My Necro Wish List

pah.4931

Hello. I am a nobody. Here is my necro wish list. What is yours?

• Make MH Dagger Better - I would do 2 things to make mh dagger a more engaging weapon, with a better theme (vampire). First, I would add a sizeable life siphon to the third hit on the #1 attack chain. And second, I would put an evade on dagger #2 so that it wasn't so easy to avoid in PvP ("Turn into a swarm of insects for three seconds, evading attacks and siphoning health from your foe. Healing effectiveness increases if you are bleeding. Damage increases if your foe is bleeding.")
  • Make OH Dagger Better - Continuing with the vampiric theme of mh dagger, I would change #5 to "Teleport to target area and inflict bleeding to all characters (including yourself and allies). Also inflicts weakness and cripple on foes."
  • Replace the grandmaster trait "Eternal Life" in Soul Reaping tree with a new trait called "Shroud Dance"... which is something like: "Your shroud cooldown is reduced by 60% but you can no longer swap weapons in combat."
  • Replace the grandmast trait "Death Nova" in Death Magic with "Lord of Death" ... which is something like: "Empowers your minions [aside: makes them stronger and with cooler skins]. Summoning minions no longer requires a cast time. Summon a jagged horror when you kill a foe." ... (people might complain that cosmetics are tied to a trait, but I don't care lol)
  • More access to fear.

@"pah.4931" said:Hello. I am a nobody. Here is my necro wish list. What is yours?

• Make MH Dagger Better - I would do 2 things to make mh dagger a more engaging weapon, with a better theme (vampire). First, I would add a sizeable life siphon to the third hit on the #1 attack chain. And second, I would put an evade on dagger #2 so that it wasn't so easy to avoid in PvP ("Turn into a swarm of insects for three seconds, evading attacks and siphoning health from your foe. Healing effectiveness increases if you are bleeding. Damage increases if your foe is bleeding.")Mh-dagger is so bad these days that only a 2 second blind on the 3rd autoattack could make it viable so that you have a chance to survive at melee range. This would btw. create a nice synergy with the chill on blind trait in curses and truely create some options for viable dagger builds at least for power core necro.

They messed around so much with skill 2 and 3 - which improved nothing - that I doubt we will ever see a true rework.

• Make OH Dagger Better - Continuing with the vampiric theme of mh dagger, I would change #5 to "Teleport to target area and inflict bleeding to all characters (including yourself and allies). Also inflicts weakness and cripple on foes."All oh-dagger ever needed was an instant cast for skill 5. It already has a delayed impact. It makes no sense to add an additional cast time, that is even significantly high for such a mediocre skill.

• Replace the grandmaster trait "Eternal Life" in Soul Reaping tree with a new trait called "Shroud Dance"... which is something like: "Your shroud cooldown is reduced by 60% but you can no longer swap weapons in combat."We will see Blood Bank buffs in the future. This trait is useless and anet knows it.

I think (or hope) they will change it to a small amount of barrier for every self-heal for the necromancer. Something like "gain barrier of 20% of your self healing". So a 5k self-healing could grant an additional 1k barrier. It should of course also work with leechings (think about the BM traits or dagger2) and regeneration.

Limited to self-healing, because other healing sources would be overpowered and result in unkillable necros as long as they have a pocket healer.

• Replace the grandmast trait "Death Nova" in Death Magic with "Lord of Death" ... which is something like: "Empowers your minions [aside: makes them stronger and with cooler skins]. Summoning minions no longer requires a cast time. Summon a jagged horror when you kill a foe." ... (people might complain that cosmetics are tied to a trait, but I don't care lol)Too much bunker potential.

• More access to fear.Too strong for Dread.

Dread is the second strongest offensive trait for necro right after reaper's onslaught (which is absurdly mandatory as it defines the whole spec). If you add more fears then you can basically keep up the dread effects 24/7 and that would be overpowered.

My wishlist?

1. Lingering Curse redesigned. No longer buffs Scepter condition base duration or changes Scepter 3 into an actually usable skill, instead, these things are made part of Scepter baseline (Reduce the potency if required for balance). Lingering Curse now functions like other weapon traits, providing Expertise, with bonus Condition Damage while wielding a Scepter and 20% reduced recharge of Scepter skills.
  2. Vampiric Wells brought back instead of Blood Bank. VW buffed to cause Wells to also tick Bleed.
  3. Well of Blood causes allies within its area to siphon health on their attacks. Well of Power now grants 2 stacks of Might and 1 stack of Fury (2s) per tick.
  4. MH Dagger redesigned into something actually usable.
  5. OH Dagger gains increase animation/projectile speed so that the skills land faster after completing their cast animation. Dagger skill 4 now also applies a stack of Torment (6s)
  6. Warhorn skill 5 radius increased to 300
  7. Axe skill 3 now has 50% threshold in all game modes
  8. Staff buffed for a support role: Skill 1 is now a chain second attack sends out 2 hands which deal extra damage and cripple in a line, third attack summons a spectral sycthe at the target that deals damage in an area and rips a boon generating additional LF per boon ripped. Skill 2 provides Regen both around the mark and also the necro on trigger. Skill 3 now also provides Vigor to allies around the mark and necro. Skill 4 also transfers a condition from nearby allies. Skill 5 also grants stability to allies around the mark and the necro.
  9. Greatsword skill 1 attack 3 cast time reduced to 0.75s, skill 2 cast time reduced to 1s and now also generates LF against targets below 50% life, skill 4 radius increased by 33% (Capping out at 400 units)
  10. Scourge tweaked. Manifest Sand Shade trigger damage also occurs around the Necromancer. Sand Sage and Blood as Sand reworked to now provide their bonuses for a duration after using an F skill rather than when having active Sand Shades (Cap of 3 stacks still). Desert Shroud duration increased to 10 seconds (Damage adjusted accordingly). Harbinger Shroud redesigned, now functions similarly to Desert Shroud but on exiting Shroud it explodes dealing damage and applying Burning in an AoE.
  11. Minions no longer unsummon on zone change/entering water/exiting water/picking up a bundle/mounting. When gliding they are temporarily removed from the map and reappear upon landing (Similar to Ranger pets)
  12. Bone Minions reworked so that their active is on a charge system and they function similarly to Mantras where if you have at 1 remaining, the other will respawn after its charge time completes (This is sort of possible already, mounting up with only 1 Bone Minion causes you to have 2 again upon dismount). Bone Fiend reworked active now shoots projectiles that apply Poison and Chill on a 20s CD, generates 10% LF, has 1200 range and is a 100% Projectile Finisher.