Watch the trailer for "Jormag Rising"! - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Watch the trailer for "Jormag Rising"!

2>

Comments

  • HotDelirium.7984HotDelirium.7984 Member ✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @HotDelirium.7984 said:
    I will HOWEVER forgive all things if it does go down like that if we get juicy reveal of the water dragon at the last second.....mwahahah.

    It's Deep-Sea Dragon though, because all we know is its location.
    We don't even know what its domains are.

    As in the plot resolves and then the pan away to Cantha with a Tsunami like Deep Sea Dragon, something, this franchise really depends on more epic stuff to get people to continue playing.

  • HotDelirium.7984HotDelirium.7984 Member ✭✭✭

    @Josiah.2967 said:
    Overall good trailer.
    Irritating: To many blue/blue tinted infusions....

    Bad: The new mastery seems lackluster. This seemed like more of the same....not a good thing.
    Concerns: Gaming company's are having their voice actors record from home. This option should have been viable by now.
    Good: We have new adventures.
    Great: Love the visuals, love the art style, loved the vibe.
    Best Takeaway: Meta achievement will not require Strike Missions.

    I just like like how there is ONE square hotkey for all things extra, for countermagic for the missiles for this new mastery for extra spammable abilities everything goes to that one key and overlaps even when they can be pressed at the same time. They need to correct that stackability.

    They did a roundabout fix with the Essence masteries with level 4 targeting anyone but the stack duration and the eventual buff is still low to me.

  • HotDelirium.7984HotDelirium.7984 Member ✭✭✭

    Aurene keeps magic for herself, she just also shares it with mortals.The whole point of Glint's plan was to create entities that would share magic, instead of entirely hoarding it like the other Elder Dragons do, in order to maintain the balance of the world yada yada. This sharing of magic is also stated to be what will allow her to resist the temptations of that growing powers. So, presumably, her bond with the commander, and sharing this magic with her followers, the Order of the Crystal Bloom, should allow her to take on more magic, without going crazy/evil like the other EDs do.

    I also doubt the water dragon will be revealed at the end of IBS. The next big bad is likely to be the racist, xenophobic, Canthan Empire. With the Cantha expansion having us go to Cantha to slap down the Ministry of Purity, and the corrupt Canthan Bureaucracy. Though I suspect the water Dragon will tie into that near the end, and be the focus of Cantha's associated LW season/Saga/whatever the end up calling it.

    Thankyou but I do find it sad that your more in-depth and logical answer is given to me rather then in the game. -_- They touch on some of those points but its so bare bones. It would be interesting (profession wise) if we got further Crystal Champion masteries as we were slowly more "Connected" with Aurene and the conflicts that might create and how her whole Crystal Bloom movement might turn into enemies due to differiating goals and missions towards savings the world. Lots of story potential there. Like how Joko made it seem like we were the badguy all along due to our negligence we could on some level and from some perceptions be a "corrupted Champion."

  • HotDelirium.7984HotDelirium.7984 Member ✭✭✭

    @Manasa Devi.7958 said:

    @HotDelirium.7984 said:

    @Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

    @HotDelirium.7984 said:
    Also, please do remember they can't "Kill" Jormag without permanently disabling the world eventually destroying it.

    Unless Anet just goes "Aurene is the prismatic dragon, so she can take on all the magic!"

    Aurene's ascension has already seemingly set things back to pre-Mordremoth's death, as there are no more instances of volatile or unbound magic being all other the place, which began happening after Mordy's death.

    If and when that happens I'm sure they hopefully explain that bit of new lore to us because all we know is she absorbs and filters out magic so if she doesn't keep it like the other dragons do then where does that go and what does she keep? As is the newest dragon and the most vulnerable she may always be the most vulnerable since she doesn't store magic to get more powerful. She might also have to be present when such an overload of magic is released (locally near Jormag's death) in order to prevent those chaotic torrents all over the world? So many variables!

    At the end of the day.....if we just end up killing Jormag and Bangar and nothing even remotely catastrophic is release/happens/is revealed. I'll be a bit disappointed.

    I will HOWEVER forgive all things if it does go down like that if we get juicy reveal of the water dragon at the last second.....mwahahah.

    I feel Aurene should sacrifice herself if she ever manages to replace all dragons and stabilize all magic, and imbue the world with the ability to balance itself. It would be a nice end to a messianic story and put the setting in a "neutral gear" for future stories.

    and THEN seeing how their exile is no longer necessary the Human Gods return!

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2020

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    This is the final call for boarding. Please mind your step as you board the Hype Train!

    CHOO CHOO!

    not so hyped :disappointed_relieved:

    never been a fan of the drizzlewood coast release because it feels so disconnected with the flow of the map, we are heading further north with this new chapter, now I wonder how we are gonna go all the way back to shiverpeaks for retaking Gunnar's Hold :confused:

    would be better if we had went south to Olafstead then expanded southwards to retake Gunnar's Hold to make the final stand against Jormag

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Josiah.2967 said:
    Best Takeaway: Meta achievement will not require Strike Missions.

    Prefer to grind the Map meta 50 times instead, as well as every single new event 100 times.

  • Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2020

    @Yasai.3549 said:
    Did they just sell us half a map for an episode and the other half for another episode?

    If you were around during Season 3 that was the way it was handled. DryTop was multple episodes. Silverwastes was multiple episodes. Anway no one is selling me anything since I log in and get them for free. The only thing I don't like is not getting a reward when I finish completing the map, since I already got the map completion reward. It just feels like a let down.

    Edit: Season 3 to Season 2...thanks Randulf.7614!

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Yasai.3549 said:
    Did they just sell us half a map for an episode and the other half for another episode?

    If you were around during Season 3 that was the way it was handled. DryTop was multple episodes. Silverwastes was multiple episodes. Anway no one is selling me anything since I log in and get them for free. The only thing I don't like is not getting a reward when I finish completing the map, since I already got the map completion reward. It just feels like a let down.

    Season 2

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @crepuscular.9047 said:

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    This is the final call for boarding. Please mind your step as you board the Hype Train!

    CHOO CHOO!

    not so hyped :disappointed_relieved:

    never been a fan of the drizzlewood coast release because it feels so disconnected with the flow of the map, we are heading further north with this new chapter, now I wonder how we are gonna go all the way back to shiverpeaks for retaking Gunnar's Hold :confused:

    would be better if we had went south to Olafstead then expanded southwards to retake Gunnar's Hold to make the final stand against Jormag

    I completely agree. I find the random maps we go to somewhat annoying. I'd rather a natural, organic map progression where everything links together. Right now it feels like anything but a Living World because everything jumps around and maps are completely independent and isolated from the rest of the game world. I don't think the S2 style of map delivery has quite worked this time - at least not from my point of view

    Any hype I have is for that end scene and the new Claw of Jormag fight. The rest will be just the usual stuff no doubt and adventures don't really interest me much

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Randulf.7614 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Yasai.3549 said:
    Did they just sell us half a map for an episode and the other half for another episode?

    If you were around during Season 3 that was the way it was handled. DryTop was multple episodes. Silverwastes was multiple episodes. Anway no one is selling me anything since I log in and get them for free. The only thing I don't like is not getting a reward when I finish completing the map, since I already got the map completion reward. It just feels like a let down.

    Season 2

    Yep, slip of the brain there. Season 2 is correct.

  • Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Yasai.3549 said:
    Did they just sell us half a map for an episode and the other half for another episode?

    If you were around during Season 2 that was the way it was handled. DryTop was multple episodes. Silverwastes was multiple episodes. Anway no one is selling me anything since I log in and get them for free. The only thing I don't like is not getting a reward when I finish completing the map, since I already got the map completion reward. It just feels like a let down.

    Edited: Season 3 to Season 2...thanks Randulf!

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Yasai.3549 said:
    Did they just sell us half a map for an episode and the other half for another episode?

    If you were around during Season 3 that was the way it was handled. DryTop was multple episodes. Silverwastes was multiple episodes. Anway no one is selling me anything since I log in and get them for free. The only thing I don't like is not getting a reward when I finish completing the map, since I already got the map completion reward. It just feels like a let down.

    Edit: Season 3 to Season 2...thanks Randulf.7614!

    There was a 'map completion' reward for the second half of the map; it was just obtained in a different way: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest_of_the_Bjora_Marches_Explorer

  • Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Yasai.3549 said:
    Did they just sell us half a map for an episode and the other half for another episode?

    If you were around during Season 3 that was the way it was handled. DryTop was multple episodes. Silverwastes was multiple episodes. Anway no one is selling me anything since I log in and get them for free. The only thing I don't like is not getting a reward when I finish completing the map, since I already got the map completion reward. It just feels like a let down.

    Edit: Season 3 to Season 2...thanks Randulf.7614!

    There was a 'map completion' reward for the second half of the map; it was just obtained in a different way: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest_of_the_Bjora_Marches_Explorer

    Lighting the brazier is not a map completion reward, which is very specific. Map completion is when you get all the vistas, way points,POS and hero points, all of which are clearly marked on the map. That's map completion, When you complete that everywhere else in the game (except WvW now, which used to have rewards) you get a reward to pop.

    The scavenger hunt is different because those items aren't marked on the map and you can find them all without completing the map. There are no shortage of scavenger hunts in this game. There are tons of them. WE get some with every chapter. But we also get a very specific reward for completing the map.

    I got that reward when I completed the first half of the map. Then they add a second half, but the game as already trained me to expect a reward. That's how the game has been designed for a very long time...since Season 2, pretty much. When you complete the second half of the zone, something should pop up. It doesn't have to be the same reward, but there should be something.

    Because I had seeing a zone say 50% done, but I also hate doing all this stuff after the fact and not having it acknowledged by the game. I've talked to other people in my guild and they feel the same way. It's either leave your map unfinished or finish it and have the game just sit there and look at you.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2020

    And yet, you could only obtain that reward from the second half of the map.
    You obtained a different reward for the first half of the map that included XP.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bjora_Marches#Completion_rewards
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest_of_the_Bjora_Marches_Explorer

    (The Devs even talked about it on Guild Chat.)

  • Tazer.2157Tazer.2157 Member ✭✭✭

    @Loesh.4697 said:

    @Tazer.2157 said:

    @Loesh.4697 said:

    @Tazer.2157 said:

    When did the game turn into a Miss Universe pageant? " I wish for world peace".. The nations with the most advanced armies always win. Besides the Charr are more than capable of not fighting as shown by the Olmakhan. This tells me that the Charr are not some crazed maniacs who will turn on themselves when they run out of enemies. That is just ridiculous and quite frankly underestimating the Charr.

    I'v beaten this topics to death, but I just want to razor focus on this point to say: You're holding up the Olmakhan as an example even though the Olmakhans historical records explicitly state they left due to the Legions insane cycle of violence, otherwise they would of fought with Scorchrazor. They abandoned the Legions for Elona because in their words the Legions were just using humans as an excuse for their problems, and they would wipe themselves out in an orgy of destruction in the human races absence.

    Exactly! We see that the Charr are capable enough to be self deterministic. If certain Charr could disagree with the legions views, then it stands to reason that the Charr society can change once they begin killing each other. As a commander who is not Charr, I do not want to be that person who tells the Charr what they should and shouldn’t do. Neither do I have an interest to be killing Charr in the name of saving them. They are not my pets or incapable idiots. They are a race that have conquered, build and thrived. If the writers want to change the way the current Charr operate they must give the player character (if he/she is Charr only!) an option on which side to support. Will you support the warmongering Charr legions or take the route of peace. Favoring one over the other takes away from the player.

    It would be amazing if a Charr player who sided against the legion be barred from the citadel and have the legions put a bounty on him/her. The same with the players who decided to side with the legion being barred from certain cities etc.

    Then later on if the writers decide that the ultimate fate of the Charr is one of peace, they can put in an NPC that leads the fight against the legion and ends up changing Charr society. This again should only involve Charr players and requires a lot of time and investment. But this is the way to go about changing an in game race’s society. It shouldn’t be done in a single living story, but done over a period of time.

    I don't think anyone is arguing that Charr are biologically built to be this way, to do so would be silly when the developers themselves have said the Legions are this way for sociological reasons. As far as it goes for the Legions, we've reached radically different conclusions: Charr society is, and always has been, a dumpsterfire. They win short term military victories and then devour themselves in a series of Klingon promotions and incompetence that makes them a danger to both themselves and everyone around them. They cannot be allowed to continue like this, conquering everything they come into contact with because they simply refuse to accept that anything can be greater then the self, the Legions as they are now must be dismantled and the Olmakhans words back that claim.

    This is at this point, about more then just the Charr at this point. Their civil war has been backed and heralded by Jormags champions, not unlike how the Flame Legion had done with Primordius and before that how they had turned to Abaddon. Even if I agreed with the sentiment that the Legions were only fighting for their homeland I don't think any of the forces they have bargained and bartered with are good for any other living being, or even themselves. Left to their own devices, eventually the Charr would end everything if left in this state.

    And there's no way the other nations of Tyria do not know this, and it would be insane to say that they or the non-Charr PCs would stand aside for Ruinbringers corruption.

    Sure thing. You’ll make a good dictator. Just ask Aurene to threaten the Charr. Have them live your way because we are perfect little commanders. Comply or perish. Sounds like a great role to play. I don’t want to be some moral gatekeeper of Charr society. Just give me the elder dragons. Why are we even at this point in the story?? Tbh the way Bangar was ahead of us even though we could have easily stopped him makes me root for him. The world should have no place for idiot leaders and right now the commander is one.

  • Sajuuk Khar.1509Sajuuk Khar.1509 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2020

    @Tazer.2157 said:
    Sure thing. You’ll make a good dictator. Just ask Aurene to threaten the Charr. Have them live your way because we are perfect little commanders. Comply or perish. Sounds like a great role to play. I don’t want to be some moral gatekeeper of Charr society. Just give me the elder dragons. Why are we even at this point in the story?? Tbh the way Bangar was ahead of us even though we could have easily stopped him makes me root for him. The world should have no place for idiot leaders and right now the commander is one.

    Man, where are you even getting any of this from? None of this is going on in the story. The Commander isn't doing anything, its Charr like Rylotk and Crecia that are realizing these problems, and trying to make changes. Not to mention the Olmakhan, a group of Charr who realized Charr society was broken, and so left it. All the commander is doing is fighting the Dragons, and those that serve them.

    Also

    • Insulting people by saying they would make good dictators
    • roots for the actual dictator in the story, Bangar

    Seems a bit backwards

  • @Lyonard.4708 said:
    I love everything about this trailer, but... The "new" emote is just lazy... is it gonna overwrite the old one? are we just gonna ignore the fact that there are already a ton of incredible emotes that we can't have acsess to? think about the olmakhans at the western shore of the Atholma village at sandswept isles... it would be amazing to meditate like them

    Yeah, really a shame... i just hope they are not just going to take the old ones, put a shiny effect, and call it a new reward.
    Besides, those olmakhans have a couple more animations we could get; like the martial art stance or the other one with the arms spreaded

  • Loesh.4697Loesh.4697 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tazer.2157 said:

    @Loesh.4697 said:

    @Tazer.2157 said:

    @Loesh.4697 said:

    @Tazer.2157 said:

    When did the game turn into a Miss Universe pageant? " I wish for world peace".. The nations with the most advanced armies always win. Besides the Charr are more than capable of not fighting as shown by the Olmakhan. This tells me that the Charr are not some crazed maniacs who will turn on themselves when they run out of enemies. That is just ridiculous and quite frankly underestimating the Charr.

    I'v beaten this topics to death, but I just want to razor focus on this point to say: You're holding up the Olmakhan as an example even though the Olmakhans historical records explicitly state they left due to the Legions insane cycle of violence, otherwise they would of fought with Scorchrazor. They abandoned the Legions for Elona because in their words the Legions were just using humans as an excuse for their problems, and they would wipe themselves out in an orgy of destruction in the human races absence.

    Exactly! We see that the Charr are capable enough to be self deterministic. If certain Charr could disagree with the legions views, then it stands to reason that the Charr society can change once they begin killing each other. As a commander who is not Charr, I do not want to be that person who tells the Charr what they should and shouldn’t do. Neither do I have an interest to be killing Charr in the name of saving them. They are not my pets or incapable idiots. They are a race that have conquered, build and thrived. If the writers want to change the way the current Charr operate they must give the player character (if he/she is Charr only!) an option on which side to support. Will you support the warmongering Charr legions or take the route of peace. Favoring one over the other takes away from the player.

    It would be amazing if a Charr player who sided against the legion be barred from the citadel and have the legions put a bounty on him/her. The same with the players who decided to side with the legion being barred from certain cities etc.

    Then later on if the writers decide that the ultimate fate of the Charr is one of peace, they can put in an NPC that leads the fight against the legion and ends up changing Charr society. This again should only involve Charr players and requires a lot of time and investment. But this is the way to go about changing an in game race’s society. It shouldn’t be done in a single living story, but done over a period of time.

    I don't think anyone is arguing that Charr are biologically built to be this way, to do so would be silly when the developers themselves have said the Legions are this way for sociological reasons. As far as it goes for the Legions, we've reached radically different conclusions: Charr society is, and always has been, a dumpsterfire. They win short term military victories and then devour themselves in a series of Klingon promotions and incompetence that makes them a danger to both themselves and everyone around them. They cannot be allowed to continue like this, conquering everything they come into contact with because they simply refuse to accept that anything can be greater then the self, the Legions as they are now must be dismantled and the Olmakhans words back that claim.

    This is at this point, about more then just the Charr at this point. Their civil war has been backed and heralded by Jormags champions, not unlike how the Flame Legion had done with Primordius and before that how they had turned to Abaddon. Even if I agreed with the sentiment that the Legions were only fighting for their homeland I don't think any of the forces they have bargained and bartered with are good for any other living being, or even themselves. Left to their own devices, eventually the Charr would end everything if left in this state.

    And there's no way the other nations of Tyria do not know this, and it would be insane to say that they or the non-Charr PCs would stand aside for Ruinbringers corruption.

    Sure thing. You’ll make a good dictator. Just ask Aurene to threaten the Charr. Have them live your way because we are perfect little commanders. Comply or perish. Sounds like a great role to play. I don’t want to be some moral gatekeeper of Charr society. Just give me the elder dragons. Why are we even at this point in the story?? Tbh the way Bangar was ahead of us even though we could have easily stopped him makes me root for him. The world should have no place for idiot leaders and right now the commander is one.

    At this point it's not even about one side having more moral justification. I have an equal amount of contempt for Smodur, and among the other Tyrian societies i'm not fond of either how the Asura or Norn run things, hell even among my favorite race the humans I think that the Oligarchy they have put together is excessively cruel to the poor and downtrodden. But the Legions have let their flaws reach a tipping point, the other nations of Tyria have to react because Ruinbringer is just plain insane and he will literally purge all other races on the planet if left to his own devices.

    As pointed out above it's not like the Charr themselves don't have input. Malice, Rytlock, and Crecia represent the Legionnaires who actually have some semblance of honor left and will be the ones to pick up the pieces of Legion society once the war is over.

  • HotDelirium.7984HotDelirium.7984 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lyonard.4708 said:
    I love everything about this trailer, but... The "new" emote is just lazy... is it gonna overwrite the old one? are we just gonna ignore the fact that there are already a ton of incredible emotes that we can't have acsess to? think about the olmakhans at the western shore of the Atholma village at sandswept isles... it would be amazing to meditate like them

    I agree the first iteration should have been the shiny one and a newer one should be there. Upgraded emotes are some pretty low requested rewards if they are even request AS a reward.

  • @HotDelirium.7984 said:

    @Lyonard.4708 said:
    I love everything about this trailer, but... The "new" emote is just lazy... is it gonna overwrite the old one? are we just gonna ignore the fact that there are already a ton of incredible emotes that we can't have acsess to? think about the olmakhans at the western shore of the Atholma village at sandswept isles... it would be amazing to meditate like them

    I agree the first iteration should have been the shiny one and a newer one should be there. Upgraded emotes are some pretty low requested rewards if they are even request AS a reward.

    I am up for an upgraded emote. At least it is something different than the barage of weapons collections this season has been famous for. I am still waiting for some unique ascended weapons or something you can unlock through achievement collections. Like the Steel and Fire ones, but make them ascended and unique, kinda like the elite spec collections. Too much of exotic weap collections in my opinion.