What’s the common group composition for Raid now?

The most common composition running in pugs will probably be as followsSub 1 : Healbrand + 3 DPS + AlacrigadeSub 2 : Chronotank + Druid + 2 DPS + BSHealbrand and Chronotank are each providing quickness to their own subgroups, Healbrand and Druid are providing healing, Alacrigade is providing 10-man alacrity.For buffs, Druid is providing spirits buff and spotter, BS is bringing banners, Alacrigade is providing Assassin's Presence (AP).Therefore DPS who needs spotter are placed in the druid sub, and power DPS that do not need spotter are in Sub 1 to get AP.

If you wish to be solohealing (Rarely in pugs), you replace your healbrand by quickbrand, if the boss requires two tanks you replace the alacrigade by another chronotank and you can replace the healbrand by any offhealer (Tempest, Scrapper, Healbrand, Alacheal, ...) or by a DPS if you soloheal.

I usually run double chronos whenever we can. Assuming the fight has a dedicated tank our group is as follows.

ChronotankOff ChronoDruid healsHeal scourge ( if squad is inexperienced or face tanking mechanics)6-7 dps ( include bs)

Depends of the fight still , but things will move around. I agree Carcharoth in that more options are available. No chrono tank available? Use a Hb instead or even a boon thief. Aside from druid everything feels very open now to many classes and specializations.

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:1 Qfb also can be replaced by a offheal hfbAnyways the common combo is1 druid1 tank chrono1 Qfb1 Hfb1 BS1 Alac rene4 Dps

@Antioche.7034 said:The most common composition running in pugs will probably be as followsSub 1 : Healbrand + 3 DPS + AlacrigadeSub 2 : Chronotank + Druid + 2 DPS + BSHealbrand and Chronotank are each providing quickness to their own subgroups, Healbrand and Druid are providing healing, Alacrigade is providing 10-man alacrity.For buffs, Druid is providing spirits buff and spotter, BS is bringing banners, Alacrigade is providing Assassin's Presence (AP).Therefore DPS who needs spotter are placed in the druid sub, and power DPS that do not need spotter are in Sub 1 to get AP.

If you wish to be solohealing (Rarely in pugs), you replace your healbrand by quickbrand, if the boss requires two tanks you replace the alacrigade by another chronotank and you can replace the healbrand by any offhealer (Tempest, Scrapper, Healbrand, Alacheal, ...) or by a DPS if you soloheal.

Can I still run two chronos?However I see that most LFG dont look for 2 chronos anymore.

@tinyasian.8941 said:

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:1 Qfb also can be replaced by a offheal hfbAnyways the common combo is1 druid1 tank chrono1 Qfb1 Hfb1 BS1 Alac rene4 Dps

@Antioche.7034 said:The most common composition running in pugs will probably be as followsSub 1 : Healbrand + 3 DPS + AlacrigadeSub 2 : Chronotank + Druid + 2 DPS + BSHealbrand and Chronotank are each providing quickness to their own subgroups, Healbrand and Druid are providing healing, Alacrigade is providing 10-man alacrity.For buffs, Druid is providing spirits buff and spotter, BS is bringing banners, Alacrigade is providing Assassin's Presence (AP).Therefore DPS who needs spotter are placed in the druid sub, and power DPS that do not need spotter are in Sub 1 to get AP.

Can I still run two chronos?However I see that most LFG dont look for 2 chronos anymore.

2 chronos works just fine. Unfortunately it gets harder and harder to get even 1 chrono, and using a quickbrand/healbrand and alaren is a lot easier as far as boons are concerned. So, many groups go that way.

@tinyasian.8941 said:Hi, returning players, wanna know the common group composition currently.

A year ago my SO and I played with double chronos, so just wondering if this is still viable or do one of us has to change class.

Thanks!

chrono=5 men quickness and 5 men alacrityfirebrand (heal or condi)= 5 men quicknessalacrity renegade (heal or power) 10 men alacrityBoon thief=all boons for 10 men 100% uptime EXCEPT alacrity (only works for few bosses)SOLO heal2 chronos1 druid1 bs6 dps

2 chronos1 druid1 off heal1 bs5 dps

SOLO heal2 quickness condition firebrands1 alacrity power renegade1 druid1 bs5 dps

1 quickness condition firebrand1 heal quickness firebrand1 alacrity power renegade1 druid1 bs5 dps

SOLO heal1 quickness condition firebrand1 chrono1 alacrity power renegade1 druid1 bs5 dps

1 chrono1 heal quickness firebrand1 alacrity power renegade1 druid1 bs5 dps

1 chrono1 condition quickness firebrand1 alacrity heal renegade1 druid1 bs5 dps

2 quickness condition firebrands1 alacrity heal renegade1 druid1 bs5 dps

1 boon thief1 Alacrity renegade (heal or power)1 druid or soulbeast1 bs6 dpsThere is an option to cover either quickness or alacrity by stacking certain dps classes as well.

@tinyasian.8941 said:

If you want easy boons run chrono and alac rev + qfb. Certain fights still favor double chrono or alac rev + boon thief.

Hey peoples, just to remind, spiritbeast+some other healer also exists. Like, you can run heal boon tempest, spirit beast, 2 condi quickbrands and alacrigade. Boon tempest even has Sand Squall for pseudo-SoI so you don't necessarily need a chrono even, just tiny bit of extra BD on quickbrands with food or something. Even heals better than a druid if using solo-healer and most boons are 10-target, guaranteed!

either 2 boon chronos (1 tanks), druid, banner warrior, offheal (literally anything that heals it's the biggest leech role in the squad because nobody expects anything but pure healing), dps - or boon chrono (tank), druid, heal firebrand, alacrity renegade, banner warrior, dps. those are the most common pug raid compositions. just to clarify though they are not the best, like you can run double chrono if you want that's still viable, but generally having a boon chrono, condi quickness firebrand, alacrity renegade, druid and banner warrior is better because it has higher damage and utility. if you want 2 'healers' you're best making the renegade play heal in a squad scenario and otherwise the firebrand

@tinyasian.8941 said:

You definately can run two chronos, however firebrigade (Chronotank, Aren, Quickbrand) tends to perform better on bosses where chrono utilities are not required. On top of my head, you want to be running double chrono for Desmina due to tanking, on Dhuum for ease of mind in pugs, on Qadim for double portal to the two pyres (Assuming you skip stab pyre), on Largos due to tanking, eventually on CA/Sloth/Xera for easier pulls with focus 4 but it's not really required.

Basically, firebrigade usually does more damage than double chrono thus is preffered. Firebrand also brings a good ton of blocks and can take SyG if needed. Alacrigade also provides AP in addition to good DPS.

TL;DR : You can absolutely run double chrono and almost nobody is gonna yell at you for it, however it's often best to alternate between that and firebrigade depending on boss, while keeping in mind that firebrigade tends to perform slightly better if chrono's utilities are unneeded.