Upcoming Facet of Chaos -patch

Virdo.1540

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Anet is pulling an Enhanced Bulwark like they did years ago, but now it's with Draconic Echo. Seriously, Draconic Echo is the problem, and when they finally nerf that, I can guarantee they won't revert the nerfs to facets they butchered in the process.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Anet is pulling an Enhanced Bulwark like they did years ago, but now it's with Draconic Echo. Seriously, Draconic Echo is the problem, and when they finally nerf that, I can guarantee they won't revert the nerfs to facets they butchered in the process.

Halving Draconic Echo to last 3s in PvP/WvW would be better

Honestly, this change is the worst and absolutely most uncalled for out of all of them for rev players in PvP/WvW. Even if we accept the shield nerfs and other sustain nerfs when resistance uptime and mallyx f2 (the real problems with condi rev) were left untouched, this one is absolutely horrible.

Facets are supposed to have a passive and active effect, and obviously, up until now, as long as you are upkeeping a Glint facet, you have that boon. It's beyond stupid to fathom that, even in the absence of boonstrip/corruption, you can have Facet of Chaos up while not having protection. In addition, even if you do keep the passive on, any smart power damage player can easily time a backstab/grenade barrage/true shot in that .75 seconds or so that you inherently don't have protection even though you are literally draining 5 energy per second on it.

Even when not looking at Rev changes specifically, this patch is dumb for PvP and even more so WvW. When looking at Rev changes, no nerfs to mallyx f2 and its inherently broken way of condi transfer? No nerfs to resistance uptime? But let's neuter shield, a weapon that's unused on power rev, and fundamentally ruin the concept of facet upkeep by gutting Facet of Chaos. At this rate, this facet won't be worth anywhere near 5 energy to upkeep.

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:Honestly, this change is the worst and absolutely most uncalled for out of all of them for rev players in PvP/WvW. Even if we accept the shield nerfs and other sustain nerfs when resistance uptime and mallyx f2 (the real problems with condi rev) were left untouched, this one is absolutely horrible.

Facets are supposed to have a passive and active effect, and obviously, up until now, as long as you are upkeeping a Glint facet, you have that boon. It's beyond stupid to fathom that, even in the absence of boonstrip/corruption, you can have Facet of Chaos up while not having protection. In addition, even if you do keep the passive on, any smart power damage player can easily time a backstab/grenade barrage/true shot in that .75 seconds or so that you inherently don't have protection even though you are literally draining 5 energy per second on it.

Even when not looking at Rev changes specifically, this patch is dumb for PvP and even more so WvW. When looking at Rev changes, no nerfs to mallyx f2 and its inherently broken way of condi transfer? No nerfs to resistance uptime? But let's neuter shield, a weapon that's unused on power rev, and fundamentally ruin the concept of facet upkeep by gutting Facet of Chaos. At this rate, this facet won't be worth anywhere near 5 energy to upkeep.

Mallyx F2 definitely needs a radius nerf like Shiro's, Shield was kinda strong still, although I agree with the protection change being stupid, breaking uniformity like that is a bad idea..

Most of the changes are actually good for the class in general though. It felt pretty touching to see all those bug fixes. Hopefully they are actually working!

@Justine.6351 said:I don't understand the problem,Just stack more boon duration.

Problem is you shouldn't have to stack boon duration to maintain a boon from a facet that costs -5 upkeep, especially with sPvP having far less boon duration options and the problem not even being the facet itself but Draconic Echo. It's an unnecessary nerf that doesn't fix what they're trying to solve.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:I don't understand the problem,Just stack more boon duration.

Problem is you shouldn't have to stack boon duration to maintain a boon from a facet that costs -5 upkeep, especially with sPvP having far less boon duration options and the problem not even being the facet itself but Draconic Echo. It's an unnecessary nerf that doesn't fix what they're trying to solve.

That is under the assumption they were trying to "solve" anything rofl ;-)

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@Justine.6351 said:I don't understand the problem,Just stack more boon duration.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this and this is as a person who's had the trait equipped since day 1 and a character named Draconic Echo. Just make facets pulse one more time in PvP and WvW instead of gutting a core part of herald.

@Yasai.3549 said:This is typical Anet balance style : Don't nerf the direct problem, but nerf everything that the direct problem affected.

Then rework the direct problem and not revert nerfs.

Herald mains, sadly to say yu guys got shafted once again.

well they havn't made chaotic release ground targeted yet, could be worse !

@Yasai.3549 said:

well they havn't made chaotic release ground targeted yet, could be worse !

Nah, they are gonna make Facet actives cost min 10 energy to cast :^)

A better idea, for those of us who cannot manage energy, would be to remove the specific boon when we use the consume skill for a facet. I mean it is consuming after all right?

Loved the changes because my power and condi Herald builds remain both mostly untouched. But I wonder why they nerfed the shield, which is barely used, and didn't rework that hot garbage called hammer. Also good to see that they didn't touch the axe now that Astralaria is almost in my pocket.

Anyway, the most important fact provided by the new patch is that all the talk from ANet about having a faster pace of balance updates was nothing short of bs.

@Buran.3796 said:Loved the changes because my power and condi Herald builds remain both mostly untouched. But I wonder why they nerfed the shield, which is barely used, and didn't rework that hot garbage called hammer. Also good to see that they didn't touch the axe now that Astralaria is almost in my pocket.

Anyway, the most important fact provided by the new patch is that all the talk from ANet about having a faster pace of balance updates was nothing short of bs.

Consider this, most games still don't update as much. So I'm glad we still get patches in general anyway. Some in the whereabouts of 3 months nowadays.

^If you look at Twitch at any time of the year you'll see that the overwhelmenig majority of the top 25 most played games are essentially competitive player vs player games. Can you imagine any of those surviving with 4 balance patches a year? Some of them even rely in constant buffing/debuffing things as the cornerstone of their financial succes. And is not like GW2 is flooding PvErs with solo content to compensate the perennial drought in the competitive game modes, neither.

@"Buran.3796" said:Loved the changes because my power and condi Herald builds remain both mostly untouched. But I wonder why they nerfed the shield, which is barely used, and didn't rework that hot garbage called hammer. Also good to see that they didn't touch the axe now that Astralaria is almost in my pocket.

im hiting 2-3 k on wanderer stats, some players playing diviner and zerkers based builds sometimes report over 10k hit(wont say the actual value).Sadly hammer rev its the only "not workin" possible counter to the tons of scourges that will be amassing zergs and omniblobs in wvw.... when iu use it on a group of 20+ players, sometimes i get no values.... working as intended.

IDK what Anet is thinking atm in terms of balance but the next months wvw will be pure idioticy.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 , how is rev low dps in pve, sometimes sword 3 hits arorund 20-30k alone... 4-5k autos with perma quiickness...etc.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Buran.3796 said:@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 , how is rev low dps in pve, sometimes sword 3 hits arorund 20-30k alone... 4-5k autos with perma quiickness...etc.

Sword 3 is still an bad skill for overall dps. It may be strong as an single skill, but does too little damage compared to the time +(after)cast it needs.

4-5k autos with quickness still makes it part of the bottom dps-tier(while having underwhelming group support)

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"Buran.3796" said:Loved the changes because my power and condi Herald builds remain both mostly untouched. But I wonder why they nerfed the shield, which is barely used, and didn't rework that hot garbage called hammer. Also good to see that they didn't touch the axe now that Astralaria is almost in my pocket.

im hiting 2-3 k on wanderer stats, some players playing diviner and zerkers based builds sometimes report over 10k hit(wont say the actual value).Sadly hammer rev its the only "not workin" possible counter to the tons of scourges that will be amassing zergs and omniblobs in wvw.... when iu use it on a group of 20+ players, sometimes i get no values.... working as intended.

IDK what Anet is thinking atm in terms of balance but the next months wvw will be pure idioticy.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 , how is rev low dps in pve, sometimes sword 3 hits arorund 20-30k alone... 4-5k autos with perma quiickness...etc.

If you think 4k autos with perma quickness is high, try doing the same thing with reaper. I regularly hit over 10k on the final auto attack by itself. Soul Spiral does 100k in one click. How in the world is Herald gonna compete with that, especially when reaper isn't even the best dps?

Also none of this has anything to do with Facet of Chaos now needing 50% boon duration to even cover pulse timing, which I don't even think is possible in sPvP anymore.