Bring back Vampiric rituals trait

Emapudapus.1307

Blood bank only triggers when you are already at full health, hence the fight is easy and you dont need the barrier.When you're taking damage and need to recover, blood bank will do nothing to help.80% of the time the trait will do nothing and the other 20% its effects are unneeded.

Blood Bank should change to 5 targets when using Sand Savant and we also need healing weapon to get some allies healing skills.Making GW2 so flat build wise is just sad. We need more options...But the game is old, I guess we will never get anything better then this...

I'm neutral there. I'm a fan of neither of the traits.I would say that vampiric ritual is "better" than Blood bank because the necromancer tend to lack "reactive" defense. But in the end it's like chosing between getting the flu or getting tonsillitis.

Vampiric Rituals was not an amazing trait, but it's at least more interesting than Blood Bank.

All VR really needed was a little bit of an update and some buffed Wells. WoD got a buff in the patch, leaving just WoB, Well of Power (Apparently the abbreviation for this is censored?) and WoC that need that little extra boost.

For example, if VR would pulse Protection for allies and also made Wells apply a stack of Bleed per pulse.

WoB could add Life Siphon to allies attacks.

Well of Power could provide more Might stacks and maybe even Fury (Given that Blood is Power exists for Necro for Mightshare)

WoC could just get a smidge more power scaling.

There. Wells are more interesting baseline and Vampiric Rituals is more enticing.

But this would require the logic that is apparently foreign to ANet of buffing the underutilized skills to make them more appealing.

Vampuric Rituals was useful for both solo play and group support.Blood Bank is only usefeul in groups with lots of healing and it's entirely selfish.

I don't mind keeping Blood Bank in the game but not at the expense of Vampuric Rituals, get rid of another trait instead or Add Vampuric Rituals Well siphon and protection to other traits.

Ritual of Life: Cast Lesser Well of Blood when reviving an ally. Wells of Blood revive allies every pulse.Well skills now siphon health but only to players within them.

Last Rites: As long as you are not downed, allies near you do not bleed out while downed. Gain Healing Power based on your current health.Wells give protection.

Something like that would be fine.

I tried blood bank and I found the amounts of barrier you could get very underwhelming. I wasnt running a full healer build, but even then I got literally 40 barrier at best. Let's not forget that Blood bank is effectively a dead trait if you're not full health.

I don’t really like that Blood Bank is designed to be only good when supported by allies.In general, I would enjoy a more selfish Necromancer in competitive modes, to make it more in line with what Necromancer is in PvE.Selfish as someone who doesn’t need to be supported to be somewhat good, not as someone who can’t support anyone.

Absolutely bring back Vampiric Rituals and move Blood Bank somewhere else or delete it for all I care. Now that they reverted the cooldown reductions of all wells in WvW and most wells in PvP there is hardly any compensation for the removal of Vampiric Rituals - which was niche anyway.

Didn't care for the placement of the trait. Not a fan of blood bank either. Replace blood bank and replace Banshee's wail. Fuse Banshee's wail with fear of death that converts the wail of doom into a fear and put Vampiric ritual in the master tier slot and remove blood bank for something else. They could just replace blood bank with Parasitic contagion and make a more appropriate trait for curses too.

I'm just musical chairs with my suggestions today.

@Flumek.9043 said:blood bank is totally useless,

a classic necro design fail of overkill instead of reliability.

I wouldn't say that it's useless, just that it's a counter-intuitive trait. It's basically here to create a 3rd temporary health pool when you are at full health which isn't exactly what you're looking for when you are at full health.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

I wouldn't say that it's useless, just that it's a counter-intuitive trait. It's basically here to create a 3rd temporary health pool when you are at full health which isn't exactly what you're looking for when you are at full health.

Anet probably thought that people would appreciate a use for wasted healing at max health. But forgot that the times when Necro would need to have use of it, they wouldn't be at max health.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

Anet probably thought that people would appreciate a use for wasted healing at max health. But forgot that the times when Necro would need to have use of it, they wouldn't be at max health.

They actually probably forgot shroud is Necro's defense mechanic.

@Anchoku.8142 said:

I'm sure they are extremly conscious of it. ANet's devs like to emphasize the necromancer's tools, they do it ad nauseum. Like how they've gone in a rampage on boon corruption from HoT release which culminated at PoF release with scourge. Now, it's the same they overdo health point as a mean of defense. I find it pitiful to see that their answer is always to slap more on top of already to much when a design don't exactly live to expectation.

@Anchoku.8142 said:

They probably wish Necro players would forget about Necro, can't be asked to try anymore, and just wish people would quit complaining so they could go work on the gemstore or PvE teams or have more time to play on Twitter.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Flumek.9043" said:blood bank is totally useless,

I'm sure they are extremly conscious of it. ANet's devs like to emphasize the necromancer's tools, they do it ad nauseum. Like how they've gone in a rampage on boon corruption from HoT release which culminated at PoF release with scourge. Now, it's the same they overdo health point as a mean of defense. I find it pitiful to see that their answer is always to slap more on top of already to much when a design don't exactly live to expectation.

"Boons are out of control! Necromancer to the balance rescue! Oh, wait... there are really a lot of boons. Now conditions are out of control! Nerf-hammer! Wait, wut? IDK, let's nerf everything and rebalance later." <Insert more random buff/nerfs.> "It's what we do, anyway."

@Tman.6349 said:

They probably wish Necro players would forget about Necro, can't be asked to try anymore, and just wish people would quit complaining so they could go work on the gemstore or PvE teams or have more time to play on Twitter.

Gem store for the win in game balance! Fashion wars at its finest.