(patch) Renegade Shortbow 3 now works exactly like Shortbow 2

aaron.7850

Not only does it look visually identical to shortbow 2, but it also misses moving targets as well.

Anet ignores the one skill we most complained about, and now changes shortbow 3 and makes it worse making it behave exactly like the one skill we actually wanted a change for for so long.

I just lost all hope guys.

Not really the same. With the new #3 skill the arrows always come from the direction your character is facing rather than random directions. This is much more consistent in hitting since you just need to chase the target a little for all hits to land, also works much better at short range. The downside is you can't use the skill while facing away and it even goes on interrupt cooldown if you try.

I don't know about this change, it's certainly easier to use now as you don't have to worry about being at the right distance.

Seems like a fair trade off with moving targets being harder to hit for it generally being easier, especially as it couples so well with Spiritcrush (SB 4), slows them and additional burns.

But I would have prefered they kept the skill as is and just made the focal point of the arrows adjustable instead of it being locked at max distance. That way it would have kept some skill to it and allowed for it to be blindfired to hit stealthed targets.

How were you hitting moving targets with 3 before the update? All arrows converged at one tiny spot, at best you could hit like 1-2 of them if the target moved. The only thing I don't like about the new version is that it used to be one extra AoE skill for tagging if you had the piercing trait, but it's not like Renegade lacks AoE.

Skill 2 remains the problem with shortbow. It's boring, clunky, and superfluous with the other skills shortbow has. I would love to see it removed completely and replaced with skill 3, then a new skill 3 that's more utility oriented (an immob or mobility skill, like a backroll).