Where is the option for cheaters report? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Where is the option for cheaters report?

abelsgmx.7530abelsgmx.7530 Member ✭✭

I tried to report cheater players but don't see any option for cheat

Comments

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

You cannot in game, you have to make a ticket and if you can provide proof of that cheating. A video would be best I guess.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

@abelsgmx.7530 said:
    I tried to report cheater players but don't see any option for cheat

I ask myself this question too.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Lightning Specter.9568Lightning Specter.9568 Member ✭✭
    edited July 11, 2020

its on their wiki that reporting them as botting is the correct option
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reporting

• Don't worry about them. Anet doesn't.

• Sadly yeah, ANet is kinda scared to do anything to hackers, even with video evidence. We had an instance where an enemy spawned at our spawn WP on the enemy's home BL, and getting insta-killed immediately by the legendary defenders at the spawn, then rezzed by the Instructor NPC, and insta-killed again, and rezzed again, over and over for 10 minutes. All of us had a fun time /laugh at the guy, and even recorded the scene and sent it to ANet. Nothing ever came out from it though.

The only instance when this rampant cheating was directly addressed was when ANet did that mass 6-month bans on suspect accounts some years ago. While there were some probably many instances of false positives, the cheats and hacks kinda slowed down after that. To the point of 'killing' off some populated servers that had too many of them. Some of them never really recovered from that loss of players.

That was some while ago, and there hasn't been any instance of action being taken towards hackers made public by ANet (if there are any) since. So do report on these people, better if you have video evidence, but don't get your hopes up that anything will be done anytime soon.

• TDC.1627TDC.1627 Member ✭✭

It’s times like this I miss Chris Cleary as the security lead. At least he acted on these. Adding to this apparently [email protected] has been disabled so you can’t even email footage anymore

• TinkTinkPOOF.9201TinkTinkPOOF.9201 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TDC.1627 said:
    It’s times like this I miss Chris Cleary as the security lead. At least he acted on these. Adding to this apparently [email protected] has been disabled so you can’t even email footage anymore

Not like it mattered. I was in a matchup a few years back where I had everyone online in my guild (small only 20 people on) report hackers getting into hills by wall walking up from the valley by lords room, yes, that super tall valley. You could stand there and watch them, 6 people all from the same guild, they didn't even hide guild names, after all of us reporting them, I made a video of them doing it, while clicking on each name and blocking so you could see in the video who each person was, uploaded it and sent to anet....We were in a matchup with that server for 2 resets in a row and by the end of the second, they were still at it, no bans. They did it for at least 3 hours of my play time every day, flipping Hills 10+ times a day.

Also, the fact they have not added an option for cheating/hacking really shows anets stance on banning them. They rather act like it doesn't exist in GW2 than to put in the effort to ban these people.

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2020

Back in the days, ArenaNet was quite visionary about cheating and cheat prevention in their designs.

A New Kind of Architecture

The synchronous peer-to-peer networking model comes close to solving the cheating problem. Since computers only send mouse and keyboard input over the network, there is nothing that a player can do to give himself greater abilities than the game intended him to have. The remaining problem is that computers see too much information about what the other players in the game are doing. Is there a type of network model that would address this? Yes there is, and it’s called client/server.

In a properly written client/server game, computers still send only mouse and keyboard messages over the network, but they now send that information to a single server, rather than sending it to every other player. The server is the only computer that knows what all players in the game are doing, and knows the entire state of the game. The server then sends back to the clients just those events that they should be able to see. This way, the clients can’t do anything they’re not supposed to do, and they can’t see anything they’re not supposed to see.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060205102729/http://www.arena.net/news/articles/mikearticle040802.html

It makes perfect sense to me. If the only thing the client can send to the server are keystrokes and mouse inputs, a client can never fake messages like "teleport to location XYZ" or "I am now walking southwards at coordinates XYZ". Question remains why the reality is different in the reality of GW2.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭✭

I thought I may have been imagining things, but that teleport hack in PvP Did make it's way to WvW then ? I saw a player on a warclaw appear behind me at a camp within a split second and immediately disappear as soon as the warclaw landed. Is that what this is about ?

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

The option under reporting is botting, as others have said. That said, nothing will happen about it. You have to submit videos to anet showing the infraction, and even then, those players (even people flying in golems over walls), still get to log in, week after week.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

• Caine.8204Caine.8204 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2020

@Naxos.2503 said:
    I thought I may have been imagining things, but that teleport hack in PvP Did make it's way to WvW then ? I saw a player on a warclaw appear behind me at a camp within a split second and immediately disappear as soon as the warclaw landed. Is that what this is about ?

teleport hacks were probably more widely used in wvw than anywhere else. you have very little chance of noticing in such a large map, and you may even attribute it to the player lagging, or you just have no idea what's going on, and you go about your day and forget about it.

you essentially set a "save point", or multiple "save points" that you can hotkey to teleport to. there's fly hack, a speed hack that brings you to 33% even in combat (cripple and chill no longer affect you, and you're moving faster than combat speed allows)

the hack is free and publicly available too.

• Anet no longer monitor the email account set up to report cheats on ... that should tell you all you need to know . Its also why there`s no specific options in the drop down menu . The botting thing is just there for players rinsing events for drops or rewards, like we used to get in JQ and FA on GW1

• Waffler.1257Waffler.1257 Member ✭✭✭

It's basically impossible to get cheaters banned in this game, I've seen several people who have been cheating for years and no action taken against them despite multiple reports. If you don't like playing with cheaters, play a different game.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Dont waste your time with ingame-reports or using the Ticket System.
    Ingame reports are ignored or doesnt work at all. The Ticket-Support isnt the "right department" for reporting players.

The only way that COULD work would be sending an Email to Arenanet directly.

• @Virdo.1540 said:
    Ingame reports are ignored or doesnt work at all. The Ticket-Support isnt the "right department" for reporting players.

They no longer monitor that email account

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Balkarrie Legacy.9175 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:

They no longer monitor that email account

The one for exploits? I report exploits pretty often & those get fixed within the next update(s) immediatly.
    But maybe they dont care about player reports there either.

• saerni.2584saerni.2584 Member ✭✭✭✭

I believe the method is just to email the support email directly. I’ve done so recently when I got footage of a hacker in WvW. I received a prompt response though it had a reminder that Anet doesn’t share details on how alleged hackers are ultimately punished.

My suggestions:
    1. For NVIDIA users, run Shadowplay in Instant Replay mode. This lets you capture a set period of time into the past at any time. See a hacker and hit the capture button. Make sure your video settings are sufficient to clearly show the hacker.
    2. If you plan to upload the video to YouTube, do so as an unlisted video. While it might be tempting to share the video with others Anet clearly wants to avoid public shaming campaigns that hurt the image of the game (if all people do is share hacker vids it gives a false impression of the overall game experience).
    3. If you are recording in 1080p YouTube won’t treat your video with high quality rendering software and the end result will be grainy and hard for Anet to see. Reprocess it into 1440p (stretching the 1080p) will fix the YouTube post processing issue and help reduce the grainy appearance and make it easier for Anet to see the details of the hack (unless it is obvious even without fine details).

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
    Deadeye (Thief)
    Commandant of P/D and Apex Predator

• Missad.8495Missad.8495 Member ✭✭

Sadly Anet does absolutely nothing about people "hacking/cheating/exploiting/griefing,etc..." at all. No matter how many times you report the blatant offender. There has been a JQ gold ranked charr dragon hunter teleport hacking into shrines(literally into the shrine itself) and towers as recently as today, and this has been documented with video and reported hundreds of times but yet it continues..... gg Anet for letting these hackers continue to operate in the wide open for everyone to see...

• Doug.4930Doug.4930 Member ✭✭✭

@Missad.8495 said:
    Sadly Anet does absolutely nothing about people "hacking/cheating/exploiting/griefing,etc..." at all. No matter how many times you report the blatant offender. There has been a JQ gold ranked charr dragon hunter teleport hacking into shrines(literally into the shrine itself) and towers as recently as today, and this has been documented with video and reported hundreds of times but yet it continues..... gg Anet for letting these hackers continue to operate in the wide open for everyone to see...

Yea I'm on JQ, we see this guy everywhere. Pretty sure hes a bot as he never responds and seems to move In a pattern after combat. Reported him whenever we see him.