What balances do you think are coming soon? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

What balances do you think are coming soon?

Comments

• Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭

@wux.7314 said:
    I hope they nerf condition damage as a whole TBH. I'm getting pretty bored of using condi builds and also fighting other ppl using them... every death recap involves conditions as the top damaging skills.

I hope you realize that people use condition builds because the direct damage got lowered quite handily and now some specs happen to be literally impervious to direct dmg unless heavily outnumbered so.....any nerf to condition dmg must bring nerf to the sustain of some specs : prot holo- necro in general(death carapace), revenant I'd say also...yeah I may forget something but you get the idea, any nerf to condi build will require some "butchering" of your builds too because otherwise we'd really sink into the worst bunker meta to date

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Risk: Very slow melee class a slow-moving monster who can take a hit, if you take out the dmg and sustain you got a target dummy.

oh yeah, reaper is so slow. Oh wait, perma swiftness with speed runes and two teleports and a dash :)

Without quickness the reaper attacks would be super slow, so unless they actually make reaper shroud attack faster but without quickness, it would be simply too slow.

Also, anyone can abuse those speed runes, because without it reaper is really friggin slow, and I mean really slow. It's not like guardians can't use it, and rumor has it they are very slow but they too have a ton of sustain with dmg combined. Take a look at who is being complained about most right now: holosmith and guardian, and guardian has had some broken stuff for a while now. Who is it exactly who do people complain about with condis? that's right, condition revs and burn guardians.

Also, teleports? really? Nec has really limited teleport compared to other classes, and you going to go after them? Isn't it kinda unfair to say a class is mobile because a rune that everyone can use?

Don't forget reaper shroud A: acts as both defense and attack, so if you drain it, they are vulnerable for 10S which unlike guardians can have access to their sustain and attack immediately. 10 seconds is an eternity in a battle of being vulnerable. It would be like complaining about Tempest overload and forgetting it has an actual cast time and you need to be within melee range to use it and makes you very vulnerable to attacks.

I guess if you had it your way Reaper would do no damage and stand there and die as a target dummy right?

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

• Tharan.9085Tharan.9085 Member ✭✭✭

@Axl.8924 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Risk: Very slow melee class a slow-moving monster who can take a hit, if you take out the dmg and sustain you got a target dummy.

oh yeah, reaper is so slow. Oh wait, perma swiftness with speed runes and two teleports and a dash :)

Without quickness the reaper attacks would be super slow, so unless they actually make reaper shroud attack faster but without quickness, it would be simply too slow.

Also, anyone can abuse those speed runes, because without it reaper is really friggin slow, and I mean really slow. It's not like guardians can't use it, and rumor has it they are very slow but they too have a ton of sustain with dmg combined. Take a look at who is being complained about most right now: holosmith and guardian, and guardian has had some broken stuff for a while now. Who is it exactly who do people complain about with condis? that's right, condition revs and burn guardians.

Also, teleports? really? Nec has really limited teleport compared to other classes, and you going to go after them? Isn't it kinda unfair to say a class is mobile because a rune that everyone can use?

Don't forget reaper shroud A: acts as both defense and attack, so if you drain it, they are vulnerable for 10S which unlike guardians can have access to their sustain and attack immediately. 10 seconds is an eternity in a battle of being vulnerable. It would be like complaining about Tempest overload and forgetting it has an actual cast time and you need to be within melee range to use it and makes you very vulnerable to attacks.

I guess if you had it your way Reaper would do no damage and stand there and die as a target dummy right?

I play reaper quite a lot and can say that it is pretty mobile, you can even use a big part of the dash without using lifeforce. Guardian can't run speed runes bc how tf is it supposed to get swiftness? Both teleports are incredible good btw

@Axl.8924 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

God forbid powerful attacks are actually slow to land....why don't I get churning earth with 1/2s cast time then?

"An inexorable force on the battlefield, the reaper empowers itself enough to wield a cleaving greatsword to harvest its foes. Slow and hard-hitting, these deadly combatants call out the impending doom of their enemies with piercing shouts. Upon accumulating sufficient life force, they can enter the reaper’s shroud, a deadly form that grants them a dark scythe of malevolent energy and the abilities to match it. Capable of heavily afflicting their victims with chill and other conditions, the reaper wades into melee receiving and dealing blows knowing nothing can save its foes!"

Reaper was supposed to be slow for a very good reason the damage is incredibly high, higher than even a berseker while having 4x the sustain, now we have a death carapace =600 toughness perma swifness dashing mobile fortress dealing upward 9k crits on medium armor targets

Reaper is not flying under the radar, the playerbase has noticed it.....another can of worms only waiting to be opened but this playerbase too hung up on revs to fully pay attention to Death carapace reapers + perma swiftness and quickness access.

Eventually we'll get there just remember that Reaper is not flying under the radar at all

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Arheundel.6451 said:
    death carapace =600 toughness

Been over 3 months since this was changed

edited June 29, 2020

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

God forbid powerful attacks are actually slow to land....why don't I get churning earth with 1/2s cast time then?

"An inexorable force on the battlefield, the reaper empowers itself enough to wield a cleaving greatsword to harvest its foes. Slow and hard-hitting, these deadly combatants call out the impending doom of their enemies with piercing shouts. Upon accumulating sufficient life force, they can enter the reaper’s shroud, a deadly form that grants them a dark scythe of malevolent energy and the abilities to match it. Capable of heavily afflicting their victims with chill and other conditions, the reaper wades into melee receiving and dealing blows knowing nothing can save its foes!"

Reaper was supposed to be slow for a very good reason the damage is incredibly high, higher than even a berseker while having 4x the sustain, now we have a death carapace =600 toughness perma swifness dashing mobile fortress dealing upward 9k crits on medium armor targets

Reaper is not flying under the radar, the playerbase has noticed it.....another can of worms only waiting to be opened but this playerbase too hung up on revs to fully pay attention to Death carapace reapers + perma swiftness and quickness access.

Eventually we'll get there just remember that Reaper is not flying under the radar at all

If you dont know what you are talking about then dont talk please.
    First of all deaths carapace doesnt give 600 toughness, but rather 300.Sec of all you wont have perma 30 stacks, more to about 20-25 making it less then half of what you are saying, and thirdly nobody good runs that line for reasons, and most importantly not a reaper.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Death's_Carapace
    At best you're a silver mesmer main , for the last time stop embarrassing yourself by quoting my posts, you clearly know 1/4 of what you assume to know..and pls at the very least try to read the comments properly, the post says perma swiftness and nowhere it says perma death carapace...begone for the last time!

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Balance involves more than PvP in this game..read my post above

• Exci.6724Exci.6724 Member ✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Does pvp have higher carapace stack maximum? March nerfed pvp's version to +10 per stack, so assumingly it would be 300 maximum.
    I haven't seen any meta builds with Death Magic since then (or ever).

edited June 29, 2020

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Balance involves more than PvP in this game..read my post above

I read it but still don't get the point..its the PvP section so most, if not all, things here would/should pertain to PvP.

Secondly you try to discredit @Leonidrex.5649 but they are right. Their first point, it doesn't give 600 toughness rather 300, is true relevant to where you are currently posting and has been since the 4th of March. If the point is well it gives 600 in other modes then cool, stuns do damage in other modes and coefficients are higher, some things have different ICD or even values that change the trait...point being..none of them are PvP so aren't relevant to the current area being discussed. Their second point is also valid when you read your post..because you say 600 which always assumes max stacks. Their last point, nobody really runs DM anymore, is also pretty valid since its nerf the opportunity cost to take it isnt great. As a reaper you have 1 spare traitline since you have to take soul reaping because everything it provides can't really be passed up on reaper.

I don't see the need for the personal attacks when the things they brought up, were quoting, and were questioning are technically correct where you're wrong.

The thread is about overall balance first of all and I am talking about balance and I don't care about the necro police coming after me, I dealt with all "profession police departments" and I am still here stating the truth and that's why people come on me with personal attacks!

@Leonidrex.5469
    If you dont know what you are talking about then dont talk please

That's a personal attack out of the blue and pure spite, I tend to ignore these individuals..but at I had to correct him (again like always) for others to see . Secondly the state of reaper is anything but balanced even in PvP and I consider necro as being far worst to face than a revenant....you can go and fight a bad revenant with a core ele...you can't even defeat a bad necro by comparison while playing a core ele : you need actually effort to overcome a badly played necro

It's the idea that I need to put ""effort" to beat the bads of a particular class that shed light on the actual problem here : too much reward for the level of skill required to play a necro atm.

Lastly...yes http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSA4BYB0AA reapers do run death magic...so far necro mains stated they don't run : blood magic..or death magic...unbelievable such liars

edited June 29, 2020

@Sigmoid.7082

Let me add that I have already shown on this forum where I stand with screenshots and the likes, people like @Leonidrex.5649 should stop acting some TOP 3 God of PvP on this forum when all all he played so far are chronobunker and condi mirage for a couple of years

• HotDelirium.7984HotDelirium.7984 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020

Can we not act like they've personally pooped in our cereal? Thanks. They have, over the years attempted to optimize each profession with varying results. I appreciate the efforts. They also adjusted a few items with the UI. I still have to use ARCdps to get rid of the huge damage numbers that obscure the action so if they could add that option that would be appreciated. I do still think that all the traits that are unselectable should be universal in their applications to the profession instead of niche. I expect them to change the shatters of mirage as well.

@HotDelirium.7984 said:
    Can we not act like they've personally pooped in our cereal? Thanks. They have, over the years attempted to optimize each profession with varying results. I appreciate the efforts. They also adjusted a few items with the UI. I still have to use ARCdps to get rid of the huge damage numbers that obscure the action so if they could add that option that would be appreciated. I do still think that all the traits that are unselectable should be universal in their applications to the profession instead of niche. I expect them to change the shatters of mirage as well.

They're not trying to optimize each profession...they merely try to please the playerbase and that gives different results than what it should really be, when you design a class/spec to have weaknesses and then you cave in and remove those weaknesses...that's not optimization that's powercreeping.

• jsp.6912jsp.6912 Member ✭✭✭

rev need some nerf
    for the condi build it's need a sustain nerf like demonic defiance
    power build need small damage nerf

holo grenade have to be nerf
    condi thief have to be nerf
    necro need to have a nerf of his life force regen
    rez skill like glyph ele need to have a longer cd

up a bit warrior and mesmer and other trash thing on other class and it's ok7

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

First of all deaths carapace doesnt give 600 toughness, but rather 300.Sec of all you wont have perma 30 stacks, more to about 20-25 making it less then half of what you are saying, and thirdly nobody good runs that line for reasons, and most importantly not a reaper.

At best you're a silver mesmer main , for the last time stop embarrassing yourself by quoting my posts, you clearly know 1/4 of what you assume to know..and pls at the very least try to read the comments properly, the post says perma swiftness and nowhere it says perma death carapace...begone for the last time!

what is wrong with you man? I pointed out you are wrong and instead of admitting you made a mistake you not only insult me but also go further up into lies.
    +10 Toughness per stack in PvP
    max stacks 30. 30x10=300
    its as simple as that, go on. make another witty insult towards me, go ahead

@Leonidrex.5469

This is a personal attack, treat people like you'd like to be treated...without using demeaning language

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

what is wrong with you man? I pointed out you are wrong and instead of admitting you made a mistake you not only insult me but also go further up into lies.
    +10 Toughness per stack in PvP
    max stacks 30. 30x10=300
    its as simple as that, go on. make another witty insult towards me, go ahead

@Leonidrex.5469

This is a personal attack, treat people like you'd like to be treated...without using demeaning language

I am, if im wrong correct me

edited June 29, 2020

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Reaper was supposed to be slow for a very good reason the damage is incredibly high, higher than even a berserker while having 4x the sustain, now we have a **death carapace =600 toughness Perma swiftness dashing mobile fortress dealing upward 9k crits on medium armor targets

Reaper is not flying under the radar, the playerbase has noticed it.....another can of worms only waiting to be opened but this playerbase too hung up on revs to fully pay attention to Death carapace reapers + Perma swiftness and quickness access.

What leonidrex said is true. And also quickness is what helps reapers slow attacks land.

I heard comparisons of the reaper with warriors, but attacks are at times clunky to land. There is a reason why more noticeable folks in nec community want quickness replaced with actual speed on the attacks, because what good is an attack if you cannot land it due to how slow it is? Being too slow is too punishing for landing a blow.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Reaper was supposed to be slow for a very good reason the damage is incredibly high, higher than even a berserker while having 4x the sustain, now we have a **death carapace =600 toughness Perma swiftness dashing mobile fortress dealing upward 9k crits on medium armor targets

Reaper is not flying under the radar, the playerbase has noticed it.....another can of worms only waiting to be opened but this playerbase too hung up on revs to fully pay attention to Death carapace reapers + Perma swiftness and quickness access.

What leonidrex said is true. And also quickness is what helps reapers slow attacks land.

I heard comparisons of the reaper with warriors, but attacks are at times clunky to land. There is a reason why more noticeable folks in nec community want quickness replaced with actual speed on the attacks, because what good is an attack if you cannot land it due to how slow it is? Being too slow is too punishing for landing a blow.

Some skills in this game are slow to land for a very good reason and necro is not the only class having them. The damage of these skills is so high that the slow cast animation is warranted otherwise I don't see why ,this ability to bypass the original design of skills, is not extended to other professions.

Give quickness spam to an ele and let's see if the "community" like to be insta downed by a churning earth or be totalized by a couple of Dragon's tooth

@Leonidrex.5649 said:
    @Arheundel.6451
    the reason I told you to not talk about things you have no clue about is since you HIGHLITED the part that is wrong yourself.
    The main point you tried to make is wrong, and you didnt even cared to correct it, and instead called me silver.
    I remain with what I have said, good reaper wont run death magic, they can survive without it and get much more damage.

The point was the overall balance of the game and if you want to consider only the PvP..go on and do that, in the end the original point remains : right now we have a relatively mobile high HP fortress dealing crit levels of dmg comparable to pre-patch Arcing slice.

Dropping spite in favor of Death merely reduce the dmg overall by 2-3k in worst case scenarios, we're still talking about 3-4k crit dmg hits on targets with as much as 1800 toughness which should equal to 2900 armor.....that's hardly the sacrifice

The spec was granted that level of dmg because of the supposed lack of mobility and then all of that changed with speed runes, quickness trait etc etc

We have reached a point where the spec is barely weak to great ranged pressure and when played at mediocre levels, why some professions get to have so much sustain without doing anything other than move around

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020

@Arheundel.6451 @Leonidrex.5649

Please, take this to a private room k thanks.

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭

@jsp.6912 said:

Disagree, all it needs is a more obvious sign of when Ele is casting it and it's good, It's easy to get the Res when all 5 people are in coms like in MOTA, but in standard ranked 5v5, Glyph is harder to use since your team mate could port or mist away or the enemy team could push or knockback the down while ele is casting Glyph aswell as using CC in what people have called the 'CC meta' and you have stopped the Res.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@jsp.6912 said:

Disagree, all it needs is a more obvious sign of when Ele is casting it and it's good, It's easy to get the Res when all 5 people are in coms like in MOTA, but in standard ranked 5v5, Glyph is harder to use since your team mate could port or mist away or the enemy team could push or knockback the down while ele is casting Glyph aswell as using CC in what people have called the 'CC meta' and you have stopped the Res.

If anything its harder to stop glyph in ranked, who can actually interrupt it. especially since you have to rupt it twice, and dont even get me when someone precasts it.
    I played with illusion of life on mesmer, and its a same story, nobody can really interrupt it realistically. You can also defend the interrupt with stab, reflect auras, shocking auras and kiting.
    What they need to do is make it hover over your head like signets do. AND stop it from resetting interrupt cd when attunement is swapped.
    In real game only thief can reliably deny it, due to instacast steal that removes stab and quick cast headshot. Other then that mb mesmer with blink+f3 but only if no shock aura/stab

• Terrorhuz.4695Terrorhuz.4695 Member ✭✭✭

I want more warrior\mesmer nerfs. I need to see how deep the rabbit hole can go.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1. Revenant will be nerfed into the ground, and will be worthless. Condi will be smashed and power will have its damage and scaling cut by 50% because everyone seems to hate the class, and A-net have always had an aversion to it so might as well kill it. Might give you a free character of your choice to swap all your kitten too and just delete the kitten thing from the character pool for all we know.
    2. Warrior will get nerfed, can't have it be too strong gotta let guardians be the true soldier class.
    3. Guardian will be buffed
    4. messmer will be dinked with in some weird way that makes no sense.
    5. Necromancer will get gutted
    6. Ele will get buffed
    7. Engineer will be buffed
    8. Ranger will have pets get smacked to worthlessness but have its own kit be brought up to god like levels to compensate.
    9. Thieves will get all the stuff removed from revenant because revenant is "A tHiEf WiTh nO StEaLtH" and everyone wants thief to be beyond S-tier
    10. More mount-skins
    11. maybe some more capes, idk.

I honestly have no faith that they wont unalive any class I play. As a rev main I feel the blade coming for my neck, and as my warrior is likely going to be nerfed too I might just have to dip outta the game. I don't like where ranger is or how it plays right now and the rest have never once reached me on a level of care, like Im very picky with the classes here. I just don't like their design.... which is hilarious as I played everything in WoW and liked their classes; I guess its just that the classes here are a mess and only cater to like 1 niche in how they function. Pretty sure Ill end up being that person who comes back for the episode, plays it gets the rewards then dips out until the next one as I Wait for the expansion to hopefully give us new E-specs so Im not stuck with the garbo we have.

• Jeran.6850Jeran.6850 Member ✭✭

For ele, lightning rod will not deal damage or weakness, instead it will give one sec of regeneration on interrupt, to encourage ele to invest in the water line, and healing power.

If youre are an aura support tempest, be prepared: you will not be able to share auras, and every aura you can evoke, will know be altered to frost aura, and frost aura will give only 3% damage mitigation... as that makes perfect sense - because now "spammable".

For weaver, stability on #3 skill, no matter how difficult it is to get access to when you actually need it, will be removed. Instead, you gain regeneration. 1 sec. Because, wiki says, ele is the class with highest amount of stabitity. And because ele should be encouraged to invest in the water line, and healing power.

Furthermore, weaver will lose any barrier access, gaining regeneration instead. The balance team is undecided right now about the the duration, but will have an close eye in resamblance of pvps cele-ele in 2013.

...meanwile, the notes for ranger.:"All command skills will know be stunbreaks. Command skills provide 6 sec of protection and 8k barrier, additionally to their other effects."

• to encourage more risky play.

sword range will be reduced to 60 units, to compensate the massive evade spam. In addition, sword will have any condi application removed, compensated by a 3% chance to imply 2 sec of bleed on critical (internal cooldown: 8 seconds, and only against one opponent within the intervall once triggered).

Blinding ashes (a grandmaster trait in the fire traitline, for the people not knowing) will be removed to not keep it in awfull passive state, and turned into the following:
    provides 5 seconds of swiftness when critically hitting someone with mainhand dagger, double attuned to air, #3 skills shocking aura, interrupting someone unable to see the obvious visual tell. This new grandmaster will also be reallocated to the earthline, to correspond better with your new chance to apply bleed on crititical hit with sword weaver. Internal cd: 300seconds to not make the hole class to overpowered with this almost insane buff to an already op class. Yes, only with dagger mainhand on sword weaver, because why not.

The grandmaster trait in fire where blinding ashes once had been.. hm, i
    dont know.
    Maybe some, i dont know... like some, hm... hey, maybe... i really hope im not asking for to much right now....but... we maybe can gain not only 1 sec of regeneration maybe, but 5 (!) hole seconds of the precious regenation boon - if someone else picks up our fiery greatsword??

But i dont want to sound greedy, its all up to you, Arenanet.

Well...thats not even funny to me, to close to reality .

• Jeran.6850Jeran.6850 Member ✭✭

Oh, i used a wrong word again, silly german person that i am. It should be possibility instead of reality, in the last sentence.
    Sorry...

• Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭

Kek, do it. Nerf Condi Rev, aka kill Herald. No amount of nerf is going to fix the mistakes people do when fighting one.

Willing to help with anything Revenant related.

• Bast.7253Bast.7253 Member ✭✭✭✭

Whatever the changes are they won't make the game mode any better. Right now we have 2+ necros every match, condi revs, and condi thieves taking the stage but even if they do something about those the builds that would otherwise be way overperforming like grenade spamming holos that need their damage nerfed will just wind up dominating again. Then it will be another 6 months until we get a patch fixing those.

If they make any changes I think they will castrate rev, MAYBE touch condi thief again, do some weird unnecessary changes to mesmer to further destroy it, and buff Engi and Warrior. Except the buff to engi will be written as though it's a nerf, but leads to something else being exploited to its fullest and being 10 times worse.

I really think warrior is going to see a lot of changes and become king after this next patch. That's not wishful thinking because I don't even play warrior, just a gut feeling.

• NorthernRedStar.3054NorthernRedStar.3054 Member ✭✭✭✭

They should remove duoq.

• @mortrialus.3062 said:
    Engineer, thief, necro, and mesmer nerfs. Warrior gets a bone thrown it's way. Revenant untouched.

I skimmed through the latest "Let's Play WvW" on Twitch and the one class CMC straight up said is getting touched was Rev. And no I'm not pranking you like you did all of us few months back :lol:

@mortrialus.3062 said:
    Nothing serious is happening to rev. The devs don't think it's over powered, just that the best players favor rev, and the best players tend to win.

Hypothetically, what would you nerf without killing the class. Because a Rev (More like Herald only) success often depends on how reckless it's opponents are.

All I'm ever seeing is complains that are easily circumvented given the players care enough to pay attention.

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2020

@Shao.7236 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:
    Nothing serious is happening to rev. The devs don't think it's over powered, just that the best players favor rev, and the best players tend to win.

Hypothetically, what would you nerf without killing the class. Because a Rev (More like Herald only) success often depends on how reckless it's opponents are.

All I'm ever seeing is complains that are easily circumvented given the players care enough to pay attention.

If you're a condition player there's no circumventing Infused Light. It's a catch 22, you either do enough damage to pressure them into using Infused Light undoing all of the damage you have done and your conditions are about to do, or you just don't do damage to them, at which point you might as well not fight and just go elsewhere. It was less of an issue when damage values were at a point where even with a full Infused Light heal your damage output could still overwhelm them before it when off cooldown.

There's no real fix except undoing the abomination that was the megabalance.

Nothing serious is happening to Rev, because as we all know rev is a class favored by only the best of players and the best players tend to win, so sayeth the High Priest of Balance Lord CMC His Holiness.

Best Dressed Memser NA.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

If you're a condition player there's no circumventing Infused Light. It's a catch 22, you either do enough damage to pressure them into using Infused Light undoing all of the damage you have done and your conditions are about to do, or you just don't do damage to them, at which point you might as well not fight and just go elsewhere. It was less of an issue when damage values were at a point where even with a full Infused Light heal your damage output could still overwhelm them before it when off cooldown.

Nothing serious is happening to Rev, because as we all know rev is a class favored by only the best of players and the best players tend to win, so sayeth the High Priest of Balance Lord CMC His Holiness.

Poison does reduce it's efficiency though, tickling sure is better than blasting through the options. That was honestly the premise of dealing with any in the first place, by saying that you could simply mash through was the core issue of the game before hand for any professions before and the reason why people were complaining to no end, with that saying it means that if we take care of one problem, we get another because Anet did remove a lot of power creep.

@Shao.7236 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Poison does reduce it's efficiency though, tickling sure is better than blasting through the options. That was honestly the premise of dealing with any in the first place, by saying that you could simply mash through was the core issue of the game before hand for any professions before and the reason why people were complaining to no end, with that saying it means that if we take care of one problem, we get another because Anet did remove a lot of power creep.

Tickling will never out DPS the Mallyx heal, which means they will never need to use Infuse Light. If you've done enough damage to scare him into using Infused Light he's going to heal to full regardless of if poison is on him. There's also classes like Condition Mesmer that has garbage weapon skills in terms of damage output that rely on a 24 second cooldown Cry of Frustration for lethal damage. There's no capacity to tickling at all on that build. That class:s damage is literally not designed around it.

Best Dressed Memser NA.

• HotDelirium.7984HotDelirium.7984 Member ✭✭✭
    1. More mount-skins
    2. maybe some more capes, idk.

As much as I like a little side-shade thrown towards skins heehee I have to safely assume that they pump them out not only because it creates more opportunities for revenue but that its relatively easier content to generate. Let's not demonize them too much for that.

• Tycura.1982Tycura.1982 Member ✭✭✭

None because they don't care

edited June 30, 2020

@cptaylor.2670 said:
    Whatever the changes are they won't make the game mode any better. Right now we have 2+ necros every match, condi revs, and condi thieves taking the stage but even if they do something about those the builds that would otherwise be way overperforming like grenade spamming holos that need their damage nerfed will just wind up dominating again. Then it will be another 6 months until we get a patch fixing those.

If they make any changes I think they will castrate rev, MAYBE touch condi thief again, do some weird unnecessary changes to mesmer to further destroy it, and buff Engi and Warrior. Except the buff to engi will be written as though it's a nerf, but leads to something else being exploited to its fullest and being 10 times worse.

I really think warrior is going to see a lot of changes and become king after this next patch. That's not wishful thinking because I don't even play warrior, just a gut feeling.

They should focus def on holosmith scrapper and rev, since they are problematic, and hopefully not touch too much core engi so it doesn-t end up gutted but hit holosmith. Don-t want poor engis to be angry and quit the game because they become trash tier. its possible that its only a small problem for scrapper and another small so hopefully they don-t gut scrapper and holo either.

Some skills in this game are slow to land for a very good reason and necro is not the only class having them. The damage of these skills is so high that the slow cast animation is warranted otherwise I don't see why ,this ability to bypass the original design of skills, is not extended to other professions.

Give quickness spam to an ele and let's see if the "community" like to be insta downed by a churning earth or be totalized by a couple of Dragon's tooth

But did you know why reaper was given quickness? it has to do with some attacks in reaper shroud itself.

@Axl.8924 said:

@cptaylor.2670 said:

They should focus def on holosmith scrapper and rev, since they are problematic, and hopefully not touch too much core engi so it doesn-t end up gutted but hit holosmith. Don-t want poor engis to be angry and quit the game because they become trash tier. its possible that its only a small problem for scrapper and another small so hopefully they don-t gut scrapper and holo either.

But did you know why reaper was given quickness? it has to do with some attacks in reaper shroud itself.

People climbed to Legendary on Power Reaper in PoF before Reaper's Onslaught was changed to add permanent quickness.

Best Dressed Memser NA.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Tickling will never out DPS the Mallyx heal, which means they will never need to use Infuse Light. If you've done enough damage to scare him into using Infused Light he's going to heal to full regardless of if poison is on him. There's also classes like Condition Mesmer that has garbage weapon skills in terms of damage output that rely on a 24 second cooldown Cry of Frustration for lethal damage. There's no capacity to tickling at all on that build. That class:s damage is literally not designed around it.

I've seen condi mesmers disarm and throw off Mallyx easily with Domination and Arcane Thievery, maybe because they knew when to boon rip. It's not like it's hard when 90% of resistance is the first in line. I boon rip heralds on Mallyx without the resistance trait for fun and they die relatively quick with the right timing, never have energy to be offensive either.

You can wish for nerfs to it, doesn't affect me. Will in fact make the job easier since I always switch my habits around, however I still think they aren't a problem.

edited June 30, 2020

@Shao.7236 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

I've seen condi mesmers disarm and throw off Mallyx easily with Domination and Arcane Thievery, maybe because they knew when to boon rip. It's not like it's hard when 90% of resistance is the first in line. I boon rip heralds on Mallyx without the resistance trait for fun and they die relatively quick with the right timing, never have energy to be offensive either.

You can wish for nerfs to it, doesn't affect me. Will in fact make the job easier since I always switch my habits around, however I still think they aren't a problem.

Domination condi mesmer can rip resistance but doesn't have the DPS to finish the kill on it's own hence when it did see any play it was as a +1 roamer with Portal and not a 1v1 duelist.

Best Dressed Memser NA.

@Shao.7236 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

If you play a game with crev and cmes, cmes will be a better player. period. thats why they can kill crev, not due to them being hard counter.
    Rev doesnt have to survive due to resistance, they can do what everyone else does and simply avoid the burst with dodges/blocks, and even if they fail IL is there.
    mesmer chip damage is too low for rev sustain anyways. what you see is kitten rev that got hard carried by the build lose to cmes 1trick.
    When you put equally good mes and rev, then no amounts of resist ripping will make mesmer kill the rev.

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Shao.7236 said:
    Kek, do it. Nerf Condi Rev, aka kill Herald. No amount of nerf is going to fix the mistakes people do when fighting one.

vs power rev, I with a condi build
    1) Reflected shiro heal
    2) Baited glint heal, twice
    3) Dodged shiro f2
    4) CCed sword 3 once

And then they did sword pve rotation on me and I died cuz no more defenses.

Condi rev? Just /sleep on node until your holo +1s. Killing a crev is only about rotations, there is no build except condi mirage that can kill it 1v1.

Revenant is currently S tier, as a class. Not all builds are S but most of them are S or A.

edited June 30, 2020

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@cptaylor.2670 said:

People climbed to Legendary on Power Reaper in PoF before Reaper's Onslaught was changed to add permanent quickness.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/86148/reaper-sucks-kitten-whats-new

Remember this?

necro as a whole was rough around the edges for a long time and suffered in solo queue. It was better pre pof because pof brought too much power creep give it a rest will you pls? classes during pof with power creep kept necro down and stuff was not in order. If you think to be able to down someone with the amount of sustain necro has, then you must not be playing the game at all, or not playing necro. Being able to be downed in seconds due to extreme damage power creep across the board prevented necros from being able to function well, even in a group environment they needed extreme amounts of babysitting to survive.

How about this?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/50099/1-shot-soulbeast-an-example-of-the-worst-balance

In what way is nec or even reaper supposed to survive a meta that was like this in the past with cheap 1shot builds with way more mobility evades sustain? wonder why nec and reaper complained about it in the past? because their toughness meant nothing Reaper shroud could be 1 shouted in the past and they could get destroyed in like 2 seconds.

This proves that reaper wasn't doing that well in the previous meta compared to now, and how because of the mechanics of others vs theirs, they were underperforming.

let's not forget also that one of those broken classes that everyone complained about was mesmer, specifically PU mess with infinite sustain and dmg mirage as well condi which was way overpowered and actually won most of the time and in fact, mesmers were champions in multiple areas and top tier PVP and stacked.

And if you don't think those counter nec hard, well they in fact do. Anything with a lot of power mobility and blocks/evades and teleports can hard counter nec super hard and they did.

Even holosmith hardcountered reaper due to mobility and dmg even thief with both deadeye and core at one point before nerfs countered nec hard.

Rangers Thieves mesmers warriors in some builds. Anything with the capability of good mobility and ranged could easily hard counter nec and one of those said classes is mesmers because they were not only legendary in terms of being slippery but also very hard-hitting.

• jsp.6912jsp.6912 Member ✭✭✭

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:
    They should remove duoq.

just find friends

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Shao.7236 said:

vs power rev, I with a condi build
    1) Reflected shiro heal
    2) Baited glint heal, twice
    3) Dodged shiro f2
    4) CCed sword 3 once

And then they did sword pve rotation on me and I died cuz no more defenses.

Condi rev? Just /sleep on node until your holo +1s. Killing a crev is only about rotations, there is no build except condi mirage that can kill it 1v1.

Revenant is currently S tier, as a class. Not all builds are S but most of them are S or A.

Core Revenant whether Power or Condi can dispatch Herald Condi, lot more unblockables or Boon rip available, it's the same chore without having to wait for much other than Infuse Light.

It honestly impresses me that people still don't use escape on Staff as Power, it's not meant to be offensive with anyway and one of the reason why they die.