Condi Revenants need to be nerfed effective immediately — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Condi Revenants need to be nerfed effective immediately

aaron.7850aaron.7850 Member ✭✭✭

I just fought one and could not bring him down below 60%, meanwhile he unloaded massive amounts of burning and torment on me and no matter how much I dispelled he kept applying them to me like it was nothing.

I hear there is a balance patch coming up, so I expect the appropriate nerfs to be delivered to this broken class.

Comments

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

Try to kite em. Chain cc and pewpew when they're on Mallyx. I run double cleanse sigils.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020

Condi revs are one of the easiest professions to be countered.
    already wrote that a couple of times ....

And just btw, condi rev is only good because of the condi meta. It can handle conditions and reflect them, Nothing else.
    It is a bunker-condi-meta. What do u expect? to kill everything in seconds?

Try power , ranged , corrupts&strips etc

• hobotnicax.7918hobotnicax.7918 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020

I have a hard time losing to a condi rev as a melee soulbeast. Maybe try to fight them with that.

• RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭✭

When they leap towards you, dodge towards/through them. This stops them following up the pull with a pile of conditions. When they throw their axe at your, dodge for the same reason.

Don't let them sit on top of you in melee range, this is how you avoid the conditions from legend swap.

CC them heavily when they're in mallyx, stability and stunbreak access is poor outside of jalis. If you're a necro, wait for them to pop stability (jalis herald f2, jalis road) and then corrupt them. If they're getting stability from their road, corrupt their stab to get them off the road and then chain your CC together to keep them off of it.

Lastly, range is your friend. If you can kite them at all you can easily win.

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

@aaron.7850 said:
    I just fought one and could not bring him down below 60%, meanwhile he unloaded massive amounts of burning and torment on me and no matter how much I dispelled he kept applying them to me like it was nothing.

I hear there is a balance patch coming up, so I expect the appropriate nerfs to be delivered to this broken class.

Nah, the condition system needs to be fixed.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020

But what if I only have 1 dodge, what should I use the dodge on? Inquiring for a mirage friend of course!

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    A skill overpowered? just nerf their dodge, balanced. - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are broken. - Me

@Samug.6512 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:
    Condi revs are one of the easiest professions to be countered.
    already wrote that a couple of times ....

And just btw, condi rev is only good because of the condi meta. It can handle conditions and reflect them, Nothing else.
    It is a bunker-condi-meta. What do u expect? to kill everything in seconds?

Try power , ranged , corrupts&strips etc

So it's that easy? Just counter them? Why didn't I think of it!

just think 1minute of possible counters. If u cant even do that ,you are the problem.

Not everyone has an easy time against every class. But everyone has counter.

• I play my Zerg scrapper when roaming.. Some CC and a few hits with the hammer. Bye bye condi rev. It takes practise to kill them but they are very much killable

• ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭

@XenesisII.1540 said:
    But what if I only have 1 dodge, what should I use the dodge on? Inquiring for a mirage friend of course!

Use Jaunt.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just jaunt

• memausz.7264memausz.7264 Member ✭✭✭

It's even worse in PvP... but yeah like... if they have Ascended Food with -20% incoming condition dmg and Vitality and toughness.... and Rune of Antitoxin... good luck, brother... GOOD luck...

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Jaunt also missing an ammo count, and only use it for condi cleanse!

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    A skill overpowered? just nerf their dodge, balanced. - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are broken. - Me

• Dahir.4158Dahir.4158 Member ✭✭✭

For me, the Resistance is a big problem. They pump it out like it's nothing.

Broski Supreme - Borsk Carry Effect - Condi Ele Pioneer

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020

@aaron.7850 said:

I'm pretty sure that condi overall will be a focal target in the balance patch but I also don't expect Revenants to go anywhere really.

They are one of those really strongly designed classes with quite alot of hidden treasures in stats, traits and unique mechanics that tend to make them fairly strong contenders in whichever direction the balance takes. Not all other classes have that and are as such more prone to gimmicks that fit into certain metas better or worse. Some of that is to be expected (it requires work to address, balance is not about perfection or mirroring and some things are conceptually more gimmicky) and some of that is something that you'd ideally hope was addressed but it would require work on a design-level above a sheer balance-level. That could be a target of a balance patch (at least in a piecemeal way) but also doesn't have to be if balance itself is premiered over additional groundwork that in turn could lead to easier/better future balancing.

I believe the current balance pass is more about sheer balance and ironing out stuff from the prior groundwork, but I could be wrong.

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2020

revs got yet many hurting nerfs... i don't care about the condi variant tho, only roamers would play that anyways. nerf that stuff to the ground but give us back dps on "drop the hammer" :pensive:

with the last silly update the hammer 2 aiming system gone completely trash, hitting anything with it got so much worse :sleeping:

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

Condi Revs are actually extremely weak to Boon rips and Corruptions.

Their sole weakness is Condi, while their Mallyx gives them Resistance.

Ripping or Corrupting Resistance will make them melt extremely fast because they have rather costly gap closers which allow things like Scourge and Condi Thief to kite them to death.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

CC them.
    If they stunbreak cc them again and go crazy cause they got nothing left.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@aaron.7850 said:

WOW!

Hey ANET, @aaron.7850 fought ONE Condi Rev today, and because they couldn't beat it, Revs need NERFS...NOW!

Comedy Central, College Humour, even Jon Stewart has nothing on these forums man...lol

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2020

To be fair there are some nasty bunker options in WvW currently and most are condi but it's not like the other end of the spectrum does not exist anymore.

A full glass longbow/GS soulbeast (with tons of mobility) kills that condi rev in 10 seconds (3s of which the rev is saved by infuse light, 3s by his block, 2s by his two dodges and then 2s in which he will die).

• Vrath.1754Vrath.1754 Member ✭✭✭

@KrHome.1920 said:
    To be fair there are some nasty bunker options in WvW currently and most are condi but it's not like the other end of the spectrum does not exist anymore.

A full glass longbow/GS soulbeast (with tons of mobility) kills that condi rev in 10 seconds (3s of which the rev is saved by infuse light, 3s by his block, 2s by his two dodges and then 2s in which he will die).

Nerf soulbeast, I just fought one and could not bring him down below 60%, meanwhile he unloaded massive amounts of power damage on me and no matter how much I dodged he kept hitting me like it was nothing. ;)

• Rock- "everytime I run into paper I lose! Nerf paper!"
    You aren't supposed to win every match up. It could be a skill thing, or it could be a build/matchup thing.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

Torment needs to be nerf or revenant should have all of its torment replaced by bleed.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Kulvar.1239Kulvar.1239 Member ✭✭✭

Or maybe "You need to l2p, effective immediately." Or both.
    You may have faced a better player than you, sometimes you lose because you're not an almighty god player facing a cheat class.

@Jski.6180 said:
    Torment needs to be nerf or revenant should have all of its torment replaced by bleed.

i wish i had bleed as condi rev. Then it would do an even amount of damage, not going up and down with an very wonky damage-calculation

I think the most important thing to say in Condi Rev's defense is that it has some of the most clearly animated and telegraphed skills of all condi builds. It's a resilient and high-pressure build but it's also a pure melee fighter (unless they go Renegade for the shortbow, which means they're trading Infuse Light for the hardest-to-aim "high-risk/high-reward" skill in the game), comparable to fighting a Speed-Reaper or a Greatsword Warrior power build but with a different set of strengths and weaknesses.

Something like that should probably be dishing out somewhat better condition pressure than a "slipperier" or longer-ranged condi build.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

i wish i had bleed as condi rev. Then it would do an even amount of damage, not going up and down with an very wonky damage-calculation

It would fit better as the rev class has good mobility so torment dose not fit that well. I think it would be a good fix for the class to give up all of its torment for bleeds.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

It would fit better as the rev class has good mobility so torment dose not fit that well. I think it would be a good fix for the class to give up all of its torment for bleeds.

if u think Pumping out WAY more damage is a fix, then i would take it

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

if u think Pumping out WAY more damage is a fix, then i would take it

Sure i am all for making condis have longer duration but lower tick dmg but over all higher dmg from the skill.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

If gw2 had a cele class option where you can be any profession , would be awesome.

I mean that's the reason why they capped the number of toons so you have paper rocks scissors. But it takes time to find the cookie cutter of the patch and not many are able to change the perspective that they must win at all cost with the build they made because it's perfect .

It's also one of the things that move the economy a bit, if less than 1% players who in their own way = change builds every week

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

How does that follow? Torment's damage is based on the victim moving, not the player.

It's also pretty central to the thematic design of Mallyx and the weapons that support it.

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

While I do like Build diversity, I think as well that condi rev is too strong. It's easy to play on a good level and it's easily possible to fight outnumbered. Even if you basically never played rev before.

So yes, rev needs nerfs, either in sustain or damage, or maybe both.

BUT

It's not only rev that needs nerfs, there's some pretty overpowered builds on other classes as well.

You could also just buff weaker classes. But that might lead to the same power creep we had before.
    Nerfing the strongest classes is the best way to go in my opinion.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020

@hobotnicax.7918 said:
    I have a hard time losing to a condi rev as a melee soulbeast. Maybe try to fight them with that.

i have boon duration on mine condi renegade/deamon, this week a condi druid and condi thief could not defeated me, so they added another full condi class... i have perma resistance... while the stats i use has no power nor armor/toughness.

I guess i can say that i can 1v3 xD LOL, condi rev is strong cause can return burns back to source(herald f2 with deamon), perma resistance against players that expec to to be carried with condi buiild, players that spend all time in combat waisting their condi cleanses runing away.

Note: i can only put arround 1k torment and 1-2k burn ticks it isnt much, before patch 2 revs could apply quite fast 50+ torment stacks on targets.

@aaron.7850 there are classes and builds that destroy condi revs in just a few seconds, should ocndi revs start saying other specs are OP and broken as well?

We all know that some conditions are overperforming, burn is very easy to "reaply burst" and atm is the most condition overperforming.

@ASP.8093 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

How does that follow? Torment's damage is based on the victim moving, not the player.

It's also pretty central to the thematic design of Mallyx and the weapons that support it.

Why that? What about an AOE condi transfer makes it about torment? Should the rev move slower in mallyx?