About Those Bottles

Sugar Min.5834

@Mil.3562 said:This time round, the wvw NERF spinning bottle stopped at the Warclaw and the BUFF bottle stopped at Necro. I can't wait for the next spin.

That's how you choose to view it. For me, I see ANET fixing two mistakes they made: the first was giving Warclaws the stomp in the first place, the second was their attempt to reign in WvW Scourges by changing the shade mechanic last December, while also gut-punching Scourges in PvE for no reason. Now it remains on them to find another solution, a better solution, to Scourge effectiveness in a zerg.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:That's how you choose to view it. For me, I see ANET fixing two mistakes they made: the first was giving Warclaws the stomp in the first place, the second was their attempt to reign in WvW Scourges by changing the shade mechanic last December, while also gut-punching Scourges in PvE for no reason. Now it remains on them to find another solution, a better solution, to Scourge effectiveness in a zerg.

What do you mean "for no reason"? I am pretty sure that, for example, most Mirage nerfs are actually targeted at PvP, but ruined it for WvW, so a problem in one area is a perfect reason to ruin the class in another area of the game.

@nthmetal.9652 said:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:That's how you choose to view it. For me, I see ANET fixing two mistakes they made: the first was giving Warclaws the stomp in the first place, the second was their attempt to reign in WvW Scourges by changing the shade mechanic last December, while also gut-punching Scourges in PvE for no reason. Now it remains on them to find another solution, a better solution, to Scourge effectiveness in a zerg.

What do you mean "for no reason"? I am pretty sure that, for example, most Mirage nerfs are actually targeted at PvP, but ruined it for WvW, so a problem in one area is a perfect reason to ruin the class in another area of the game.

Yeah, I think Condi Mirage was voted #1 favourite profession of all time by WvW'ers.... /s

But flip the coin. The change to shades were done for WvW purposes, but didn't it also hit Scourges in PvP? I don't play Conquest much, but I would imagine the loss of damage around the player was a bit of a hit for a game mode revolving around node control.

Regardless, I was talking about changes made to fix an issue in competitive mode that had negative consequences in a non-competitive mode. How many dodges does a Mirage have in PvE again? Right.