A couple traits that could be beter for engi and holo

Lunateric.3708

These are mostly PvE issues but feel free to pitch in on what you feel could be looked at.

Explosives has currently two issues on two different tiers:

• Blasting Zone and Glass Cannon on the same tier being both power DPS increases, no diversity there.
  • Shrapnel is a bigger DPS increase than Orbital Command on power builds AND condi builds, meaning Orbital Command is lacking a lot of everything. For it to be on par with other similar traits it would have to produce similar numbers to Bolt to the Heart, Executioner or Swift Termination (All GM traits with the same HP% threshold to proc) or be changed on its functionality (what if there was a trait that did damage when you blast a field?, would have better synergy there)..The ICD is imho extremely long too: proc every 15 seconds but also only on mobs < 50% is way overkill.

There's currently one major issue on the Holosmith:

• Crystal Configuration: Storm has reduced damage, only interacts with Shrapnel (condi trait) and Steel-Packed Powder (vuln on explosions) but produces single projectiles making grenade autos still absolutely better for any condi build (3 independent shrapnel procs). Has to be updated so it can maybe compete as filler for condi builds but it also has to be sufficiently strong to offset the fact you can't access kits for 6 seconds on a condi build, that can also be achieved adding condi procs to other skills of course. As condi holo is right now it can't compete with vanilla condi engi in any way.

I was about to try and figure out how to post that beating a dead horse gif just based on the title of this post, but I actually agree on these and think they are pretty sensible.

The Explosives traits you listed especially really feel like they aren't finished. That trait line was halfway updated but some of the old clashes with the new.

I would like to see CC:S have an inherent bleed proc or something to help combat the lower damage and bleed proc from Grenadier like you said. There's no power damage choice on this tier of traits, but that's okay with me I kinda like the stability/barrier trait. I think the super speed one is a little weak as well.

Archived