New Mount Ability - [Merged]

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people in my guilds etc are thinking the same thing.

Seems like a lot of people are thinking this, I'm all for it although I would prefer a Underwater only mount rather than Skimmer getting that ability.

It could also be a new universal Bond Skill 9 for all mounts though.. but I dunno what that could be.Excited to find out anyway, since im not playing the new episode till the VA comes in and was greatly disappointed to see that another episode is already coming again without VA.. (I understand why but I still don't like this decision to push forward without the VA, I'd rather them use this time to fix up older content instead.)Anyway it's good to have something concrete to look forward to since I won't be playing any new Gw2 content for who knows how long.

@Teratus.2859 said:A lot of people in my guilds etc are thinking the same thing.

Seems like a lot of people are thinking this, I'm all for it although I would prefer a Underwater only mount rather than Skimmer getting that ability.

It could also be a new universal Bond Skill 9 for all mounts though.. but I dunno what that could be.Excited to find out anyway, since im not playing the new episode till the VA comes in and was greatly disappointed to see that another episode is already coming again without VA.. (I understand why but I still don't like this decision to push forward without the VA, I'd rather them use this time to fix up older content instead.)Anyway it's good to have something concrete to look forward to since I won't be playing any new Gw2 content for who knows how long.

A new underwater mount would be cool but looking at the icon it's most definitely a skimmer and the post says one of our mounts has an undiscovered ability so it's safe to assume it's not a new mount. Underwater Skimmer makes the most sense.

@"PeerlessArch.6547" said:I know everyone is thinking skimmer based on the icon that was shown, but it might be a new mount ability for all mounts? Or a different one. Maybe they just arbitrarily chose the skimmer to post on the page? =)

The said in the text "one of your mounts", so it wont be a generic one (I thought it too until I reread the article)

@PeerlessArch.6547 said:I know everyone is thinking skimmer based on the icon that was shown, but it might be a new mount ability for all mounts? Or a different one. Maybe they just arbitrarily chose the skimmer to post on the page? =)

Why would the go out of their way to choose an icon from one of the lesser used/popular mounts to generate excitement?

@"Excursion.9752" said:The new mount ability will be like Victory Rock but on a mount...

Well that would be too lame, at first i thought the same, but if you put all the puzzles pieces together ("one of your mounts", "skimmer mastery icon", so important to put it in the roadmap), then yes it might be what everyone expects, underwater ability for skimmer (an underused mount).

Underwater diving sounds cool...but my hummingbird skin won't do too well beneath the waves. :s For that reason, I kind of hope that's not what the new ability is, but I can't think of any other possibilities at the moment.

Plus I'd love to get a whole different mount for underwater navigation, because I think it deserves its own set of varying movement skills rather than a single "dive" skill on the skimmer.

An underwater mount at this point in time would be wasted since we are still in a moratorium on uw content. Rather I hope it is a skill which makes the skimmer more useful in other contexts. I think it is probably integrated with terrain features in the new episode. Some possibilities from my short list would be resistance to environmental freezing (the bane of Bjora Marches) or the ability to use updrafts, adding situational advantages in places like VB.

@"Sockski.4297" said:Underwater diving sounds cool...but my hummingbird skin won't do too well beneath the waves. :s For that reason, I kind of hope that's not what the new ability is, but I can't think of any other possibilities at the moment.

Plus I'd love to get a whole different mount for underwater navigation, because I think it deserves its own set of varying movement skills rather than a single "dive" skill on the skimmer.

A new mount would be nice, but I wouldn't want another ridiculous grind that requires 250 of each map currency like for unlocking the skyscale.

Two new interesting speculations for the new mount ability.

1. Being able to gather while mounted.

2. As most others have said some form of underwater ability for the skimmer mount, which could be in line for the upcoming Cantha expansion and possible sea dragon.