Can someone explain to me why Dagger 4 was nerfed in PvE?

DanAlcedo.3281

Well dagger off-hand was used coupled with corruption skills (mainly BiP). The change is such that it can now only totally mitigate the use of a single corruption skill coupled with master of corruption, while before it mitigated the use of 2 different corruption skills. In short, if before the player was using both Blood is Power and Corrupt Boon against a boss, now the player will totally ditch Corrupt Boon. It's a nerf to condi build worth 2 bleed stacks and 0.5 poison stack.

@Dadnir.5038 said:Well dagger off-hand was used coupled with corruption skills (mainly BiP). The change is such that it can now only totally mitigate the use of a single corruption skill coupled with master of corruption, while before it mitigated the use of 2 different corruption skills. In short, if before the player was using both Blood is Power and Corrupt Boon against a boss, now the player will totally ditch Corrupt Boon. It's a nerf to condi build worth 2 bleed stacks and 0.5 poison stack.

Thanks for the explanation.

Also what the flying F.

This skill is almost useless anyway.On paper, yes, you can accumulate conditions on you, transfer your 20sec auto-bleeding; but in situation with the 10 light fields and cleanses per second you already lose your conditions before you finish to cast your Blood Is Power. 2 or 3 conditions ....or so zero most of the time, who cares ?That the reason Scourge and condi reaper are trash tier in raids, way below the benchmark on golem, because they depend of unworkable gimmicks once with players. .

Honestly to be really usefull it should be instant cast for targets at 400 radius.Or you charge a spell that keep conditions on you with a "condicleanse immunity" and after 3 sec or when you have a number of conditions on you it unleashs them to a nearby foe.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:This skill is almost useless anyway.On paper, yes, you can accumulate conditions on you, transfer your 20sec auto-bleeding; but in situation with the 10 light fields and cleanses per second you already lose your conditions before you finish to cast your Blood Is Power. 2 or 3 conditions ....or so zero most of the time, who cares ?That the reason Scourge and condi reaper are trash tier in raids, way below the benchmark on golem, because they depend of unworkable gimmicks once with players. .

Honestly to be really usefull it should be instant cast for targets at 400 radius.Or you charge a spell that keep conditions on you with a "condicleanse immunity" and after 3 sec or when you have a number of conditions on you it unleashs them to a nearby foe.

Being reflectable made it an almost suicidal skill too, at times.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:I dont get it.

Was there a way to cheese a random fractal or something?

A nerf to afk farming?

Its not that i care much but this change is so nonsensical to me it hurts my brain.

I NEED TO KNOW WHY!

Anet hates necros, that is why. they just want them to be boon corrupt bots and nothing else. so be like everyone else, take your nerf bat beating with a smile and don't complain, it's not like they listen to us anyways