Thanks for the Free 1000 Gems

Thank you Arena Net for giving out Free 1000 Gems to people who lost anywhere from a few copper's up to a few hundred or even thousand gold.

PSA: If you got a Mail with money inside recently from Arena Net, it's Gold you lost in Trading Post during the rollback, so check if you also got 1000 Gems on top of that, probably as compensation.

They gave the exact same amount of Gems to everyone, regardless of the amount of gold the person has lost? Well, at least I could convert it into more gold than I had lost. ;)

As for everyone who has not received the full amount yet: I was told that in some cases they might not be able to send out all the gold at once, depending on the status of their investigation, so you will receive the rest at a later point.

I was rather surprised to get money in the mail, and then even more surprised after reading this thread to see the extra 1000 gems. It seems strange to me there was no announcement about any of this (that I am aware of). While I never did get that mount skin or even the free bonfire (for some reason), I feel somewhat mollified now that I have compensation for the fact I was affected by the server outage despite not logging in during the very specific time period.

Just logged in today and checked my Gem Balance as a result of this thread and I've been given 1000 gems too. I had previously got an Anet email restoring the grand sum of 1s and about 4c.

Thank you for making amends for the rollback and server downtime Anet, it is much appreciated. :+1: