Fix pathing pls

mushweed.4370

@saerni.2584 said:We should catalog the locations where this happens and then post a single bug report thread including all of them.

LOL. Mate it would take the rest of you life.

(go @ 00:49 for port failures)Made this one almost 2.5 years ago and it was already critical. Nowadays its even more game breaking....

It seems to be an intentional thing, because the new Scourge skill Sand Swell had no errors for pathing at all and let you teleport anywhere within it's ground targeting range, was then disabled from use, and when it came back in the next test, it was giving pathing errors.

I do think that resources should not be taken if the skill fails, though

There's a line between being able to teleport anywhere and only being able to teleport where Anet wants.

For whatever reason the map designers can't easily repaint a surface to let you teleport. Instead, there are places where you can teleport from below (on some bridges) and others where you cannot. There are even a few where you can in certain spots but not in others (like the SW bridge in the Alpine Borderlands).

A few I've noticed:

1. Khylo clock tower on the side platforms
  2. Red base on Foefire has issues with the ground towards portal (often fails and spends initiative).
  3. Teleport on arena in Heart of the Mists is better but still doesn't always work.

It's been like this since forever. I was really baffled after I took a year off and realized they had actually nerfed it further...

This is something that should have been fixed years ago. The skill who have most trouble with pathing are Scorpion Wire. The main reason no one uses it are because you'll see your target move maybe 1 unit before they stop due to bad pathing.

Archived