Monsters inside the Dragon Bash Arena — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Monsters inside the Dragon Bash Arena

Please change the Dragon Bash Arena! Place the small monsters to drop pieces of zaithaffy, it is very tedious and sickening to be fighting inside without getting any drops from those mobs. Was that too much to ask?

Comments

• lummuss.6850lummuss.6850 Member ✭✭

The chance and amount of drop didn't have to be exactly like the pinatas, they could have a chance to get an amount of 0-2 pieces. In my opinion, I think it would only enrich the festival even more and attract more players, because if those monsters inside the arena dropped something, the players who would be inside would have an extra purpose, which would be to unite to defeat the greatest amount that they could. When you have more goals, everything becomes more interesting.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020

Nah they don't anymore, surely nerfed in the past. I already run like 10 complete dragon bash arena (public) and no monster drop anything. Only 1 coffer per boss.
    Wiki should be updated.
    That why I forgot about it and only farm stampedes now. Kinda stupid, stampede mobs drops, those from arena don't drop.

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

I got a Dragon Coffer from one of the mobs in the Dragon Arena.
    Perhaps, the drop rate is low.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

0 drops from 66(counting the exp gain in the log) mobs killed in the Arena

• lummuss.6850lummuss.6850 Member ✭✭

I can never drop anything from the monsters inside the dragon arena.

• Matt H.6142Matt H.6142 Member ✭✭✭

I’ll add that we should see Mordrem in the arena. Wolves, and husks. They’re native to the Iron Marshes now so it’s not a matter of spoilers to core players.

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭✭

Haven't seen Zhaitaffy drop in the arena. Only from achievements and dailies connected to them. The bosses in there do drop 1 coffer each and theres an achievement that drops 3 of them every time you kill all bosses in the arena (repeatable). If my memory serves well they have adjusted this last year halfway the event. The stampede ones should still drop it but the loot was nerfed in arena (probably gave too much for their taste as it can be farmed, farmed infinite waves after waves last years till timer ran out after 30 mins - 1 hour).

• Mauzi.5892Mauzi.5892 Member ✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020

So you can afk farm it with your necro? Nope! Loot is fine as it is. and g/hr is fine, too.
    They already removed the coffer cap. What more do you want....

@Mauzi.5892 said:
    So you can afk farm it with your necro? Nope! Loot is fine as it is. and g/hr is fine, too.

You can not if you mean literal AFK because you have to be around approximately every 15 minutes to click the switch instance button. You could automate it but that turns into a form of botting. Additionally several of the bosses have knockbacks that throws you pretty far so an AFK person could easily be thrown out of range of most stuff and stay out of range.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Mauzi.5892 said:

You can not if you mean literal AFK because you have to be around approximately every 15 minutes to click the switch instance button. You could automate it but that turns into a form of botting. Additionally several of the bosses have knockbacks that throws you pretty far so an AFK person could easily be thrown out of range of most stuff and stay out of range.

Not only bosses. Some of the hologram trash mobs have cc as well. Besides, bosses would just kill you if you were afk (they are not that weak), and you get respawned on the edge of the arena, beyond the reflect wall

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Mauzi.5892 said:

Not only bosses. Some of the hologram trash mobs have cc as well. Besides, bosses would just kill you if you were afk (they are not that weak), and you get respawned on the edge of the arena, beyond the reflect wall

I left that out because for some reason there are people who really enjoy ressing afk players ...