Thank you Anet, for ruining the one Necromancer build I enjoyed playing...

jpsssss.7530

I know Well of Corruption and Well of Darkness got buffed, but every other well lost a lot of good stuff AND got a cooldown increase if you were using the trait... As someone who uses wells on Necromancer, I'd rather all the well changes be undone. I actually liked having some good protection up-time to make up for being immobile. Thank you Anet for ruining the one Necromancer build I actually enjoyed playing...

In short, why nerf skills that have very little use? Like Well of Power and Well of Blood were already used very little... So why nerf them?

It's a price to pay, sure, but the option and number of doors that playing wells and not being tied to blood magic opens is likely worth the cost.

You say why change something that hardly picked and...well that's the entire reason..it's hardly picked.

Well are stronger for a majority of builds now and may see some decent use.

It's lame for sure.

No more protection. No more funky sustain from the Siphon.

For what? A trait that is probably only going to be used by Core Bunker builds in PvP? Which was already a strong build.

Wells being usable without Blood Magic spec? Not that this really changes much, if anything the most interesting aspect about Well builds is the buff to Well of Darkness, making it actually usable and thus have some interesting opportunities for Condi Reaper which was independent of the trait change. Power Reaper and Power Scourge will continue using Well of Suffering as they always have even without Blood Magic because it's still by far the strongest Necro skill for Power builds.

Well of Corruption gets a little bit of extra usability for bombing in WvW due to the reduced CD for extra availability. Well of Power is still poop, especially now that Scourge Brand bombing will be more prevalent and so masses of Condi's will be dumped on people and WoP's paltry 1 condi conversion per second won't do jack.

Which kind of highlights the point that ANet missed. Wells were underused because basically only Well of Suffering was worth running and it was just fine baseline especially since builds that wanted it (DPS builds) didn't really need the utility of AoE protection from Vampiric Wells (Or Blood Magic as a whole).

The buff to Well of Darkness's effect will be what makes it used, not the lack of need to go for Vampiric Wells. While Well of Corruption and Well of Power are still very niche in when they're are useful and likely won't see much play still.

All they really needed to do is enhance WoC and WoP and possibly also WoB (Given that Sand Flare generally outperforms it) for supportive builds and Vampiric Wells would have been just fine.

Instead, now we've lost an entire build and also every Blood Magic build now is forced to take a purely defensive/supportive GM trait as there's no offensive option any more.

Arenanet may have wanted players to use Spectral Armor and not wells for protection. After all, wells are a staple of WvW and PvP and already provide area denial.

WoD seems like decent compensation because it now supports both power and condi builds better.

Also, that unkillable bunker meme-Necro needed a trim so I cannot fault Arenanet for ditching the protection and siphons.

I don't see any issues here. Well builds got expanded at slight shavings to power and the sustain core necro might require use of the dodge roll once in a while. It changes nothing else established, but opens more doors away from BM for wells.

If only we could have gotten the "in shroud" passive bonuses for signets decoupled from Spite. Utility-skill-based traits are generally bad ideas, just like the weapon ones.

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:I don't see any issues here. Well builds got expanded at slight shavings to power and the sustain core necro might require use of the dodge roll once in a while. It changes nothing else established, but opens more doors away from BM for wells.

If only we could have gotten the "in shroud" passive bonuses for signets decoupled from Spite. Utility-skill-based traits are generally bad ideas, just like the weapon ones.

Only doors it opens that the wells are now more spawnable, at least being forced to take blood-line for the improvments reduce the dmg-output or defence.

I could even 1 vs 1 core-nerco using the wells for survival (healing/protection was useful) or teamfights but now they just pure damage skills and my build (which dosent carry or rewards for faceroll) has been destroyed.

Options are spawnable scourge if it works, angry reaper or core-meme-easy-nerco which is now most used and op build that carries players.

PVP just a brainless spawn party with boring game-play options or fall to bottom.

Seems meme-core-nerco build pretty much been buff'd with extra options.

@jpsssss.7530 said:I know Well of Corruption and Well of Darkness got buffed, but every other well lost a lot of good stuff AND got a cooldown increase if you were using the trait... As someone who uses wells on Necromancer, I'd rather all the well changes be undone. I actually liked having some good protection up-time to make up for being immobile. Thank you Anet for ruining the one Necromancer build I actually enjoyed playing...

In short, why nerf skills that have very little use? Like Well of Power and Well of Blood were already used very little... So why nerf them?

Adapt and adjust. All of us have had our favourite build ruined at some point or other. Rather than moaning on forums, you could learn to adapt and change your build accordingly.

@Methuselah.4376 said:

@jpsssss.7530 said:I know Well of Corruption and Well of Darkness got buffed, but every other well lost a lot of good stuff AND got a cooldown increase if you were using the trait... As someone who uses wells on Necromancer, I'd rather all the well changes be undone. I actually liked having some good protection up-time to make up for being immobile. Thank you Anet for ruining the one Necromancer build I actually enjoyed playing...

Adapt and adjust. All of us have had our favourite build ruined at some point or other. Rather than moaning on forums, you could learn to adapt and change your build accordingly.

There are already small amount of options that can compete with meta, well's trait was part of my build that made it work... not everyone like effect-less/faceroll builds like core-nerco.

Bots can play core-nercos better then humans lol cus the build like most meta carries, i rather not be carried.

@Jasonbdj.4021 said:You basiclly encouraged nerco facetanking core build that are already annoying.There is no facetank core build anymore. Signet of undeath saw a nerf in its general life force generation and the trait does not improve the life force generation out of shroud anymore. You can't passively generate an absurd amount of life force in the 10s shroud cooldown anymore. Core bunker is dead. I've duelled a few of these yesterday. Laughable!

There are two viable reaper builds (both power) and one viable core build (condi) left for pvp or smallscale. Large scale it's still all about scourge of course.

And for pve there is nothing to complain at all. Power reaper and condi reaper got a 10% dps buff.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Jasonbdj.4021 said:You basiclly encouraged nerco facetanking core build that are already annoying.There is no facetank core build anymore. Signet of undeath saw a nerf in its general life force generation and the trait does not improve the life force generation out of shroud anymore. You can't passively generate an absurd amount of life force in the 10s shroud cooldown anymore. Core bunker is dead. I've duelled a few of these yesterday. Laughable!

There are two viable reaper builds (both power) and one viable core build (condi) left for pvp or smallscale. Large scale it's still all about scourge of course.

And for pve there is nothing to complain at all. Power reaper and condi reaper got a 10% dps buff.

Briefly tell what build your running?

I never had a problem in duels with core-nerco before (just hate how effectless it is) but sadly team stuck at same mind set (target nerco) which is annoying.

Seen them taking on two people via facerolling after the update lol.

But the changes such as blood bank does encouraging bunker builds idea, new option is for the core it seems.

My main issue is losing trait that was not meta, i found protection and the siphons was quite useful. I carefully place wells (corruption and power), wasting them could get me killed as the build do not carry. Hard but it worked and fun.

Without the support from the wells the build now barely work.

@Jasonbdj.4021

I was running Well of blood, power and either corruption if nobody else was or well of suffering. I was playing a well reaper homebrew set-up for small-scale WvW. I've been playing well necro since before HoT was even announced. I was using them for defensive skills to complement offensive stats.

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:It's a price to pay, sure, but the option and number of doors that playing wells and not being tied to blood magic opens is likely worth the cost.

You say why change something that hardly picked and...well that's the entire reason..it's hardly picked.

Yes because making 3 of the five wells strictly worse while sort-of buffing two will make them used more... Not to mention the cooldown "buff" to all but well of corruption are a nerf to those of us who used the trait... Not to mention the sustain and protection losses make well of blood and well of power strictly worse than other options.

@jpsssss.7530 said:

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:It's a price to pay, sure, but the option and number of doors that playing wells and not being tied to blood magic opens is likely worth the cost.

Yes because making 3 of the five wells strictly worse while sort-of buffing two will make them used more... Not to mention the cooldown "buff" to all but well of corruption are a nerf to those of us who used the trait... Not to mention the sustain and protection losses make well of blood and well of power strictly worse than other options.

But without the trait they are now strictly better. Saying they are strictly worse is only when you consider things from one perspective: previously playing bloodmagic wells. The option exists now to play them completely without blood magic. This is the biggest gain and increase in their overall functionality and potential pick rate as utility skills. And if you are playing blood magic you have the option of picking another trait instead of being almost locked into picking VR if you want to play wells.

I get why you are upset but I see why this change was made and I agree with it.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:It's a price to pay, sure, but the option and number of doors that playing wells and not being tied to blood magic opens is likely worth the cost.

But without the trait they are now strictly better. Saying they are strictly worse is only when you consider things from one perspective: previously playing bloodmagic wells. The option exists now to play them
completely without blood magic
. This is the biggest gain and increase in their overall functionality and potential pick rate as utility skills. And if you are playing blood magic you have the option of picking another trait instead of being almost locked into picking VR if you want to play wells.

To add to Sigmoid's comment, if you want more sustain in WvW and run wells, you can now take Death Magic. Otherwise, you can run Spite or Curses, Soul Reaping, and an elite specialization for extra punch with less sustain. Trading Protection and siphons for Carapace and other selfish sustain traits is not that bad of a nerf.

Edit: looks like another hot fix reverted cool down on wells back to what they were untraited so... my bad; wells got nerfed because Vampyric Rituals is effectively deleted with only Well of Darkness as compensation in competitive modes.

Welp i said this would happen just like with spectral skills and it happened now we have yet another niche trait that wont widely be used in competitive modes and lesser effective wells than before with well of darkness being the only well that is actually an improvement.No more protectionNo more life leechHigher cooldowns.Hard nerf written in patch note code to make it look like a QoL improvement.

Now people will still complain about shroud when they lose to a necro despite well nerfs and the majority of what was also signet nerfs.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:It's a price to pay, sure, but the option and number of doors that playing wells and not being tied to blood magic opens is likely worth the cost.

But without the trait they are now strictly better. Saying they are strictly worse is only when you consider things from one perspective: previously playing bloodmagic wells. The option exists now to play them
. This is the biggest gain and increase in their overall functionality and potential pick rate as utility skills. And if you are playing blood magic you have the option of picking another trait instead of being almost locked into picking VR if you want to play wells.

Blood Bank isnt worth to replace the protection and the siphons traits for wells trait alone. I mainly see Blood Bank being useful in WvW blob fights only.

Cool down change is fine but could be an issue in WvW but the well's function was useful, not op or up. Just meta only cares for one direction, pure damage or tank. Well's add-on function was useful for a balance type build.

It was helpful for WvW roaming and PVP, could take on 1vs1 most meta.

I tried but whole class is that easy to play with no unique function/combo , effectless spam for high rewards...bots can run the class better then most humans lol.

Rather look else where to feed my PVP needs then continue this spammy mode.

@Jasonbdj.4021 said:

Blood Bank isnt worth to replace the protection and the siphons traits for wells trait alone. I mainly see Blood Bank being useful in WvW blob fights only.

Good thing you can pick up sustain other places because you no longer need to take blood magic to make wells playable in any capacity. Bloodbank isn't a replacement, its not a 1 for 1 trade, its not "I used to take VR now BB is in its place I have to take that and I don't like it".

Edit: Not sure anymore since they changed the CD's

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Good thing you can pick up sustain other places because you no longer
need
to take blood magic to make wells playable in any capacity. Bloodbank isn't a replacement, its not a 1 for 1 trade, its not "I used to take VR now BB is in its place I have to take that and I don't like it".

Edit: Not sure anymore since they changed the CD's

but the protection and the siphons part was good and useful too lol.

Well it completely destroyed now by sounds of it.

Great work anet, there wasnt even a problem with it before but your basiclly randomly trashed it, meanwhile PP theif's are melting people in pvp with coni spamming 1 skill lol