Templates not useable AGAIN! (And Revenant broken... again!)

The bug is back where opening your build templates crashes the game client. :cry: (Probably affecting only those players again who have Renegade builds stored in their build storage?)

--> Crash <--Assertion: Loadout validation failed: (18)File: ......\Game\Ui\Widgets\HeroDialog\SkillEquip\SkEquipBuildLib.cpp(603)App: Gw2-64.exePid: 8220BaseAddr: 00007FF6717F0000ProgramId: 101Build: 104844When: 2020-07-07T16:11:16Z 2020-07-07T18:11:16+02:00Uptime: 0 days 0:01:48Flags: 0

Will we be getting this with every skill related patch now? :/

Also, Rev's completely broken again.

Like, not to sound rude or anything, but really... second time... please change that validation, like.Try parse the build - it fails -> promt the user or use the in game mail system/ I do not know, that their build is no longer working and allow them to update it.Or make proper migration scripts that totally will not cause any issues what so ever.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:Hi all, I just checked on this and the team is aware and working on a fix!

Might also want to check on whats causing a crash when the game is started, whenever I push play the game just instantly crashes. There might be something wonky as Im not sure if other people are having the same issue but my game was fine yesterday. So something borked it up lmfao~

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:Hi all, I just checked on this and the team is aware and working on a fix!

Might also want to check on whats causing a crash when the game is started, whenever I push play the game just instantly crashes. There might be something wonky as Im not sure if other people are having the same issue but my game was fine yesterday. So something borked it up lmfao~

Different topic: ArcDPS

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Different topic: ArcDPS

I don't use nor have Arc? So how would that effect me?

I do not use ArcDPS, I actually NEVER ever downloaded it, and I'm affected too.

I have a Revenant, and my build template is empty and crashes the game when opened.

This sounds to be exactly the same bug than a couple of weeks before... I'll remain "no comment", but I'm about to move to another game, tired of clowns.

I'm very glad this is being worked on. The game has been instantly crashing on all of my characters when clicking the Build tab.

I'm also pretty sure this has absolutely nothing to do with ArcDPS. I do use that add-on for raids but I always delete it when there's a new game build. I only install it again when it's been updated for the latest build. So as of right now the game is crashing on me without ArcDPS installed. And just for the hell of it, I tried deleting everything related to ArcDPS. The game still crashes.

Actually, I believe they were addressing the fact that someone said they were crashing on game launch, there are other threads going that explained that Arc may be the culprit... if they don't use ArcDPS, then a new thread should be started. This one hopefully remains on topic... ie Templates crashing the game.

The fact that Revs are crashing isn't disputed and that wasn't the 'fix' suggested... we have to wait till ANet fixes... also, if you saved a Rev build (like me) to the actual account, it'll crash any character you load up.

Eir

@"Zedd.8239" said:I'm very glad this is being worked on.

This is the second time this is happening, and it would be great if they finally revealed what is causing it so that players can do whatever is necessary to not have this happen to them each time a skill update goes live.

It obviously does not affect everyone, so there has to be a trigger for this, no?

I'm also pretty sure this has absolutely nothing to do with ArcDPS.

No, it hasn't. That's why I wrote, "Different topic." Some players couldn't launch the game after the patch due to ArcDPS.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:

This is the second time this is happening, and it would be great if they finally revealed what is causing it so that players can do whatever is necessary to not have this happen to them each time a skill update goes live.

It obviously does not affect everyone, so there has to be a trigger for this, no?

Thankfully, I didn't have this issue the last time it occurred. But I also have a lot more build templates saved in my account build storage now.

No, it hasn't. That's why I wrote, "Different topic." Some players couldn't launch the game after the patch due to ArcDPS.

I know. I was addressing some of the other comments in the thread about ArcDPS. I was confirming this is unrelated.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

I'm feeling tempted to delete them all and curse the day I wasted money on those build storage slots... :angry:

I've had moments where I've been tempted to do that. But I change my build all the time based on specific raid encounters or situations. So while there has been the occasional short term issue with them, I find them far too useful to get rid of. I usually keep the same 6 active builds set most of the time on each character. However, there aren't enough tabs to store all the builds I use. Otherwise, I'd be able to delete the ones I've stored and just keep 6 active ones.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

I ve found a fix for this..just delete d3d9.dll from the /bin64 directory of gw2 then start the game.