Riptide VS Spellbreakers

Hana.8143

So basically, Use riptide, spellbreaker uses full counter, you take the FC in the face.Use Riptide when someone has a shocking aura, and you're stunned. (and since dagger ele main hand is dead, the only things which are played with the shocking aura are the LR ele players (who don't proc shocking aura on riptide) people who play with the rune of surging, which is the case of a lot of warriors, and that's it)

Isn't Riptide supposed to be a defensive skill ?Why does it have damage ?Is it the only way they find for riptide to be countered ?

But in this case, it's countered by spellbreaker 90% of the time.it doesn't benefit the other classes which need to run hard cc they need to put on the ground.In PvP, the damage on riptide only benefits spellbreakers which is a joke considering it's strong enough as it is against weaver. (never get interrupted by scourges, mesmers, and found myself stunned only one time by a thief because trait)

I'm not against a way to counter riptide, I just don't understand why the only class which can counter it is the most broken one, while the others can't.

your thoughts ?

Riptide is a movement skill more then a defensive skill that how a lot of sword skill on weaver end up being not def or offensive but movement. The dmg skill on sword are the auto chains and the 3 skills for the most part the 2 skills are movement skills. Even things like light flash cant get over cc ele lacks "free" moment effects over all not just sword.I would love to see as more of a "what if" of tempest and core ele using a sword over weaver i think we would see better use from these set up then weaver it self.

When you use riptide, you do damage at your location and then you evade, if the spellbreaker uses FC before you start the skill, you'll be interrupted. And since FC is... FC, sometimes you just can't prevent this to happen, and it's kinda frustrating :<Only thieves and hard cc put on the ground can interrupt you while you're evading. But considering there are no hard cc on the ground, except DH trap, and not that many chance to be cc'ed by a thief during the evade... you'll always end up being interrupted by a SB.That's what I call a balance problem, it's like, made for SB only. Once again, I'm not against riptide to be countered, I just don't know why SB is the only class which can do it easily why other classes need to have a pretty specific skill / trait. Who play core warrior or berzerker in pvp nowaday ? People who don't own PoF, and tbh, since PoF launch, if's seen none.

@Hana.8143 said:When you use riptide, you do damage at your location and then you evade, if the spellbreaker uses FC before you start the skill, you'll be interrupted. And since FC is... FC, sometimes you just can't prevent this to happen, and it's kinda frustrating :<Only thieves and hard cc put on the ground can interrupt you while you're evading. But considering there are no hard cc on the ground, except DH trap, and not that many chance to be cc'ed by a thief during the evade... you'll always end up being interrupted by a SB.That's what I call a balance problem, it's like, made for SB only. Once again, I'm not against riptide to be countered, I just don't know why SB is the only class which can do it easily why other classes need to have a pretty specific skill / trait. Who play core warrior or berzerker in pvp nowaday ? People who don't own PoF, and tbh, since PoF launch, if's seen none.

There a lot of skills that gives you movement and dmg at the same time on ele BS on dagger main is this many times over. Think of it like this but a means of moving away.

Archived