Mad king clock tower

edj.9620

Just seeing if anyone is having the same issue I am with this dumb puzzle. Is anyone else getting to the very end of it, letting the lighting hit the clock and breaking it open and then bouncing off the hole and then falling into the void? I played for 2 hours today and had it never let me finish the puzzle. Just bounce off the open hole and fall into the green death. Its freaking annoying. I tech beat like 20 times today.

@Veprovina.4876 said:How do you even get to that part anyway? I jump perfectly and then the bottom just somehow catches up to me and i can't make one jump because it sinks into the bottom. What the hell? Annoying puzzle and the worst part is, it's required for the armor piece.

Yeah having a jumping puzzle where the creator specifically stated that "only about 5% of players will ever finish it" tied to the Halloween armour set is... moronic, to say the least...

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:How do you even get to that part anyway? I jump perfectly and then the bottom just somehow catches up to me and i can't make one jump because it sinks into the bottom. What the hell? Annoying puzzle and the worst part is, it's required for the armor piece.

Yeah having a jumping puzzle where the creator specifically stated that "only about 5% of players will ever finish it" tied to the Halloween armour set is... moronic, to say the least...

Seriously? They said that and then made it requred for a set anyway?

I can't even...

@cafard.8953 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Annoying puzzle and the worst part is, it's required for the armor piece.

No it's not. It's just a way to get an armour piece for free. All 18 armour pieces are craftable, you can buy the recipes from the vendor west of the mystic forge.

It's required for an achievement...That happens to give you the piece but still... And i believe that achievement ties to another one, i could be wrong though.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@cafard.8953 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Annoying puzzle and the worst part is, it's required for the armor piece.

No it's not. It's just a way to get an armour piece for free. All 18 armour pieces are craftable, you can buy the recipes from the vendor west of the mystic forge.

It's required for an achievement...

Which grants 5APs and an armour piece that you can craft. So you're only missing out on the 5APs. The achievement isn't part of the Mad Memoires upgrades, only the armour pieces are.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@cafard.8953 said:

It's required for an achievement...That happens to give you the piece but still... And i believe that achievement ties to another one, i could be wrong though.

but you wrote it is required for the armor set, which isn't.For the achievement, yes.

Don't hesitate and worry too much about falling, you can always try it again.

I think the best strategy to learning this JP:

• Zoom out to at least 3/4, it slows things down
  • Completely ignore the other players, its not a race with them
  • Never wait, you must always be moving
  • Take the same path each time, pick spots to jump from/to and use the same ones each time, that way you don't have to think as much during the JP
  • Ignore the chests on the way to the top
  • Near the top there are 2 routes to the top (about 4 if you mix them up). Take the lower one.

For practice, do these JP's as fast as you can without stopping ... Spekk's Laboratory in Caledon Forest or Coddlers Cove in Timberline falls

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@cafard.8953 said:

but you wrote it is required for the armor set, which isn't.For the achievement, yes.

I miswrote.

@Seriously.7953 said:

Don't hesitate and worry too much about falling, you can always try it again.

I think the best strategy to learning this JP:
  • Zoom out to at least 3/4, it slows things down
  • Completely ignore the other players, its not a race with them
  • Never wait, you must always be moving
  • Take the same path each time, pick spots to jump from/to and use the same ones each time, that way you don't have to think as much during the JP
  • Ignore the chests on the way to the top
  • Near the top there are 2 routes to the top (about 4 if you mix them up). Take the lower one.

Thanks. I'll try it again for a few days but my buggest problem is that i play a charr and no matter where i put the camera, i can't see where i'm going and the camera gets stuck on the above floating pieces making it do that zoom in behind the back thing making me fail.

And on top of that it's like running on ice, no matter where i think i jump, the game has a different idea where the actual charr character center is and i slip off.

I'm not even mad about the armor, it gives boots, big deal, i'll craft them or i'll do without them, but i want to finish it once to actually see the content.

Imho, the main tip is to get a quick start after the first pause at the top of the stairs. That's the most critical part of the run I find, as that's when any slowdown is difficult to recover. On the video below, that's the section from 0m32s to 0m48s:

The main bits are:

• start from the main platform and not on the higher small one.
  • on the "staircase" part, only climb the first two steps then jump right to the flat platform
  • from that platform, jump directly to the blocks ahead, don't waste time walking the plank alongside
  • from those blocks, jump directly onto the gear

This should give you enough leeway to get the next few jumps without the mist catching up on you. From there the various parts have you climb quick enough so occasional slowdowns aren't as lethal. The only platform you might need to leave ASAP is the one with the chest you jump down to, but once you left it, again, the climb is quick enough.

Thanks. I'll try it again for a few days but my buggest problem is that i play a charr and no matter where i put the camera, i can't see where i'm going and the camera gets stuck on the above floating pieces making it do that zoom in behind the back thing making me fail.

That makes it more difficult, I'd create a new human character just for doing JP's. Not sure it will help much on a Charr, but you can try removing all your armor before doing the JP.

@Seriously.7953 said:

That makes it more difficult, I'd create a new human character just for doing JP's. Not sure it will help much on a Charr, but you can try removing all your armor before doing the JP.

I have light armor on, the armor isn't the problem, the size of the character and the camera is. Also that zoom in thing the camera does, lust like in the video cafard posted. On the human character it's not such a nig problem, but on a charr, all i can see in that second is my character's glorious back and nothing else.

Is there a way to disable the camera doing that? I hate it in open world and fractals, but here it's maximum annoying.

If the camera repositioning due to objects is your problem, then I'd actually recommend NOT zooming out all the way. I always run the JP pretty close to my character (1 "click" out from the closest possible zoom for Asura / Sylvari, 2 "clicks" out for Charr) and I don't get any issues with camera zoom mid-jumps. The camera needs to reposition when an object gets between you and the camera itself, and there's less chance of that happening if you have the camera closer to you to begin with.

@Seriously.7953 said:

As a bad jumper and a fellow char, you also might consider one of the Quagan tonics.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Seriously.7953 said:

As a bad jumper and a fellow char, you also might consider one of the Quagan tonics.

There's performance supplements for Jumping puzzles? :smiley:I don't want to be accused of substance abuse. :sweat_smile:Seriously, what tonics? :tongue:

I thought transformation tonics slow you down or something.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Seriously.7953 said:

Or the Endless Miniature Tonic.

Archived