Warclaw damage

People think warclaw has been nerfed but it hasn't:

• still retains boons like aegis, doesn't matter that lance ignores aegis, players who aren't mounted or do not have pof have to deal with the aegis first.
  • can still do the one shots with know how from mount
  • can still get rune/sigil and trait procs, also from template swapsThese are only some of the issues still available on warclaw on top of giving extra hp, extra 2 dodge, cc immunityThey can also pretty much be immune to condi if you know how.If you think the warclaw isn't strong nor has things that can be abused on it, you either might not know how it is achieved or are using those very things. Btw, ranger isn't the only one that can pull it off what is in the video. There are other things but it's best not to even mention.

Given it can only hit one target, I really don't have to much of an issue with this. The animation is one of the most obvious in the game and so easily dodged, you can't stealth to do it from surprise, and there is a ton of dismounted set up involved in most high damage casts of it during which you should either get in combat yourself or mount and run away.

It might be slightly annoying if people do this leaping into a zerg, but then the target has boons up and is getting healed, so that 30k becomes 20k (or less assuming DR food and it doesn't get blocked) and that's if you even hit the right target that you put your damage increases on. The most problematic aspect is probably in small scale outnumbered situations where someone showing up on mount while you're already fighting might pop you. But is that really any different from just OWP Sic Em Rapid Firing them?

The Warclaw is so useless now and still there are cries for nerfs. It never ends does it? It hits only one miserable target, and under what circumstances and how many players and how often can you hit 30k damage with that leap? 1 out of 50? 100? GW2 has to be the only game where players keep calling for nerfs because they have issues adapting.

@God.2708 said:Given it can only hit one target, I really don't have to much of an issue with this. The animation is one of the most obvious in the game and so easily dodged,

Yeah, what is shown in the video is just a meme, that while it shouldn't exist, it's impact isn't really worth addressing.

That said, I maintain that the Warclaw's default damage is too high, and by high, I mean larger than 0.

When a single dismounted player has to deal with a single mounted player coming at them, they either eat a 3-5k damage hit, are forced to use a dodge, or blow a cooldown to avoid/mitigate that damage...all while the mounted player has zero risk of taking any damage, and is dismounted at full health having used no cooldowns - heck of an advantage considering all they had to was be mounted. Skilled play at it's best, yes?

For the defender, the best outcome they can hope for is that if they happen to be a Guardian, the Warclaw just eats their Aegis (which I'm assuming would block the Warclaw's Maul.....?).

The Warclaw has faster speed, 10k health, makes the rider immune to CC, has Sniff, has lolchain pull, can dismount/tag things with Lance, and can do 1635 base Damage +20% vs downed players...and that is all it should have.

We finally got rid of the insta-stomp on Maul, now all that's left is you get rid of the damage. If the coding requires at least a damage value to exist, fine - change it to inflict 100 damage, and also make it unblockable so it can't be used to strip Aegis.

Because honestly people, if you object to this idea and think it's fine that the Warclaw can dish out damage with a dismount, then the only alternative that remains that brings this mount into some semblance of balance would be to either have the Warclaw's health be shared with the rider, so any damage it takes is removed from the player's health pool, or if the mount is downed via damage, the player goes into downed state as well (similar to how Bond of Life works).

Personally I'm not a fan of either idea, as I appreciate being able to use the Warclaw as a bit of a damage sponge while positioning, so the tradeoff needs to be we can't inflict damage on dismounted players (unless in downed state, apparently)

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

That said, I maintain that the Warclaw's default damage is too high, and by high, I mean larger than 0....

I dunno. If it is a situation where you are 1v1 and a mounted player is running up to you, you have the option of mounting yourself basically always unless you dragged yourself into combat first. In which case... eat/dodge the damage and be slightly more aware next time.

If it is the mounted rider leaping onto you when you are in an outnumbered situation, honestly there are a thousand and one worse things they could do instead of mount leap on me. Doing so means they didn't boon up at all, gave an easy animation with no CC I can follow up on, and potentially threw their element of surprise away on a 3-5k hit.

I'd guess I'd buy into reducing the base damage by like 25% and increasing the damage to downs to 50% or something, to match the every other damage nerf in Feb, but it really doesn't strike me as a large concern. I get more annoyed at being chased by 3 people in constant mount dismount cycles that won't ever let me out of combat than I do by the damage of it.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Dont think I have ever seen anyone do this in actual WvW combat.

Probably because it isnt practical to tell the enemy to hold up pause for a moment, let you dismount, buff up and then mount again.

You leave your dirty logic out of the anti-Warclaw memes!

@Mil.3562 said:The Warclaw is so useless now and still there are cries for nerfs. It never ends does it? It hits only one miserable target, and under what circumstances and how many players and how often can you hit 30k damage with that leap? 1 out of 50? 100? GW2 has to be the only game where players gankers keep calling for nerfs because they have issues adapting.

FTFY.

Ok, I guess the video just shows that the damage modifier on Ranger skills finally has to go. It should be gone anyway for a long time. If after the power creep nerf you can still get hit by 10k Maul with GS it's an issue. Not an almost never will happen mount skill + profession skill combination.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Dont think I have ever seen anyone do this in actual WvW combat.

Probably because it isnt practical to tell the enemy to hold up pause for a moment, let you dismount, buff up and then mount again.Don't say those things, there are plenty of whiny Necros around these days who are looking to exert their revenge by asking to get every other class nerfed. It is dangerous to be logical like that :# .

People could have exactly the same armour ,weapons ,damage , hP and would still be asking for nerfs . We could be all turned into Ettins with nothing more than a club to battle with and people would still be calling for nerfs on rangers.It's been 8 years! Learn how to play the flipping game!