solved!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably was something simple and they feel embarrassed about it. Nobody likes to go back to the forum and add "D'oh!" to their post. Plus, a thousand other people would only read the problem and reply something like, "You know you only have to hit the ( ) key to toggle that back to normal, right?" without knowing it was solved.

That's probably mostly true. When I solve something on my own after posting, I swing back through and edit the title with a 'Solved:' in front, and then add an 'Update:' at the bottom of my original post. Another way to approach it.

Well, if this becomes the official place of all things you solved yourself (it's already got a great title!), then I'll leave one I solved today for myself.

I was having an issue with 'hitching' every so often while I was trying to play the last few days. Not really lag in the usual sense, but everything would freeze for half to a second and then recover. Turn out, I had played around with a new Windows theme and added in where you let the colors change with the pictures that change, and that was causing the issue. Turned that off, and everything returned to normal! :)