Is condi mirage still a counter to power herald ?

Gryxis.6950

I've heard a few times before the last big patch that condi mirage was a counter to power rev and I was wondering if it was still the same considering how weakened mirage as a whole is as of now, and how dominant revenant still is whether it is power or condi, so I'm never too sure which strategy I should adopt when facing one (btw I'm wondering when it comes to pvp and wvw, and i just don't have enough knowledge of the rev class to know by myself).

What that person said.

If you are running full dire/tb you have a little lee-way, but if you are running squishy condi hybrid, you have to be really careful.

Most power revs will open with shiro port or sw/sw #5 port (deathstrike). Dodge that and kite. You really, really want to avoid getting hit by deathstrike's 2nd hit.

If they are sword #3'ing on you (the one that teleports them all over the place for a couple seconds), dodge, but be wary of what they're going to try to do after it stops and they're right on top of you. e.g. If you are running staff, it's a good time to phase retreat right after their sw #3 finishes just to get you a little bit away from the rev.

Pay attn to the switch to Glint. You want to avoid the AoE circle facet that pulses weakness & chill, and you want to avoid the double swipe facet that gives them more damage if they land it. If you're kiting well, they should have a hard time landing these.

Oh and try to avoid giving them health when they pop glint heal; That may be more difficult if you're running all condi, but you can at least avoid condi bombing them (again) until after they've popped it and it's expired.

This can really go both ways, I would say that mesmer should have slightly better chances to win, and against medicore power rev you will just 1shot their asses constantly.Sword dodge can be canceled by stealth, you can set clone. invis and insta burst them.Im speaking from pvp perspective btw, dunno shit about wvw dueling.Try to condi bomb them when they left glind, and try to CC them in glint, exert fake pressure in glint to get their heal off, things like P4, low clone F1 shatter, autoattacks and axe2 work good. GL!

@Magolith.9412 said:What that person said.

If you are running full dire/tb you have a little lee-way, but if you are running squishy condi hybrid, you have to be really careful.

Most power revs will open with shiro port or sw/sw #5 port (deathstrike). Dodge that and kite. You really, really want to avoid getting hit by deathstrike's 2nd hit.

If they are sword #3'ing on you (the one that teleports them all over the place for a couple seconds), dodge, but be wary of what they're going to try to do after it stops and they're right on top of you. e.g. If you are running staff, it's a good time to phase retreat right after their sw #3 finishes just to get you a little bit away from the rev.

Pay attn to the switch to Glint. You want to avoid the AoE circle facet that pulses weakness & chill, and you want to avoid the double swipe facet that gives them more damage if they land it. If you're kiting well, they should have a hard time landing these.

Oh and try to avoid giving them health when they pop glint heal; That may be more difficult if you're running all condi, but you can at least avoid condi bombing them (again) until after they've popped it and it's expired.

thx a lot for all the details ! tho i'm not sure i understand what is the double swipe facet. And yeah i'm trying to kite but being axe pistol sword torch it's kinda hard maintaining pressure while kiting since i have 0 range (plus the fact that i'm just kinda trash when it comes to kiting)

@Leonidrex.5649 said:This can really go both ways, I would say that mesmer should have slightly better chances to win, and against medicore power rev you will just 1shot their kitten constantly.Sword dodge can be canceled by stealth, you can set clone. invis and insta burst them.Im speaking from pvp perspective btw, dunno kitten about wvw dueling.Try to condi bomb them when they left glind, and try to CC them in glint, exert fake pressure in glint to get their heal off, things like P4, low clone F1 shatter, autoattacks and axe2 work good. GL!

thanks to you aswell ! i'll try to remember all of that next time i fight one