[Suggestion] Allow to turn off personal downstate

Tom.5914

you have posibility to pres /gg in group content to die instantly (fractals, raids, strikes)

but ofc best option culd be to work on not geting downstate in first place ;)

i recomend to use ascended knight rings stats (+pover+precision++toughnes) with captain amulet (+pover++precion+touchnes) if your using full berserk gear, that will make you -20% dps but your survability will rise drastically (vs mobs and other pover build users)

in wvw downstate is kay function as you can start building cata or treb on that person for adional points to your server, or ress your duo you play with by finishing your enemy

Sometimes there are a lot of salty, honorless, outnumbering, siege-throwing failers who chase you over the half map, for example gankara...My gear is already very defensive and I rarely go down, but if it happens I prefer to be down immediatly.I think downstate mechanic is just for bad players, glass canon tryhards or zergs.

When they activate /gg in wvw, this would be fine for me

Ya you think that's a great idea until you with 3 dudes and a thief gets you or the ranger picks you and instead of downed and the 4 guys around you easily rezzing you you now full dead instead. Or if you in the blob under ac's and you go down w 15-20 players around you same thing. I can't see why anyone would legit want this but sure add that. Save me some time if other player chose it. It'll be like a mini no downstate week

@"Tom.5914" said:Personally I am annoyed of downstate, I consider this as wasted time until I can play again.So I would prefer a setting to disable this "feature" so I can have instant death and the possibility to respawn immediatly.

My bet is that given this option you'd either turn it back on immediately or quit the game entirely.

@"Tom.5914" said:Personally I am annoyed of downstate, I consider this as wasted time until I can play again.So I would prefer a setting to disable this "feature" so I can have instant death and the possibility to respawn immediatly.

Well depending on the situation, you are either in a small scale fight which usually leads to a quick stomp, or you're in a large scale fight where you are bound to die to cleave before long. Either way, you're not saving any significant amount of time if you went straight to defeated, and at least you can take a moment or two to tag some folks who might die and turn into bags for you after you respawn! Making lemonade and all.

@Svarty.8019 said:

My bet is that given this option you'd either turn it back on immediately or quit the game entirely.

Depends. It's already a thing not to res thieves and let them respawn (no group utility = no reason to res), so for me it would literally just be saved time.