Mastic clovers as reward for open world content.

I am a little frustrated right now.I am crafting a legendary (Astralaria) and of cours you need mystic clovers. So your options are to either do WvW/PvP reward tracks or craft them in the mystic forge.

Because I don't really like getting my a*s kicked in PvP or just running around in WvW I take the route of crafting them in the mystic forge. So this morning i bought 60 mystic coins and ectos to craft them together. As you would expect you wouldn't get 60 Mystic clovers out of it, of cours, but getting 10 clovers out of 6 trys is really not fun. And this isn't the first time something like that happened to me. I don't know if my account is just that unlucky but I would preffere not having to spend 700 g+ for clovers that are just 1/16 of the actuall legendary. I could staright up buy it faster than that...

So I want to propose a new daily achievement.The idea I had, would be having to slay 3 different world bosses to get 1 mystic clover.It would still be a time consuming way to get them, but it would be a safe way and I think many people would appreciate that. One of the most annoying things whit building a legendary is getting the clovers and I bet it stops many people from building their legendary.

This is no hate it is just suppose to be a proposal.

Kind regards finfunny.9632

(Sorry for all the spelling mistakes)

If you do all T4 fractals and recommended fractals each day, you can get 2 mystic clovers daily using ecto, mystic coins, etc. this is guaranteed way of spending mystic coins and getting clovers. Also, new drizzlewood achievement tracks net you 2 clovers on completion. These are other options besides crafting, but could take some time also.

@"finfunny.9632" said:The idea I had, would be having to slay 3 different world bosses to get 1 mystic clover.It would still be a time consuming way to get them, but it would be a safe way and I think many people would appreciate that. One of the most annoying things whit building a legendary is getting the clovers and I bet it stops many people from building their legendary.Does the low-effort "stack as many players as needed and autoattack to win" playstyle of World Bosses need to be made more rewarding?

Pvp reward tracks take roughly 40 games with a 50% win rate, not including potions. Wvw takes roughly 8h, without boosters or potions. These reward tracks mostly give 2 clovers with some non-repeatable ones giving more. Fractals give 2 per day with the costs easily covered by doing fractal cm and t4 dailies, which take around an hour with a decent pug group. The mystic forge has always been the main way to get clovers. Dont use the 10 at a time recipe, the 1 at a time recipe gives results much closer to the 30% probability.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Pvp reward tracks take roughly 40 games with a 50% win rate, not including potions. Wvw takes roughly 8h, without boosters or potions. These reward tracks mostly give 2 clovers with some non-repeatable ones giving more. Fractals give 2 per day with the costs easily covered by doing fractal cm and t4 dailies, which take around an hour with a decent pug group. The mystic forge has always been the main way to get clovers. Dont use the 10 at a time recipe, the 1 at a time recipe gives results much closer to the 30% probability.

its not exactly the OP, but either recipe is horrible RNG. Last time I tried the 1 at a time recipe with about 500 coins and got an avg 1 in 10 return. Both recipes suck ass. PvP, WvW and fractals (if you use up all your relics).

@Moradorin.6217 said:

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Pvp reward tracks take roughly 40 games with a 50% win rate, not including potions. Wvw takes roughly 8h, without boosters or potions. These reward tracks mostly give 2 clovers with some non-repeatable ones giving more. Fractals give 2 per day with the costs easily covered by doing fractal cm and t4 dailies, which take around an hour with a decent pug group. The mystic forge has always been the main way to get clovers. Dont use the 10 at a time recipe, the 1 at a time recipe gives results much closer to the 30% probability.

its not exactly the OP, but either recipe is horrible RNG. Last time I tried the 1 at a time recipe with about 500 coins and got an avg 1 in 10 return. Both recipes suck kitten. PvP, WvW and fractals (if you use up all your relics).

A 1 in 10 would mean you had gotten 50 out of using 500 coins. While it is technically possible, it is extremely unlikely and far from the norm. I've using the x1 recipe for all of the weapons, trinkets, and armor; my rate has been at the well researched average.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

its not exactly the OP, but either recipe is horrible RNG. Last time I tried the 1 at a time recipe with about 500 coins and got an avg 1 in 10 return. Both recipes suck kitten. PvP, WvW and fractals (if you use up all your relics).

A 1 in 10 would mean you had gotten 50 out of using 500 coins. While it is technically possible, it is extremely unlikely and far from the norm. I've using the x1 recipe for all of the weapons, trinkets, and armor; my rate has been at the well researched average.

Yea all I can say is the result every time I have used either recipe is bad enough I just refuse to use it. I get plenty of clovers via wvw/pvp. I dont waste relics on clovers. I have armor, many weapons, trinkets, what I need. the recipe is shit, but its fine, it keeps the value of coins high.

aside from the first 3-4 legendary weapons that came from mystic toilet gambling, the other clovers for my all my 17 legendary weapons, 3 legendary backpacks, 1 legendary accessories and 1 full set of legendary armor came from:

• Wvw / PvP reward tracks <- where majority came from, I just jump the game mode and do the dailies.
    • but I would do WvW for maybe 4-8 hours straight on a weekend if the WXP bonus is on
  • Magic-Warped Bundle gambling, have 5 toons parked at malchor trees with the UM glyph on chopping axe

have 1553 coins saved up, but hogging I'm just gonna hog them