Mount Names

Specific names like Raptor, Jackal, and Griffon should be for mount skins. The base mounts should have generic names like Springer and Skimmer do. So, how about - leaper, phaser, and flyer? That way I won't have cognitive dissonance when we eventually get skins that change the mount and I use the "raptor" skill to hop on my horse. Honestly, I'm pretty surprised this wasn't thought about during the development of mounts.

Not what you thought the thread would be about, huh?

Instead of going for the more difficult way of changing 3 species names to base type names, its easier just to change the two base type names into species names

• Raptor
  • Bunnyroo
  • Manta
  • Jackal
  • Gryphon

And instead of usign these mounts like types, if ANet adds in the future more Mounts with different skins, they get then also own combat entry skills, but just share the same mechanics

So for example if Anet ever should implement somethign like Racial Mounts (Horse, Hoverboard, Motorbike, Golems, Thorn Wolves ect), these would juts share the gameplay mechanics of the original five Mounts, but they would look completely different and could provide they completely own skills that fit to their design.

Why enforce upon all mount with their potential skins some kind of "mount type", when we could just have 100% individual mount that have all their individual names, and just share among each other the same gameplay mechanics that are

• Leaps
  • High Jumps
  • Float
  • Phase Jumps
  • Flying

to which Anet could (should add more mechanics also in the future, like:)

• Stealth
  • Transport
  • Climbing/Wall Running
  • Speed Running/Dodging

Would make more sense imo, than to go for mount type terms only and limiting the skins to the terms, when you have more freedom of design, if you go for species names over limited type terms

Archived