reworks?
    A global 30% sustain reduction, because most classes have several options to bunker?

    Could be everything...

    ...it could even be good, for the first time.

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:
    Engineer, thief, necro, and mesmer nerfs. Warrior gets a bone thrown its way. Revenant untouched.

    You might as well delete nec if you nerf em the way people want because you take out the reward part of the reaper.

    Risk: Very slow melee class a slow-moving monster who can take a hit, if you take out the dmg and sustain you got a target dummy.

    If you nerf lich, you take out the reward part as it got a super long cd and its duration was already cut.

    I predict that nec is gonna be dumpster tier again and become a target dummy since noobs do nothing but QQ.

    Want to know why so many are leaving GW2? because balance is atrocious like really atrocious worse than wow.

    Class balance is basically this: Warrior WAA I can't kill a guardian nerf Next patch guardian gets deleted from SPVP and guardian cries because they were nerfed in a way that was unnecessary and breaks the class more. It's like trying to cure a blister on your hand by cutting off a person's arm, without actually looking at the symptoms and problem and analyzing the best action.

    I don't believe for a second that there couldn't have been better ways of nerf scourge without deleting it in pve with dmg, and for sure Anet needs to make sure to keep reaper dmg intact since it's supposed to be scary. Imagine if a reaper that's easily ragdolled loses quickness and all damage on reaper shroud, you'd end up with a laughing stock of a class, and an unfun class to PVP with.

    Furthermore, we got issues with people being put with veteran PVP players who have builds which are good at side node vs people with classes who aren't effective at side node and get stomped hard without a clue why because they get high-end veteran players and end up ragequitting because they aren't really learning how to play

    Necromancer has never been dumpster tier.

    It was back when dmg in PVP was power crept to an extreme, making them extremely easy kills, and it will be if they delete the dmg.

    How many times has Anet nerfed things in the wrong way? I don't for a minute trust anet not to mess up.

    Anet messed up with warrior mesmers elementalists Thief class Nec Not once but many times. Sometimes they nerf the wrong thing which has been called out by people and it was literally the wrong thing, which is because they listen to Q_Q and not people who play the actual class.

    I've heard from me on how to actually fix it, and we can only hope they do some of the changes which actually fix the problem not the symptoms only.

    A good example: People have pointed out the radius on scourge was an issue, and they gutted everything else, so why expect differently performance-wise from ANET?

    Nerfing dmg won't fix the issue of Reaper, because it will be mired by issues with life force gen and nerfing damage will just make it not worth using for the risk such as taking away quickness but leaving weapons slow or taking away damage but having 10s CD for low dmg on a weapon that's supposed to be it's special in a meta where it's tied to 2 things, which is why that is a bad idea. You create a slow monster who hits like a noodle and your special wouldn't be able to kill anyone.

    It's also why some thief players argue against deleting stealth completely because they are meant to be tricksters who hide and run and attack from behind. A lot of players want to win and hate losing, and sometimes it's just easier to complain and get something that beats you deleted.

    Back when the power creep happens, nec couldn't keep up with the current power creep of boon spam invuln spams and other stuff, and back in vanilla nec was trash in PVE and still has most didn't want. It's also the reason why druid lovers including me want druid spec to be able to have some effectiveness in PVP without being considered op.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It probably be a slight nerf to rev and engi with sparkle of tiny stuff. Overall would not change anything. Would not make sPvP playable.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    so I predict condi rev nerf. Why ? Because to mush people cry out it. Ofc I always say "if it so cool- why you not pay this? - answer - silent"

    Hope in future we will get balance team, that absolutely not depend from class haters/trolls/and others..

    And what personal I wait from re-balance? I wait "nothing", only changes. I don't wait some class or build balance, and don't think that this is primary target. I accept it some class can be 2x stronger then other .. I don't worry about it. We have mmr rank system, so any to top will get top. This is ok for me. So we will get some changes, some skill coefficient will be change. It have some changes only for upper plat/legend division. For others is as always more longer load on second day of week.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:
    Engineer, thief, necro, and mesmer nerfs. Warrior gets a bone thrown its way. Revenant untouched.

    You might as well delete nec if you nerf em the way people want because you take out the reward part of the reaper.

    Risk: Very slow melee class a slow-moving monster who can take a hit, if you take out the dmg and sustain you got a target dummy.

    If you nerf lich, you take out the reward part as it got a super long cd and its duration was already cut.

    I predict that nec is gonna be dumpster tier again and become a target dummy since noobs do nothing but QQ.

    Want to know why so many are leaving GW2? because balance is atrocious like really atrocious worse than wow.

    Class balance is basically this: Warrior WAA I can't kill a guardian nerf Next patch guardian gets deleted from SPVP and guardian cries because they were nerfed in a way that was unnecessary and breaks the class more. It's like trying to cure a blister on your hand by cutting off a person's arm, without actually looking at the symptoms and problem and analyzing the best action.

    I don't believe for a second that there couldn't have been better ways of nerf scourge without deleting it in pve with dmg, and for sure Anet needs to make sure to keep reaper dmg intact since it's supposed to be scary. Imagine if a reaper that's easily ragdolled loses quickness and all damage on reaper shroud, you'd end up with a laughing stock of a class, and an unfun class to PVP with.

    Furthermore, we got issues with people being put with veteran PVP players who have builds which are good at side node vs people with classes who aren't effective at side node and get stomped hard without a clue why because they get high-end veteran players and end up ragequitting because they aren't really learning how to play

    Necromancer has never been dumpster tier.

    It was back when dmg in PVP was power crept to an extreme, making them extremely easy kills, and it will be if they delete the dmg.

    How many times has Anet nerfed things in the wrong way? I don't for a minute trust anet not to mess up.

    Anet messed up with warrior mesmers elementalists Thief class Nec Not once but many times. Sometimes they nerf the wrong thing which has been called out by people and it was literally the wrong thing, which is because they listen to Q_Q and not people who play the actual class.

    I've heard from me on how to actually fix it, and we can only hope they do some of the changes which actually fix the problem not the symptoms only.

    A good example: People have pointed out the radius on scourge was an issue, and they gutted everything else, so why expect differently performance-wise from ANET?

    Nerfing dmg won't fix the issue of Reaper, because it will be mired by issues with life force gen and nerfing damage will just make it not worth using for the risk such as taking away quickness but leaving weapons slow or taking away damage but having 10s CD for low dmg on a weapon that's supposed to be it's special in a meta where it's tied to 2 things, which is why that is a bad idea. You create a slow monster who hits like a noodle and your special wouldn't be able to kill anyone.

    It's also why some thief players argue against deleting stealth completely because they are meant to be tricksters who hide and run and attack from behind. A lot of players want to win and hate losing, and sometimes it's just easier to complain and get something that beats you deleted.

    Back when the power creep happens, nec couldn't keep up with the current power creep of boon spam invuln spams and other stuff, and back in vanilla nec was trash in PVE and still has most didn't want. It's also the reason why druid lovers including me want druid spec to be able to have some effectiveness in PVP without being considered op.

    Necromancer was various degrees strong throughout core. Pretty sure Condi Reaper was excellent throughout most if not all of HoT. Scourge was the king of power creep coming right out of the gates during PoF as hands down the best build in the game and stayed as one of the best builds for a long long time. Power reaper became viable, ranked more so than ATs with the change to Reaper's Onslaught grandmaster trait. Core got a death shroud rework that made it an excellent build and potentially the best necromancer build during the final days before megabalance.

    Seriously, necro has probably never been truly bad. Scourge got focused by entire teams because it was so consistently strong that if you didn't rush it as soon as possible it would wipe your entire team if you didn't have support, making it the highest priority target outside of maybe like a FA Weaver or Power Mesmer. The same was true of reaper to a lesser degree. Sure scourge fell out of favor with the self shade removal, but it had great builds to fall back on that went on to do excellent in rank and win plenty of MATs.

    And necro, in general, came out of the mega balance VERY strong due to how much more potent shroud becomes as a mechanic when everyone's DPS was lowered.

    Seriously, necros have probably never been truly bad the way other classes have been throughout various points in the game. It's never felt anywhere near as bad as, say, Elementalist and Revenant during the first 6 months of PoF.

    Also not saying necro is necessarily deserving of nerfs right now or that my list of classes is a good list of what needs to be nerfed. Notice how I specifically say Revenant will be left unnerfed.

    Nec was struggling through and reaper brought in something nec mains wanted, also mesmer was op for many years being very strong with mirage being busted.

    Reaper got nerfed pretty hard left in an odd stage because reaper shroud with 10s and vulnerability, and Yes reaper was good 3 years ago, but nerfs slowly made it worse and power creep buffs to others made it worse. Nec has struggled for years due to limited mobility vs the mobility of other classes with super high mobility super high burst spammable boons and spammable invulns and evades, which until recently made things like toughness useless.

    Sure scourge was part of the issue, but it got nerfed so hard, it became practically useless in SPVP when focused. Not sure how good it is now that dmg power creep has been nerfed.

    Also you want to talk about ele, well what about the bunker meta ele days of early GW2? Ele too has had some pretty op builds and everyone remembers the time of bunker meta during vanilla gw2 early in gw2.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • A buff to Bots, hackers and Wintraders. Needs to be more rewarding!

    Who gives a skritt's behind what they do if the game mode is still plagued with things that should be eradicated from any pvp game mode ever. but they still roam free and will continue to do so cuz no one at office takes this seriously!

    as a result, they can take their balance changes to the trash bin where it belongs

  • Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Axl.8924 said:

    Also you want to talk about ele, well what about the bunker meta ele days of early GW2? Ele too has had some pretty op builds and everyone remembers the time of bunker meta during vanilla gw2 early in gw2.

    He's on about classes being good throughout the game, Ele was trash till they added Celestial into the game, then trash during Season 4 of PvP, and trash for the first 6-12 months from PoF release.

    Necro hasn't been bad for so long really

  • Lighter.5631Lighter.5631 Member ✭✭✭✭

    you guys asking too much, balance patch max 3 lines

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020

    @mortrialus.3062 said:
    Core got a deathshroud rework

    No it did not. It got a cooldown reduction, a nerf of skill3 and a rework of skill2, that is not better than the old version (just different).

    that made it an excellent build and potentially the best necromancer build during the final days before megabalance.

    No. It is the same "needs to be babysitted" thing, that necro has been into for its 8 years of lifetime.

    The only meaningful impact necromancer has ever seen with a balance patch has been the buff of signet of undeath that allowed builds that can gain a good amount of life force passively, which resulted in completely new available playstyles for necromancers, that are more thought out and not just 100% offense as your offense is your defense (corrupts and LF generation via attacks).

    Seriously, necro has probably never been truly bad.

    If you are a solo q player (what most people are) then this is simply nonsense.

    It's never felt anywhere near as bad as, say, Elementalist and Revenant during the first 6 months of PoF.

    I did climb to plat in EU without any issues on hammer rev when the aoe condi spam was too strong (just because 90% of the playerbase sucks on hammer rev, that does not mean it is weak). There have always been extremely strong revenant builds.

  • Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I hope we get some rework on condi dmg, overall cc and sustain

    That alone would be great without targeting any specific class

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    Also you want to talk about ele, well what about the bunker meta ele days of early GW2? Ele too has had some pretty op builds and everyone remembers the time of bunker meta during vanilla gw2 early in gw2.

    He's on about classes being good throughout the game, Ele was trash till they added Celestial into the game, then trash during Season 4 of PvP, and trash for the first 6-12 months from PoF release.

    Necro hasn't been bad for so long really

    Well you guys did have weaver which was hella strong for a while and pretty nasty condo with mobility and sustain combined i mean yeah it got nerfed.

    Also what kh home said is true, solo nec was a pain because you got ganked because solo nec=free kill.

    I'm not saying ele is perfect, god knows tempest could use some improvements but lets not pretend nec is god mod in all means pls because that is not true.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    Also you want to talk about ele, well what about the bunker meta ele days of early GW2? Ele too has had some pretty op builds and everyone remembers the time of bunker meta during vanilla gw2 early in gw2.

    He's on about classes being good throughout the game, Ele was trash till they added Celestial into the game, then trash during Season 4 of PvP, and trash for the first 6-12 months from PoF release.

    Necro hasn't been bad for so long really

    Well you guys did have weaver which was hella strong for a while and pretty nasty condo with mobility and sustain combined i mean yeah it got nerfed.

    Again, first 6-12 months of PoF, Weaver was bad, Fireweaver didn't exist for about a year and a half into PoF while Firebrand and Scourge dominated the majority of time now its Tempest/Firebrand and Necro,

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    Also you want to talk about ele, well what about the bunker meta ele days of early GW2? Ele too has had some pretty op builds and everyone remembers the time of bunker meta during vanilla gw2 early in gw2.

    He's on about classes being good throughout the game, Ele was trash till they added Celestial into the game, then trash during Season 4 of PvP, and trash for the first 6-12 months from PoF release.

    Necro hasn't been bad for so long really

    Well you guys did have weaver which was hella strong for a while and pretty nasty condo with mobility and sustain combined i mean yeah it got nerfed.

    Again, first 6-12 months of PoF, Weaver was bad, Fireweaver didn't exist for about a year and a half into PoF while Firebrand and Scourge dominated the majority of time now its Tempest/Firebrand and Necro,

    Well scourge did get butchered with nerfs though sure it was powerful in WVW but it got butchered real bad in SPVP and PVE, but how much was it of weaver going under the radar because of other broken stuff? how are we to know without data?

    After all weaver had some broken stuff.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    Also you want to talk about ele, well what about the bunker meta ele days of early GW2? Ele too has had some pretty op builds and everyone remembers the time of bunker meta during vanilla gw2 early in gw2.

    He's on about classes being good throughout the game, Ele was trash till they added Celestial into the game, then trash during Season 4 of PvP, and trash for the first 6-12 months from PoF release.

    Necro hasn't been bad for so long really

    Well you guys did have weaver which was hella strong for a while and pretty nasty condo with mobility and sustain combined i mean yeah it got nerfed.

    Again, first 6-12 months of PoF, Weaver was bad, Fireweaver didn't exist for about a year and a half into PoF while Firebrand and Scourge dominated the majority of time now its Tempest/Firebrand and Necro,

    Well scourge did get butchered with nerfs though sure it was powerful in WVW but it got butchered real bad in SPVP and PVE, but how much was it of weaver going under the radar because of other broken stuff? how are we to know without data?

    After all weaver had some broken stuff.

    Sure, Scourge got seriously nerfed. It had core and reaper to fall back on both of which continued to perform really well.

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    Also you want to talk about ele, well what about the bunker meta ele days of early GW2? Ele too has had some pretty op builds and everyone remembers the time of bunker meta during vanilla gw2 early in gw2.

    He's on about classes being good throughout the game, Ele was trash till they added Celestial into the game, then trash during Season 4 of PvP, and trash for the first 6-12 months from PoF release.

    Necro hasn't been bad for so long really

    Well you guys did have weaver which was hella strong for a while and pretty nasty condo with mobility and sustain combined i mean yeah it got nerfed.

    Also what kh home said is true, solo nec was a pain because you got ganked because solo nec=free kill.

    I'm not saying ele is perfect, god knows tempest could use some improvements but lets not pretend nec is god mod in all means pls because that is not true.

    Solo necro was never a free kill in PoF. Bad necros who open the midfight by immediately charging away from the rest of their team onto the middle of the node were free kills.

    Best Dressed Memser NA.

  • aelska.4609aelska.4609 Member ✭✭✭

    Balance patch will not arrive soon, but it will definitely look like this:

    "XXX prevalence in group content has been quite strong as they offer significant support options to the point that they were crowding out other builds. In particular, SKILL YYY had a bit more condition damage than was healthy, so we've sought to tweak that down while retaining its overall playstyle by removing some of its boon generation. We're also reducing SKILL ZZZ condition application and increasing WEAPON ALPHA damage in PvE as the best melee damage option should not be a ranged weapon."

    With the actual patch looking like

    • SKILL YYY: Fixed tooltip to match the correct effect.
    • SKILL ZZZ: Reduced burning stack from 2 to 1 but increased burning duration from 1s to 2s.
    • WEAPON ALPHA: Increased power coefficient from 1.05 to 1.10

    I'm so hyped!

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    Also you want to talk about ele, well what about the bunker meta ele days of early GW2? Ele too has had some pretty op builds and everyone remembers the time of bunker meta during vanilla gw2 early in gw2.

    He's on about classes being good throughout the game, Ele was trash till they added Celestial into the game, then trash during Season 4 of PvP, and trash for the first 6-12 months from PoF release.

    Necro hasn't been bad for so long really

    Well you guys did have weaver which was hella strong for a while and pretty nasty condo with mobility and sustain combined i mean yeah it got nerfed.

    Again, first 6-12 months of PoF, Weaver was bad, Fireweaver didn't exist for about a year and a half into PoF while Firebrand and Scourge dominated the majority of time now its Tempest/Firebrand and Necro,

    Well scourge did get butchered with nerfs though sure it was powerful in WVW but it got butchered real bad in SPVP and PVE, but how much was it of weaver going under the radar because of other broken stuff? how are we to know without data?

    After all weaver had some broken stuff.

    Sure, Scourge got seriously nerfed. It had core and reaper to fall back on both of which continued to perform really well.

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    Also you want to talk about ele, well what about the bunker meta ele days of early GW2? Ele too has had some pretty op builds and everyone remembers the time of bunker meta during vanilla gw2 early in gw2.

    He's on about classes being good throughout the game, Ele was trash till they added Celestial into the game, then trash during Season 4 of PvP, and trash for the first 6-12 months from PoF release.

    Necro hasn't been bad for so long really

    Well you guys did have weaver which was hella strong for a while and pretty nasty condo with mobility and sustain combined i mean yeah it got nerfed.

    Also what kh home said is true, solo nec was a pain because you got ganked because solo nec=free kill.

    I'm not saying ele is perfect, god knows tempest could use some improvements but lets not pretend nec is god mod in all means pls because that is not true.


    Solo necro was never a free kill in PoF. Bad necros who open the midfight by immediately charging away from the rest of their team onto the middle of the node were free kills.

    @mortrialus.3062 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    Also you want to talk about ele, well what about the bunker meta ele days of early GW2? Ele too has had some pretty op builds and everyone remembers the time of bunker meta during vanilla gw2 early in gw2.

    He's on about classes being good throughout the game, Ele was trash till they added Celestial into the game, then trash during Season 4 of PvP, and trash for the first 6-12 months from PoF release.

    Necro hasn't been bad for so long really

    Well you guys did have weaver which was hella strong for a while and pretty nasty condo with mobility and sustain combined i mean yeah it got nerfed.

    Again, first 6-12 months of PoF, Weaver was bad, Fireweaver didn't exist for about a year and a half into PoF while Firebrand and Scourge dominated the majority of time now its Tempest/Firebrand and Necro,

    Well scourge did get butchered with nerfs though sure it was powerful in WVW but it got butchered real bad in SPVP and PVE, but how much was it of weaver going under the radar because of other broken stuff? how are we to know without data?

    After all weaver had some broken stuff.

    Sure, Scourge got seriously nerfed. It had core and reaper to fall back on both of which continued to perform really well.

    @Axl.8924 said:

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:

    Also you want to talk about ele, well what about the bunker meta ele days of early GW2? Ele too has had some pretty op builds and everyone remembers the time of bunker meta during vanilla gw2 early in gw2.

    He's on about classes being good throughout the game, Ele was trash till they added Celestial into the game, then trash during Season 4 of PvP, and trash for the first 6-12 months from PoF release.

    Necro hasn't been bad for so long really

    Well you guys did have weaver which was hella strong for a while and pretty nasty condo with mobility and sustain combined i mean yeah it got nerfed.

    Also what kh home said is true, solo nec was a pain because you got ganked because solo nec=free kill.

    I'm not saying ele is perfect, god knows tempest could use some improvements but lets not pretend nec is god mod in all means pls because that is not true.


    Solo necro was never a free kill in PoF. Bad necros who open the midfight by immediately charging away from the rest of their team onto the middle of the node were free kills.

    Yeah it was core nec and reaper suffered from power creep of other classes, and due to high dmg combined the kind of sustain nec has couldn't keep up.

    This was especially noticeable if you tried to solo queue and get blown up by people with ridiculous 1 shot bursts and spammable cc combined with evades blocks evades and even spammable mobility which hard countered nec far too hard actually, and it was a result of POF power creep. the previous added some power creep but of really ramped it up to 11, especially with mirage thieves guardians revs and rangers.

    Do you not remember the ridiculousness of soulbeast? also, this really affected tempest real hard too.

    Nec was most noticeable along with core ele and tempest with classes suffering because of power creep on others.

    The reason is simple actually: Core nec lacked good dmg tools compared to reaper and still dmg is nowhere near as good, hence payoff. Core is better for conditions and reaper is better for power with survivability needed to survive melee range and damage. If you took away either of those it would be trash tier

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

  • Aihao.5824Aihao.5824 Member ✭✭✭

    hope new patch wont be nerfes only. Extremely dont like current meta, but if anet do all classes pathetic, and your personal skill wont mater anymore, its a good time to finish legendary armor, and w8 cantha release.

  • Thiago.5946Thiago.5946 Member ✭✭

    Protection decreases the damage received by a target by 33% - i hope a nerf in this to 20%

  • cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020

    @aelska.4609 said:
    Balance patch will not arrive soon, but it will definitely look like this:

    "XXX prevalence in group content has been quite strong as they offer significant support options to the point that they were crowding out other builds. In particular, SKILL YYY had a bit more condition damage than was healthy, so we've sought to tweak that down while retaining its overall playstyle by removing some of its boon generation. We're also reducing SKILL ZZZ condition application and increasing WEAPON ALPHA damage in PvE as the best melee damage option should not be a ranged weapon."

    With the actual patch looking like

    • SKILL YYY: Fixed tooltip to match the correct effect.
    • SKILL ZZZ: Reduced burning stack from 2 to 1 but increased burning duration from 1s to 2s.
    • WEAPON ALPHA: Increased power coefficient from 1.05 to 1.10

    I'm so hyped!

    This is most likely. I think you're forgetting a few things though.
    Random weapon rework of a weapon nobody uses and likely still won't.
    Offensive mesmer traitline being reworked.
    Holo/engi traits getting reworked only to lead to a build that's equally as busted and still has some cheesy passive damage on dodge effect (and probably some kit rework like elixir gun while mortar and grenades still hit like a truck and go untouched.)
    Scourge getting another nerf despite practically nobody playing it anymore.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @mortrialus.3062 said:
    Engineer, thief, necro, and mesmer nerfs. Warrior gets a bone thrown it's way. Revenant untouched.

    Only a bone? :(

  • Exci.6724Exci.6724 Member ✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020

    @Axl.8924 said:
    If you nerf lich, you take out the reward part as it got a super long cd and its duration was already cut.

    Well, the obvious "easy" fix would be to reduce both CD and autoattack damage, but the problem with not putting out balance patches often enough is you might swing too much in one direction. Personally I'd prefer they reworked/rebalanced lich's skills in a way that doesn't revolve around me spamming 1.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @cptaylor.2670 said:
    Holo/engi traits getting reworked only to lead to a build that's equally as busted and still has some cheesy passive damage on dodge effect (and probably some kit rework like elixir gun while mortar and grenades still hit like a truck and go untouched.)

    More than likely their text will be "well we think holo is overperforming" then they nerf core skills making both core and scrapper unplayable, while indirectly buffing holo.

    That's what everyone cries about on the forum after all. Nerf holo, then they never say anything about holo skills only core. Because core is so OP otherwise.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Exci.6724 said:

    @Axl.8924 said:
    If you nerf lich, you take out the reward part as it got a super long cd and its duration was already cut.

    Well, the obvious "easy" fix would be to reduce both CD and auto-attack damage, but the problem with not putting outbalance patches often enough is you might swing too much in one direction. Personally I'd prefer they reworked/rebalanced lich's skills in a way that doesn't revolve around me spamming 1.

    Honestly, maybe lich should be deleted and put back into others. I think the elite abilities detract from regular stuff because having abilities that are too strong and both considered also niche is a bad thing.

    It would be nice if dmg got put into core shroud but put some exception that makes you need to pick power traits and need to sacrifice some sustain so it's not too strong but not too weak either.

    Here is my list of characters i got so far:

    Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.