Looking Ahead to Summer Days and Nights — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Comments

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭

New Mount ability? o.o

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the comms. 1 new fractal is a bit disappointing given how long it has been, but it's better than nothing

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2020

A roadmap!! News! *clap clap
    PS: obviously new skimmer ability. Water geyzer? Diving?!
    So e4 before FOTFW mmmhhh

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

Think you can be pretty sure that the new ability comes in ep4.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

Well its better than a stick in the eye.
    Out of all these things I am glad to see fractals getting some love. Hope we see another raid wing at some point too.
    I remember talks of a Festival for WvW and PvPers. I Would like to see that happen at some point along with alliances. I guess I'll just keep on waiting.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• Well they did say "You can't teach an old dog new tricks...", so I'm going to speculate that it's something to do with the Jackal, since it's the only dog-like mount.

Though, I hope it is only cosmetic as that would upset a lot of people if our 8th Anniversary gift gave us an advantage over others with the new mount skill. I could just see the forums raging now if the skill gives us an advantage, with everyone complaining that they are not 8 years old yet and it is unfair.

When we let things convey unto us, that is true artistic expression. But when we try to convey ourselves onto things, that is delusion.

Any news on the world boss events and other weekly stuff? Been looking forward to those between content

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

@SpyderArachnid.5619 said:
    Well they did say "You can't teach an old dog new tricks...", so I'm going to speculate that it's something to do with the Jackal, since it's the only dog-like mount.

Though, I hope it is only cosmetic as that would upset a lot of people if our 8th Anniversary gift gave us an advantage over others with the new mount skill. I could just see the forums raging now if the skill gives us an advantage, with everyone complaining that they are not 8 years old yet and it is unfair.

Could be, although the picture shows a skimmer which if not a red herring could indicate a skimmer related skill

• Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭

Giving warclaw a new ability isnt enough to make up for getting rid of kitty pounce

Anet you took away the only fun thing about the mount

No one uses Chain Pull, why didnt you get rid of that instead?

please make a Taimi voice mail pack
    my QoL wishes

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:
    Thanks for the comms. 1 new fractal is a bit disappointing given how long it has been, but it's better than nothing

Aside from the initial release of the fractal game mode, have they ever dropped more than 1 at once?

I'd rather keep going.. wherever the wind takes us

I just want to say again how much I LOVE that we're getting these! Also hype for all of this, my favorite festival, more ice map, new fractal!

• @Fenom.9457 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

Aside from the initial release of the fractal game mode, have they ever dropped more than 1 at once?

Hopefully there is more to do besides just adding the new fractal. More legendaries to craft / new achievments to do.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

Hopefully there is more to do besides just adding the new fractal. More legendaries to craft / new achievments to do.

There's other points on the roadmap. If you mean specifically with the fractal, I wouldn't be surprised to see achievements for it

• Tekoneiric.6817Tekoneiric.6817 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Okami Amaterasu.9237 said:
    No doubt the Skimmer is going to be able to go underwater! Whoo-hooo! I'm going to dive right into Straits of Devastation, Bloodtide Coast, Kessix Hills, Frostgorge Sound, Mount Maelstrom, and Sandswept Isles for this ability - can't wait!

I wonder how that will interact with how sharks randomly come at the player mounted on skimmers in Sandswept Isles.

• TwoGhosts.6790TwoGhosts.6790 Member ✭✭✭

Love the sound of the new WvW stuff. Thanks.

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

Literally nothing for WvW this time. I'm looking forward to it.

Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.
    Hashtag BlameMcLain

• Atomos.7593Atomos.7593 Member ✭✭✭

Excited for episode 4 and the new mount ability.

@Josiah.2967 said:
    Skimmers having the ability to swim underwater would be great! XOXO

Oh that would make my day! =)

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am excited to see the trailer next week. Thanks for the roadmap, much appreciated.

A note: Early Access 8th birthdayers, don't wait for Aug 25 as the announcement claims to check your mailbox. Unless they've tweaked it somehow, it just goes a flat 365 days per year, and we've had at least 2 leap years advancing things since launch. So by now it's more like Aug 23 or even 22 when the gifts start arriving. You should have them on your 2.920th day of your character's existence.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

No doubt the Skimmer is going to be able to go underwater! Whoo-hooo! I'm going to dive right into Straits of Devastation, Bloodtide Coast, Kessix Hills, Frostgorge Sound, Mount Maelstrom, and Sandswept Isles for this ability - can't wait!

I wonder how that will interact with how sharks randomly come at the player mounted on skimmers in Sandswept Isles.

I thought it was the dolphins that knocked you off.

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Noodica.5428 said:
    Still no WvW alliance PepeHands

@ollbirtan.2915 said:
    Wow! That's quality content some great work on WvW alliances and game balancing!...

@Custodio.6134 said:
    So basically, you gonna neglect the WvW-focused community. Again.

@Melian.5368 said:
    So no balance changes on Q3, no mention of World Restructuring™, no content for WvW like weekly events and such...

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:
    Love the sound of the new WvW stuff. Thanks.

@Svarty.8019 said:
    Literally nothing for WvW this time. I'm looking forward to it.

Unfortunately none of us are surprised.

I am even amazed WvW is included in the patch notes.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Tekoneiric.6817Tekoneiric.6817 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

I thought it was the dolphins that knocked you off.

Sharks knock you off and dolphins swim along with you at times.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

already finisher stolen from warclaw. Best changes in wvw - no any changes in wvw.

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• HotDelirium.7984HotDelirium.7984 Member ✭✭✭

This gets 1.6K views but the balance changes get 64K views. If THAT doesn't tell you something ArenaNet nothing will.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hope there won't be too many new episodes without voice acting, I understand the situation with the Voice actors but I'd rather have Anet focus on fixing up the older game content or working on LW1 instead while they've got the best opportunity to do so.

I know not everyone agrees with that but I do wonder when the Voice acting does come in down the road if their experience with these latest episodes will have been spoiled by them playing without it.. I know that's how I would feel, hence why im choosing not to play them until the VA updates.
    Still, sucky situation that hopefully won't last much longer.
    Here's hoping anyway.

Really hope that new mount ability is underwater skimmer though, a lot of people talking about it and man have I been a vocal supporter of an underwater mount for a long time.
    Long wait till September though >.<

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Teratus.2859 said:
    Hope there won't be too many new episodes without voice acting, I understand the situation with the Voice actors but I'd rather have Anet focus on fixing up the older game content or working on LW1 instead while they've got the best opportunity to do so.

I liked doing the voices with my friend. Bin those lousy actors, they can become build build builders. Anybody who "plays" for a living should be WORKING HARD instead! Life isn't about having fun. Get suffering!

Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.
    Hashtag BlameMcLain

• Until I noticed the Skimmer picture I was thinking they'd add something to the bunny, since it's pretty useless once you have the Skyscale.
    I've noticed that, once by one, Anet has been trying to add in a lot of often-requested wishes for items this year, at least sort of. (motorcycle beetle, Pegasus griffon, SAB mount, etc.) So I am really hoping with the rest of you for a submersible skimmer....though it might look odd with the hummingbird variant! But if it's not that, let's at least hope it's an interesting and useful new skill.

• jishi.7568jishi.7568 Member ✭✭

... make Jormag destroy some servers, lol.
    Cough meant make Jormag lay waste to multiple players evil laugh revenge for my beloved Scarlet.

• Kalythsu.8350Kalythsu.8350 Member ✭✭
    edited July 27, 2020

And September no episode 5 or Vision Past? :'( why?

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

1) New Season: I'd be far more hyped if the last few releases hadn't been so grind heavy on the achievement side. Sure, having a carrot on the end of "play that one strike mission 50(!!!) times" generates hours played but I'd rather have it as "play these 5 strike missions ten times each". The trend of generating hours played by overly grindy achievements and meta-achievemtns is tiring, very tiring. However, the story was good so far and the maps were pretty.
    2) Festival of the Four Winds: Festivals don't hype me anymore. It's always the same plus maybe one skin and, as has been said in 1) a lot of grind recently.
    3) Anniversary: Who would have guessed that things get a year older when a year has passed. I don't get why this is even on the """""roadmap""""".
    4) New mount Ability: Will see about this one when it's released. If it's tied to hundreds of gold or thousands of currency I'll be very dissapointed.
    5) New Fractal: I personally left the fractal scene two years ago, I hope this release will make some of the fractal people happy.

Not on the list: Legendary Armory, Alliances, Solutions to bots and hackers, Solutions for increasing lags

Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

@jishi.7568 said:
    Cough meant make Jormag lay waste to multiple players evil laugh revenge for my beloved Scarlet.

Have you been to PoF maps lately? I think Kralk already waste some ;)

• jishi.7568jishi.7568 Member ✭✭
    edited August 1, 2020

@aspirine.6852 said:

@jishi.7568 said:

Have you been to PoF maps lately? I think Kralk already waste some ;)

Yes, I saw footage of his epicness(your talking about the one that has different color scheme right? Compared to original), I have yet to visit that territory... Why isn't he on the world boss item, lol

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

So, looking ahead summer nights and days... what we already have is

• a meta achievement that will take the whole summer, because you have to do this loooooooooooong meta event so often that you will hate this map after your achievements
    • the necro was that nerfed that it is almost dead, not fun and unplayable in contest modes (like WvW)
    • there will be a new mount ability (beside the new one we just got!??)
    • People who don't like charr as playable race see too much charr right now (I know, some kind of furr discrimination)

Praise Joko! And Bangar, we need to talk!