Chillmancer returned

Lily.1935

I've been playing the Chillmancer build in pve for since the patch and I have to say its actually not half bad. Its a bit of a janky build and i've formulated 2 builds. Now I suck at rotations as well as its not properly geared on my character since I don't have full Grieving which is what it requires. But here's what I've come up with.

Raid version Epi swap for BiP when applicable: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSBFsE1aYZFMFWIriRil7VZzF-zRJYsx/YUouinA+uIiQKAE/8fL6+bB-eWhy Death perception? well, i'm debating on it currently, but you really aren't supposed to auto attack in shroud all that much, if at all if you can help it, but I'm not entirely sure that's the correct move. But death perception boosts the damage of all your attacks in reaper's shroud so that my justification. That might not be the correct move here, but its what I'm working with at the moment. I did manage to hit 24k with half grieving and half vipers. That isn't meta, but the build is forgiving enough for new players and shouldn't be too difficult to use. Plus you're still bulky being a reaper and get benefits from both power boosts and condi boosts your party might give out.

Open world version: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSxAsiZlVwUYhsGGJOuK/NXA-zRJYsR3/YUoqinq+uIiQKAE/8fA-eThis is designed to be as self reliant as possible. Using Dread as a means to gain the missing quickness when you lack it and you get massive fury up time. Is dread good though? Its OKAY! Not great, but the quickness is pretty valuable to keep yourself moving. In open world this works pretty well and even on the new map you'll find you can stack around 50 bleeds on foes and just spread 25 with epi. You can take parasitic contagion if you're worried about dying since this build has decent condi burst. I don't personally think that's needed, I prefer the utility and power of Lingering curse, but that's up to you. This version should also work well in dungeons and fractals. I'm not 100% on fractals but its worth giving it a shot. The staff is actually very useful on this version for its ability to drop a fear which procs dread which gives you enough time to go into shroud and Executioner's Scythe + soul spiral. So its worth giving it a shot if you've missed the old Chillmancer build.

Could this build be improved? Probably. I or someone else might discover a better path to improve the build or perhaps Arena net comes out with a new tool or buff that pushes it just a bit further. If deathly chill stacked 3 bleeds for example, this would be the Necromancer condi build of choice, no question or something similar. If chilling darkness didn't have an ICD this could push it to being just enough damage. If dagger got a buff or warhorn got an aoe fear, all of these could give it just enough.

But that seems to be the story of necromancer. Always on the edge of where they want to be but never quite there. Still, a fun build and fairly nostalgic for me. :)

Improved, may be.It'll be a min-max between ferocity, condition damage and condition duration in your build : as you can also apply burning, poison, tourment...the older condi reaper build You may hit ~34k on golem with this, with the new well of darkness.Grieving or sinister ... ? We overcap precision, but we also earn some more condi damage with precision in Curse lane ...Same for the runes, krait seems to be the optimal but we could try with Elementalist or Tempest runes

Otherwise, don't underestimate greatsword : #4 will apply 2 chill, and #3 + #5 are great life generators. The point is to use skill #5+ #4 after the Death Shroud, swap to scepter ... then go back to GS before the Death shroud.

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:Improved, may be.It'll be a min-max between ferocity, condition damage and condition duration in your build : as you can also apply burning, poison, tourment...the older condi reaper build You may hit ~34k on golem with this, with the new well of darkness.Grieving or sinister ... ? We overcap precision, but we also earn some more condi damage with precision in Curse lane ...Same for the runes, krait seems to be the optimal but we could try with Elementalist or Tempest runes

Otherwise, don't underestimate greatsword : #4 will apply 2 chill, and #3 + #5 are great life generators. The point is to use skill #5+ #4 after the Death Shroud, swap to scepter ... then go back to GS before the Death shroud.

Interesting. My concern is overcap for bleeding. But I'll look into it, I already have the gear for Viper's.

Edit: Now, is that realistic buffs or all buffs? because I used realistic buffs for my calc.

Realistic. Banners, sun spirit, frost spirit, assassins presence. Average 30k for the old one, we can expect 3-4k for high numbers with the well of darkness :open_mouth: As it's a massive skill : 6 chill + 2 from blindness + 1 or 2 bleeding from crits + okai power damage. (nerf incoming in 3, 2, ...) I'm interested to try it again but I'm a bit lazy to gear again with Grieving/sinister, mostly if it's just for open world.

But edit* they nerf dagger #4 so you you should start with Plaguelands, then Blood is power; but anyway 80% of the time these conditions are cleansed by your team so you already lose 1~3k. Same for the combo on death shroud #5 + #4 half the time you'll whirl in a light field in situation, so 4 chill less.

Plus, I haven't looked well but Signet of Vampirism could deal a bit more than the blood thing minion.

So with this build without infuz, I was able to do 33k, with spirits, banners and assassins presence.Point is to proc twice the sigil of geomancy :Swap to GS to trigger the sigil > 5+4 > Shroud > 111+3 until nightfall ends > 5+4 and leave to trigger again the sigil, swap to scepter, etc, repeat.Same for differents aoe/wells, try not to overlap.I haven't pay attention if Lingering Curse grant the +200 condition damage while in shroud; if it does, it may be interesting to leave the GS for scepter/X and just spam shroud 1 until swap off.

And then, the reality hits me : I did strikes, and as I suspected I barely do 17k at best. While with power I can do 20-24k same as all dps. I won't even try in raids, it's pointless.Life force generation is very low and break the rotation, and of course the group cleanse my self-condi after corruptions skills + I whirl in symbols. + the minion dies every minutes 1strike/2.May be try with Chilling Victory or focus.

Edit, I did better, ~20k, with Chilling victory and the heal shout.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Condi Reaper is one of the builds that without a doubt got buffed this patch, now having Well of Darkness and Signet of Vampirism both providing DPS buffs.

Vampirism isn't a dps buff, it's basically the same as minion damage.

It's a bit higher than Blood Fiend dps, so it's a buff for melee range.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Condi Reaper is one of the builds that without a doubt got buffed this patch, now having Well of Darkness and Signet of Vampirism both providing DPS buffs.

Drarnor Kunoram.5180 is right. It's an extremely slight DPS gain and an HPS nerf. I think it could use a slight buff. Maybe make it scale a little more with power, and increase the radius to 300 at least.

@Nimon.7840 said:

Signet of Vampirism is higher DPS than fiend and hits per second whereas fiend hits every 3 seconds. The only downside is you lose it when entering shroud.

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:So with this build without infuz, I was able to do 33k, with spirits, banners and assassins presence.Point is to proc twice the sigil of geomancy :Swap to GS to trigger the sigil > 5+4 > Shroud > 111+3 until nightfall ends > 5+4 and leave to trigger again the sigil, swap to scepter, etc, repeat.Same for differents aoe/wells, try not to overlap.I haven't pay attention if Lingering Curse grant the +200 condition damage while in shroud; if it does, it may be interesting to leave the GS for scepter/X and just spam shroud 1 until swap off.

And then, the reality hits me : I did strikes, and as I suspected I barely do 17k at best. While with power I can do 20-24k same as all dps. I won't even try in raids, it's pointless.Life force generation is very low and break the rotation, and of course the group cleanse my self-condi after corruptions skills + I whirl in symbols. + the minion dies every minutes 1strike/2.May be try with Chilling Victory or focus.

Do you have the means to record yourself doing that 33k on condi Reaper and share that video please? I am very interested in seeing it, even if personally I do not like condi Reaper.

@Methuselah.4376 said:

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:So with this
without infuz, I was able to do 33k, with spirits, banners and assassins presence.Point is to proc twice the sigil of geomancy :Swap to GS to trigger the sigil > 5+4 > Shroud > 111+3 until nightfall ends > 5+4 and leave to trigger again the sigil, swap to scepter, etc, repeat.Same for differents aoe/wells, try not to overlap.I haven't pay attention if Lingering Curse grant the +200 condition damage while in shroud; if it does, it may be interesting to leave the GS for scepter/X and just spam shroud 1 until swap off.

Do you have the means to record yourself doing that 33k on condi Reaper and share that video please? I am very interested in seeing it, even if personally I do not like condi Reaper.

Same as this one, but with well of darkness.

Differences with his rotation :You use GS #5+#4 before shroud, otherwise you'll overlap with well of darkness and lose dps or time in your rotation. Well of darkness is very high DPS, so you should use it as soon as possible when you're on scepter to take advantage of the +200 Condition Damage.He forgot to use shroud #3, og course you use it; and i'm pretty sure shroud #2 is worth to useSame, he used gravedigger ; it's pointless *edit in practice (if you can't stand in your field), better use Death spiral it is same dps and more useful in practice if you're low on life force.

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:So with this
without infuz, I was able to do 33k, with spirits, banners and assassins presence.Point is to proc twice the sigil of geomancy :Swap to GS to trigger the sigil > 5+4 > Shroud > 111+3 until nightfall ends > 5+4 and leave to trigger again the sigil, swap to scepter, etc, repeat.Same for differents aoe/wells, try not to overlap.I haven't pay attention if Lingering Curse grant the +200 condition damage while in shroud; if it does, it may be interesting to leave the GS for scepter/X and just spam shroud 1 until swap off.

Same as this one, but with well of darkness.

Differences with his rotation :You use GS #5+#4 before shroud, otherwise you'll overlap with well of darkness and lose dps or time in your rotation. Well of darkness is very high DPS, so you should use it as soon as possible when you're on scepter to take advantage of the +200 Condition Damage.He forgot to use shroud #3, og course you use it; and i'm pretty sure shroud #2 is worth to useSame, he used gravedigger ; it's pointless. Death spiral is same dps here and more useful in practice if you're low on life force.

Oh, That's an interesting DPS meter. I don't have one, I was looking at the game's DPS meter. Which I was getting around 24k. I'm not great at rotations though so, yeah. But looks good. Could you link me to that DPS meter? The in game one seems to average 28k for you which is around what I predicted.

I tried this. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAsiFlRwUYgsKGJWuX1NTA-zRJYmRHfhUZE0RBESKo5sAx0G-eBenchmark alone is lower, but it is easier in practice : no chill based on whirl, DS #4 and GS #2.So I swap to GS to trigger the sigil, #5 #4, then DS #4 #3 #2, 2 auto-chain for burnings, leave, then Scepter, etc. I should have tried with runes of nighmare, editor says it's better.

I’ve been derping around with a chill power build doing absolutely chad amounts of burst.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSxAEhjlVwUYbsGWJOOLbNdA-zRRYBRNPbEMjShgqdKEPQrUBqOIBxgHA-e

It’s basically just giving me as much chill as I can get, proccing chilling nova constantly and getting the damage modifiers from chilled targets. The only survivability trait is weakening shroud, but honestly, shroud is all you need cause chill is rad af.

It’s fun, probably not optimal or anything, but I enjoy it.