Upcoming Balance Notes - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions

Upcoming Balance Notes

Comments

• Lucinellia.9247Lucinellia.9247 Member ✭✭✭

As one of those very, very rare condition damage Deadeye players in instanced PvE, will you be providing further updates prior to release of the patch? It would be really nice to have an idea of what the changes will be prior to the patch and be in the same position as other professions.

• Lucinellia.9247Lucinellia.9247 Member ✭✭✭

@reddie.5861 said:
    wow what happend to thief completely left out? :(

"Quick comment, these release notes are not complete and in particular thief has more changes that we weren’t able to get localized for this early posting. "

From the original post.

• mistsim.2748mistsim.2748 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:
    Druid buffs are a step on the right direction. I like the immob bomb on staff 4, pretty significant. It is clear you guys really don't want any kind of hybrid build on the druid, as you keep pushing their support abilities.

I don't think these changes will be enough, but it's nice to see something. The profession can definitely get out of hand quickly.

What did you smoke my man?

The good stuff, obviously.

The numbers they tweaked aren't small, they're quite significant. But they arguably didn't tweak enough.

You can heal more now, have another immob bomb, and can reliably use glyphs to condi cleanse (with the trait). In other words, you don't need to slot additional condi cleanse beyond 2 glyphs, and the Celestial trait.

If you understood this, you'd see that the side-noder capability of the druid got some serious buffs.

• Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020
    • Speed of Synergy: This trait has been reworked. It will now grant superspeed for 5 seconds to allies in a radius of 240 around the engineer when using a healing skill. Using a healing tool-belt skill grants the engineer 7 seconds of superspeed.

the problem with this trait is that the logn super speed is gonna get removed ALL the time by other shorter source sof super speed unles you implement a priority system for it that makes the longest sources overwrite others.

• Soothing Detonation: This trait has been reworked. It now heals in an area around the engineer each time they use a tool-belt skill instead of when using a blast finisher with a fire combo field.

this trait worked in any combo field... do you guys not know your own game?

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh god, system shocker, now grant barrier each time i use control effect? Hey! that's pretty good~

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

• Demon Puppet.6873Demon Puppet.6873 Member ✭✭✭

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@LINKAZZATORE.8135 said:
    Shade Skills: These have been changed back to triggering at both the necromancer's location and their shade locations with each use.

Yikes, 8s cooldown in pvp and wvw, 20 targets cap on f1 now, yikes

You havent seen that the pvp and wvw version still is 15s cd
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Manifest_Sand_Shade

Its an 8 second CD in WvW as well. It LAST 15 seconds in WvW.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020

@Demon Puppet.6873 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@LINKAZZATORE.8135 said:
    Shade Skills: These have been changed back to triggering at both the necromancer's location and their shade locations with each use.

And odds are its still going to be 5 target cap base because anet forgets these things they updated with the update for the shade placement update. This alone makes this update a wash and wvw over all a worst place to play.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2019-10-01#Necromancer

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Arcaniaxs.4519Arcaniaxs.4519 Member ✭✭✭

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:
    Thief T_T seriously

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    Greetings fellow Tyrians!

We've prepared a Balance Update that is slated for next week and in keeping with our push to get the Release Notes to you early so that you can theorycraft, discuss and prepare. Quick comment, these release notes are not complete and in particular thief has more changes that we weren’t able to get localized for this early posting.

This is why you should read the whole thing :p

Imagine how long will it be that they didnt post it

• Foshizle.9802Foshizle.9802 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020

"Feel My Wrath is my go-to elite in PvP and WvW due to it's over-performing suportive capabilties!" - Said the single drunk guardian support who uses it

Really no reason to nerf its duration on allies in PvP and WvW, should have been PvE only.

• rdigeri.7935rdigeri.7935 Member ✭✭✭

PLEASE give Brave Stride a visual indicator for when it's off cooldown, it's better for both the warrior and the opponent!

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2020

@Apokriphos.7042 said:
    Please keep an eye on the scourge change in WvW as well.

Do you know what changed in WvW between December 2019, when they altered the F2-F5 skills to only manifest around the player or the shade, and now? Nothing. Power Scourge was the primary bomb for squads back then, and has remained so ever since up until this day. Not. One. Thing. Changed.

People at the time complained that it wouldn't fix the dominance of Scourge in a WvW zerg, while also needlessly hamstringing the Scourge in PvE...and they were right. Just like we were right when ANET decided to remove Detection Pulse from Scrappers, only to to then shoehorn it in again.

That honestly is what frustrates me the most. It isn't the slow pace of the changes, the bugs that go ignored, and I'm not even entirely bothered by the "let's change this and see what happens" philosophy...it's that it takes them MONTHS to get to the part of "see what happens", realize it was a poor decision, and revert the change.

Anyone seriously worried about what this change to Scourge will mean for WvW going forward either wasn't playing WvW back in November 2019, wasn't paying attention then, or isn't paying attention now.

At the very least this means that Scourge will suck less in PvE...a issue that should never have been created in the first place.

• Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭

@rdigeri.7935 said:
    PLEASE give Brave Stride a visual indicator for when it's off cooldown, it's better for both the warrior and the opponent!

Might do what Soldier's Focus does and put the icon on the boon bar when it is active. At least they should.

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

I guess only Necros get something new to play around.

Other professions either got nerfed again or had some much needed QoL added.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• CutesySylveon.8290CutesySylveon.8290 Member ✭✭✭

@zealex.9410 said:

@One Hander.9830 said:
    So if chronomancers get a revert on their elite spec trade-off ( self shatters was removed cause of this originally its in past patch notes) can we can a revert on swipe for daredevils too ?

Wasnt the tradeoff that cs repalced distortion?

Maybe now, but I think that's too big of a tradeoff.

• mistsim.2748mistsim.2748 Member ✭✭✭

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:
    Druid buffs are a step on the right direction. I like the immob bomb on staff 4, pretty significant. It is clear you guys really don't want any kind of hybrid build on the druid, as you keep pushing their support abilities.

I don't think these changes will be enough, but it's nice to see something. The profession can definitely get out of hand quickly.

What did you smoke my man?

The good stuff, obviously.

The numbers they tweaked aren't small, they're quite significant. But they arguably didn't tweak enough.

You can heal more now, have another immob bomb, and can reliably use glyphs to condi cleanse (with the trait). In other words, you don't need to slot additional condi cleanse beyond 2 glyphs, and the Celestial trait.

If you understood this, you'd see that the side-noder capability of the druid got some serious buffs.

• a 0.5sec immob increase on an insignificant weapon actually is insignificant.
    • you said they pushed support capabilities of druid... tell me when and where.
    • the trait casts LESSER seed of life which doesnt state to have an increased condi cleanse as well.

If you understood this, you'd see that these buffs wont really matter.

But yeh we cant complain. After seeing nerfs every single balance patch, druid players should be happy with this I suppose.

It's a decent step. We need way more.

• GROMIT.7829GROMIT.7829 Member ✭✭

What i would like to know is when is the hammer F1 kill going to get it's damage back, I spend a resource and take a massive risk using that skill in PvP and WvW. for thatk ind of risk there should be considerable damage.

• LINKAZZATORE.8135LINKAZZATORE.8135 Member ✭✭✭

@Demon Puppet.6873 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@LINKAZZATORE.8135 said:

and nobody was talking about the duration of the shade, i said cooldown not how long it stood on ground

vabbi.eu

• Asum.4960Asum.4960 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2020

Phase Traversal: This skill now performs a pathing check before activation.

Is it christmas already?
    /E: Apparently this does not mean that Rev can't teleport through half the map terrain without LOS for an unblockable quickness burst anymore, but rather that the skill won't trigger a CD if it can't somehow find a "path", so big F.

Explosive Holo wasn't addressed either.

R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

• Longshot.1237Longshot.1237 Member ✭✭

they need to finally give ele and eng active combat weapon swap, I think it would be fair after all these years.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

@One Hander.9830 said:
    So if chronomancers get a revert on their elite spec trade-off ( self shatters was removed cause of this originally its in past patch notes) can we can a revert on swipe for daredevils too ?

Wasnt the tradeoff that cs repalced distortion?

Maybe now, but I think that's too big of a tradeoff.

I think its fine given what chrono can do in return, the self shatter removal was overkill tho.

• Legends: Swapping legends can now be done in midair.

Speaking of QoL.. Can you please make it so that swapping legends with F1 out of combat will not put legend swap on cooldown? Right now the same can be achieved by swapping legends manually in the dropdown list, which is a bit of a nuisance.

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Longshot.1237 said:
    they need to finally give ele and eng active combat weapon swap, I think it would be fair after all these years.

I imagine weapon swap will be coming to Ele and Engi with the new elite spec

• Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Longshot.1237 said:

I imagine weapon swap will be coming to Ele and Engi with the new elite spec

By that time Obsidian flesh will be like 120s CD and 500s Cd for Mistform; ofc attunement swap Cd will be 30s CD for attunement and shared between weapon sets

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

• @Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    Damage-build soulbeasts have been unleashing numbers that are higher than they should be. This is on a broad level rather than being tied to particular weapons or utility skills.

Um.... I'm having a hard time believing this statement when Guardian is pretty much completely outclassing soulbeast on all levels and wasn't nerfed much. I'd take Dragonhunter's damage over power soulbeast any day. Same with Firebrand (or Mirage, depending on situation) over condi soulbeast . Is it a little too much? Maybe. But nerf the greater offenders first please.

• Plausible for merged Soulbeasts deadly pets give boost in expertise instead of precision? Seems odd when ferocious pets give power+ferocity.

• Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@One Hander.9830 said:

Chrono had a triple trade-off, no IP no distortion and trash F skills.
    IP back means only two trade-offs remain.

Daredevil had a trade-off of steal range for unbloackable and 0 trade off for 3 better dodges.

Are you sure you want to play that game?

How about Berserker
    No core F1s, can only access F1s with an interruptible skill for a duration, Take more damage while doing so. :+1:

• Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭✭

If I'm reading this right, Over Shield is still going to proc protection on yourself while you're in the middle of guarding. And now that Shield 5 lasts for .5s longer, you'll have .5s of protection uptime. So for the self, it'll still be pretty bad, but at least you'll be able to buff teammates now. Inventions still need reworked though.
    As well, the things that apply immob for abnormally high amounts of time seems to not be getting hit at all, so immob CCs will still be very strong.

The greatest enemy to improvement, is ignorance. But the desire to learn will cast ignorance into the fire.

• Really nice patch, good job! :+1:

• I am watching this on Roy's stream and can only say that they shouldnt have buffed chronomancer. Its completely broken in the past, it should be nerfed to ground. kitten HOULE WHOEVER THINKS CHRONO NEEDS BUFF. Anyways Speaking about life -> did you know their is people who cosplay warclaw. Any thoughts on that? put that in the balance patch. ALSO ALSO do you remember when that 50 year old guy had won that friendship contest with that 20 year old, pretty PMA. I actually hope they add that to every balance patch to show how active the community is. Really positive boys.