killshot should at least go through walls, anet start make some sense.

Lighter.5631

seriously, for how much investment it needs and how little noodle damage it does.it should at least be penetrating walls right?specially for how trash the whole weapon is

i'm surprised how anet can still call the recent buff aggressive after rifle being still completely trash.

@Smoosh.2718 said:A shotgun would mean a brawling mid range weapon that causes AOE damage to multiple targets, causing greater damage the closer the target is.

This would allow the weapon to gain more use than a world boss 1 machine.

yea may as well just change to shotgun when there's 0 purpose in pve and just constantly getting out sniped by rifle deadeye and longbow ranger.

Yeah, I tested killshot few weeks ago in wvw while waiting for balance patch and its damage is really underwhelming. Not only it is telegraphed af, it also doesn't really punish people who don't pay attention unless they are full glass, 11k HP...

I like the idea of shotgun rifle warrior, with some spicy closer range bursty cone attack (similar to engi's Blunderbuss). However, at this point, I am a bit sceptical that Anet will pull off interesting and useful weapon reworks...

They dont want to make any radical changes to the weapons, which is a shame because many of the weapons really need it to keep the game feeling fresh! After all the weapon play in this game is what holds it together.

The current rifle is a single target medium damage weapon. It has delayed utility which will let you down more than help you (skill 4) a rarely used skill 5 unless you like to use a long range weapon in melee range, It lacks any real difference in shots fired, if the rifle is to be kept the same then at least change kill shot to surpressing fire (cone AOE of rapid shots causing cripple and damage).

The current rifle is painfully horrible and boring to use due to its lack of skill diversity.

I full zerk warrior'd in wvw recently. Got in a 2v2, had a clean killshot setup mid fight from stealth so i pop rage signet, im at 25 stacks, I shoot the holosmith.... 8k.

Full crit volley on both targets piercing? 4k.

Rifle is done.It never started, but its done.

I would also prefer shotgun style but anet's excuse would be "that has already been dedicated to engi."

February patch was the stupidest laziest thing that they overhyped. Apparently people were dying to shield bash and bulls charge so they have to do 23 dmg, but aoe condi pollution has been fine this whole time. In fact lets add more of that and give scourge back more pollution HEUGH HEUGH HEUGH.

This game has fallen off so hard.

@"TeqkOneStylez.8047" said:I full zerk warrior'd in wvw recently. Got in a 2v2, had a clean killshot setup mid fight from stealth so i pop rage signet, im at 25 stacks, I shoot the holosmith.... 8k.

I would also prefer shotgun style but anet's excuse would be "that has already been dedicated to engi."

February patch was the stupidest laziest thing that they overhyped. Apparently people were dying to shield bash and bulls charge so they have to do 23 dmg, but aoe condi pollution has been fine this whole time. In fact lets add more of that and give scourge back more pollution HEUGH HEUGH HEUGH.

Holo though so it had protection up most likely. And probably running tank stats. That was half its health though probably. That volley though should have done more damage...

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"TeqkOneStylez.8047" said:I full zerk warrior'd in wvw recently. Got in a 2v2, had a clean killshot setup mid fight from stealth so i pop rage signet, im at 25 stacks, I shoot the holosmith.... 8k.

Holo though so it had protection up most likely. And probably running tank stats. That was half its health though probably. That volley though should have done more damage...

I don't think he had protection, I could check later since i recorded the clip. I feel like it would be hard to do 8k through protection. But the volley did near enough the exact dmg to the fb and the holo. But my point is the dmg would be even lower in pvp. Rifle only kinda works in wvw because everyone plays scared and doesn't engage. Plus you can still use things like sigil of air for more dps.

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:I full zerk warrior'd in wvw recently. Got in a 2v2, had a clean killshot setup mid fight from stealth so i pop rage signet, im at 25 stacks, I shoot the holosmith.... 8k.

I don't think he had protection, I could check later since i recorded the clip. I feel like it would be hard to do 8k through protection. But the volley did near enough the exact dmg to the fb and the holo. But my point is the dmg would be even lower in pvp. Rifle only kinda works in wvw because everyone plays scared and doesn't engage. Plus you can still use things like sigil of air for more dps.

Well if it was a FB, then I bet they were running Dire and burn, so the armor differential comes out to about the same as having Protection on.

you don't really need to explain anything, the point is that rifle hit like noodle and you explaining why it's hitting that low it's like saying it's fine which is not. we all know it's hitting low and why it's hitting low. and the complain and the point of this thread is rifle hitting low.

@Smoosh.2718 said:I'm still on the boat that says Warrior rifle should be a shotgun. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I fully support this as well.Imo Rifle has long needed an overhaul, Warrior has pretty sucky Range options tbh which can result in a lot of people being forced into more sustain based builds to keep them alive.Forceful Greatsword and Might makes Right I expect to be extremely popular for that reason.

I've several Warrior builds myself and every single one of them uses those two traits.

As a Ranger main I know how much survivability can be added to a class just by having a good ranged weapon kit to swap into, same can be said for NPC companions too.. pets, minions etc.Warrior won't get the latter but a good ranged weapon would be great for them.

@felix.2386 said:

you don't really need to explain anything, the point is that rifle hit like noodle and you explaining why it's hitting that low it's like saying it's fine which is not. we all know it's hitting low and why it's hitting low. and the complain and the point of this thread is rifle hitting low.

Rifle doesn't always hit like a noodle though, so taking the bunker case and extrapolating it to all cases is disengenuous.

Rifle doesn't always hit like a noodle though, so taking the bunker case and extrapolating it to all cases is disengenuous.

so you are saying that rifle is completely fine and doesnt need buffs at all, why do you think warrior suck again?

@felix.2386 said:

so you are saying that rifle is completely fine and doesnt need buffs at all, why do you think warrior suck again?

Did I say that? No, I do not think I did, stop extrapolating from the extremes mate. Rifle AA, Rifle 2, and Rifle 4 all need their coefficients reverted to before the balance patch. Volley and KS are okay power wise in this meta, the problem is that everyone now is running tank stats to capitalize on the less-power meta, so you encounter more bunker stats than before. Against a medium defense target, you'll still knock away half their HP or more in this meta its just a matter of if you set up the shot well enough.

Did I say that? No, I do not think I did, stop extrapolating from the extremes mate. Rifle AA, Rifle 2, and Rifle 4 all need their coefficients reverted to before the balance patch. Volley and KS are okay power wise in this meta, the problem is that everyone now is running tank stats to capitalize on the less-power meta, so you encounter more bunker stats than before. Against a medium defense target, you'll still knock away half their HP or more in this meta its just a matter of if you set up the shot well enough.

did you even read what you said? you literally said rifle doesnt always do noodle damage and it's doing noodle damage because enemy is running tanky stats (which is exactly the goal of tanky stats and that implies everything is fine)

you also say that you can still knock a tons of HP off people( with medium to low defense target) with rifle, which also solidify the notion how rifle is fine and warrior damage is fine in general.why you think warrior suck again? please don't ever say warrior suck again as you right now just said it's fine.

@felix.2386 said:

did you even read what you said? you literally said rifle doesnt always do noodle damage and it's doing noodle damage because enemy is running tanky stats (which is exactly the goal of tanky stats and that implies everything is fine)

you also say that you can still knock a tons of HP off people( with medium to low defense target) with rifle, which also solidify the notion how rifle is fine and warrior damage is fine in general.why you think warrior suck again? please don't ever say warrior suck again as you right now just said it's fine.

You really like putting words into people's mouths don't you? I don't think I've ever said that warrior sucks either in this thread or any other, you may be confusing me with other posters, there are after all only so many icons to go around.

KS doesn't have a problem with its damage, it has problems with being highly telegraphed and self rooted, being able to knock half of someone's HP in one skill with proper setup is itself not evidence that rifle is fine as that setup is something that only works versus bad/afk players. Volley doesn't have a problem with its damage, its still in a decent place as a damage skill. AA, Rifle 2, and Rifle 4 are all too low in damage right now even after the ammo system introduction.

@felix.2386 said:

Pretty sure he didn't say what you're claiming he did, are you sure you understand what you read?"HEEEY, YOU WROTE f1 DOESN'T ALWAYS HIT LIKE A NOODLE SO IT'S LITERALLY THE SAME AS IF YOU SAID RIFLE IS FINE!"

Also I agree that f1 doesn't always hit like a noodle, it seems the only way you'd be "fine" with rifle burst is if it kept oneshotting whatever it hits.Saying that you can knock a chunk of hp off people also seems pretty k to me. But that still isn't an equivalent of someone saying that they think everything about the profession or even just a weapon is at the exact place it should be. You have some weirdly disconnected conclusions based on what you're answering to.

• Confused 1