Having Centaur/Dragon/Turtle banner should lock out other skills

Riba.3271

Mounting and dismounting enables F1-F5 skills. Then they nerfed all other damage. Banners might be little bit too strong rn.

Edit: Ops, tried adding another option in between already existing ones and pressed enter and it posted it. Can't edit polls. :angry:

@"Naxos.2503" said:3 of the choices are also the same choice.

I dont think tactics are "abuse". Tactics are temporary advantage, and for that matter, they're rarely used, and when used, rarely used correctly. They should stay exactly as is.

Yeah no, Banners are everywhere and the only one people care about is Dragonbanner because it wipes groups. Tactics shouldn't be usable outside their respective structure and banners heavily favor large groups that have territory to slot them in every tower.

@"Naxos.2503" said:3 of the choices are also the same choice.

I dont think tactics are "abuse". Tactics are temporary advantage, and for that matter, they're rarely used, and when used, rarely used correctly. They should stay exactly as is.

BG's running a map queue on multiple maps every night, each with 2+ dragon banners at all times. It's not temporary, nor does it favor the side with less people. It's not particularly difficult to press 5, 3, 21212121 and collect bags either man lol

edit:easy fix, class banners as siege like a dune roller. Make it so that player stats and traits do not affect the damage it deals, just like how every other piece of siege works.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:edit:easy fix, class banners as siege like a dune roller. Make it so that player stats and traits do not affect the damage it deals, just like how every other piece of siege works.

I think that's a fair comparison, given both are tactivators. Dune Roller locks out all F1+ abilities and utilities, and as of last June, their damage stats were normalized rather than be based on the player's statistics.

It shouldn't matter what profession picks up a Banner, but we know it does, and why players build certain professions exclusively to run DBs.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Delete banners.

BUFF Dune rollers.

Dune Roller meta gogo.

Dune Roller's my favorite tactic to pull, sadly a lot of people slot in Invulnerable dolyaks, not understanding the camp is not likely to be held longer than the tactics take to load up.

I find it generally confuses the hell out of people who cant deal with the speed and siege damage.

No breakbar would also be nice, or even some kind of self-cripple (as the banner is very big and heavy)

Banners are actually problematic in smallscale too. My group (3-5) frequently fight them in the hands of bigger (10-20 sized groups). The sheer amount of CC (and the dmg from it) is quite often what makes us lose those fights.

If the user at least was locked out of all defensive (and more importantly movement) skills focusing down the banner user would be more possible.

1200 range people with breakbars and multiple invulns/movement skills hiding in bigger groups is kinda annoying

Imo skill 2, 3 and 4 are more problematic than 5 as it's generally the CC spam that kills you not the dmg, but overall it's a bit overloaded

@Naxos.2503 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Delete banners.

BUFF Dune rollers.

Dune Roller meta gogo.

Dune Roller's my favorite tactic to pull, sadly a lot of people slot in Invulnerable dolyaks, not understanding the camp is not likely to be held longer than the tactics take to load up.

I find it generally confuses the hell out of people who cant deal with the speed and siege damage.

Yea unless it's an inner camp, you probably don't have enough people watching the camp constantly.

Dune roller also can damage walls, which isn't much but it is fun. Actually I shouldn't say that, because we're not allowed to have fun. Anything fun is removed.