WvW Scourge nerf

Lahmia.2193

Necromancer

• Shade Skills: Reduced the target cap of shades from 3 to 2 in WvW only. Reduced the target cap of greater shades from 5 to 2 in WvW only.
  • Well of Corruption: Increased cooldown from 32 seconds to 40 seconds in WvW only.
  • Well of Suffering: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 30 seconds in WvW only.
  • Well of Power: Increased cooldown from 35 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Well of Blood: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Well of Darkness: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure the thought process behind making the greater shades equal to normal shades. Is my thinking wrong here? If I lay down one greater shade I can only hit two targets but if I lay down 3 normal shades i can hit 6. So wouldn't it be crazy to take the greater shade now? If I am correct maybe greater shades should have only been reduced 3 or 4 targets not 2.

Im happy for the scourge nerfs that will make for a healthier WvW zerg game mode, for all of those that mode appealed to. However - in small scale - it is an entirely different story.

Removing Vampiric Rituals protection and significantly weakening signet trait roamer builds with the new changes just further kills experimental builds in favor of the 1 dimensional zerk reaper or core ping pong ball.

Which is exactly the opposite of what they wrote about in the patch notes summary for the class.

ANet business as usual: 1 step forward, 2 steps back

• remove the well trait and the sustain it grants
  • add an inferior replacement, but at least lower the global wells cooldowns to traited levels
  • go back to the former long cooldowns, without an option to improve the wells

Ridiculous.

Yes well of darkness is better than before, but the other 4 wells are not.

@"Xyaren.7642" said:Most ridiculous "hotfix" ever.Why not just revert the well changes ?Nerfing a classes main mechanic like this. Insane.

I'd rather they kept shades how they were before (damage only triggers on yourself or shade) but made it so the boon conversion and barrier from f2/f3 only happen at your location.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@"Xyaren.7642" said:Most ridiculous "hotfix" ever.Why not just revert the well changes ?Nerfing a classes main mechanic like this. Insane.

I'd rather they kept shades how they were before (damage only triggers on yourself or shade) but made it so the boon conversion and barrier from f2/f3 only happen at your location.

Yes, basically anylthing is better than shades that only hit 2 player per location.This makes the scourges main mechanic not feasable for wvw zerging anymore.

@KrHome.1920 said:ANet business as usual: 1 step forward, 2 steps back

• add an inferior replacement, but at least lower the global wells cooldowns to traited levels

Ridiculous.

Well of Suffering and Corruption we're pretty dam good in WvW aswell and still are.

This patch just shows so much ignorance.

Before this patch, you actually had a good balance of classes in zergs:

Eles were hard to play but did 2-3times more damage than a necroRevs were kinda easy to play and did 1,3-1,5times more damage than necro.

Then they nerfed scourge, less targets but lower well cooldowns. and now it's only half the number of targets with also higher wells cooldowns?

This might lead to 2 changes in wvw meta:

1. Stack even more scourges because there's still a kitten ton of boonspam and you have to counter that
  2. Remove necro's from squads and take only revs. They do a lot more (spike)damage and give a lot of valuable boons.

There's some other scenarios, bit I think those two are the likeliest.

Can we finally get a patch that makes scourge pure support?

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:ANet business as usual: 1 step forward, 2 steps back

Ridiculous.

Well of Suffering and Corruption we're pretty dam good in WvW aswell and still are.My point is the wells are now exactly like they have been before the 7.7. patch, but there does not exist an option to buff them anymore while the gm replacement can not compensate this lost utility.

ANet buffs things to overnerf them right afterwards. And they do this on a regular basis. The signets are another example or core shroud that has now a fixed 4% degeneration (pvp) after the 2% option was removed and a 3% degeneration was added, which turned out to be problematic.

Scourge shades follow the same weird "buff, then hardnerf" logic.

Cluelessness at its best.

Such thing like foresight does not exist in this company.

@aaron.7850 said:Necros have been topping the damage meters in wvw for years. In many cases, by 300% to 400% the amount, dwarfing all other classes considerably with their god-tier Scourge build.

Welcome to being balanced, enjoy your stay.

The trade off was that necromancer has 0 mobility, 0 stability (if you think well of power is an actual skill now you're high AF) and stunbreaks with long cooldowns. Necros also only top the DPS meters because they're the most common damage class. The other top tier builds are kitten minstrels builds.

@aaron.7850 said:Necros have been topping the damage meters in wvw for years. In many cases, by 300% to 400% the amount, dwarfing all other classes considerably with their god-tier Scourge build.

Welcome to being balanced, enjoy your stay.

Did you play the game for the last year? Cause that's not the case. Eles and revs were doing much more damage than scourges.

If a rev was below the damage of a scourge in a zergfight, you could tell, that he either resetted or is a bad player.

One extreme to the next. This is anything but balance. This is a knee jerk reaction from a player base that does not know how to avoid red circles. They did need to rework the number of targets not completely gut it. If they are going to reduce the amount of targets for AOE's they need to have sweeping changes across the board. Even with healing.

After watching the last live stream I thought just maybe they had a good understanding of how to balance the scourge. Boy was I wrong.

@Excursion.9752 said:One extreme to the next. This is anything but balance. This is a knee jerk reaction from a player base that does not know how to avoid red circles. They did need to rework the number of targets not completely gut it. If they are going to reduce the amount of targets for AOE's they need to have sweeping changes across the board. Even with healing.

After watching the last live stream I thought just maybe they had a good understanding of how to balance the scourge. Boy was I wrong.

When devs stream next time, camp them with power hammer revs and longbow soulbeasts. Oneshot them as soon as they go out of spawn.Perma immob them so they are never ever able to move again.

Guess we just have to make it more obvious, what really is extremely overperforming atm